Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I said the comparison in a way so I don’t know if this was aimed at me but Arcadia is way better for me subjectively-her vocals are much stronger-almost diva like 

For me, right now, the problem is that there’s no catharsis, no real emotional catharsis, no change in her emotional state, at the end. It is sad that she’s forgotten like the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard, or feels that she is, but it’s that’s where she was when the song started. So it feels a little like a flat sea to me. 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Who mixed the track? It reminds me of coccs mixing- I would put the orchestra and drum higher. 

jack antonoff :bebe: LMFAO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, Vertimus said:

For me, right now, the problem is that there’s no catharsis, no real emotional catharsis, no change in her emotional state, at the end. It is sad that she’s forgotten like the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard, or feels that she is, but it’s that’s where she was when the song started. So it feels a little like a flat sea to me. 

but why would a song need a catharsis to be good? A lot of songs are more of a stationary state of mind/ feeling than an evolution

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

jack antonoff :bebe: LMFAO

He needs to stay away from mixing-there’s a beautiful electric guitar near the end which is muted. 

obviously she likes a muted production but I hear lots of gorgeous instruments which could be pushed.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

He needs to stay away from mixing-there’s a beautiful electric guitar near the end which is muted. 

and he's the one playing said electric guitar :bebe:  only the gods knows what the fuck is going on in his mind :bebe: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

but why would a song need a catharsis to be good? A lot of songs are more of a stationary state of mind/ feeling than an evolution

It doesn’t have to be a big noisy or dramatic catharsis, even a subtle shift, as in IYLDWM and especially in VFR is enough, or earlier in ‘Bel-Air.’ 

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Crack

probably :true: it's like he enjoys sabotaging his own stuff

btw love to see another taylor momsen stan over here! lana and taylor raised me in the early 2010s :heart: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Pitchfork seemed to like the new track

Just waiting for Fantano's worst tracks of the week to include it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

obviously she likes a muted production but I hear lots of gorgeous instruments which could be pushed.

Laura Sisk can catch it too idgaf:brandy:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I’m stoned as hell so this song hit me in a way I wasn’t expecting.

It turned out to be a very hypnotic experience. I felt the soft percussion much more proeminent and that combined with the majestic chords and the languid guitar, plus the almost BTD/Paradise vocal delivery in the verses created a super immersive experience for me where I felt like I was navigating through all of her eras across this decade and a half in a really fast paced rhythm. At some point it truly felt like I was swimming in a very colorful tunnel surrounded by all these Elizabeths and Lana’s.

I don’t know how to explain it without sounding even more cringe and I apologize for venting over here but it was a pretty surreal journey for me. I’m feeling kind of breathless.

IMG-1607.jpg

I listened to the song 4 times in the car (sidenote: my cheap Spotify sub runs out tomorrow - talk about good timing!), and I love it, but want to hear it in the context of the album, like Arcadia or White Dress. Excellent lyrics, as everyone has been saying, and the choir at the end is spine-tingling.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

It turned out to be a very hypnotic experience. I felt the soft percussion much more proeminent and that combined with the majestic chords and the languid guitar, plus the almost BTD/Paradise vocal delivery in the verses created a super immersive experience for me where I felt like I was navigating through all of her eras across this decade and a half in a really fast paced rhythm. At some point it truly felt like I was swimming in a very colorful tunnel surrounded by all these Elizabeths and Lana’s.

I don’t know how to explain it without sounding even more cringe and I apologize for venting over here but it was a pretty surreal journey for me. I’m feeling kind of breathless.

Bestie I really like reading your posts! Don’t apologize! 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

With that being said, I see elements of all of her albums in this one song. Which is pretty crazy.

The setting up/intro felt very Blue Banisters meets Lust For Life (BB sonically speaking, LFL for the imagery the sound of her whisper paints - her LFL album trailer persona hovering over all of these different Lanas), the majestic orchestra transports us right to Honeymoon, the operatic build up is reminiscent of BTD/Paradise, the bridge (with that very soft guitar) is very NFR/Chemtrails specially with that Harry Nilsson mention. And that tone… incredibly melancholic, painful and sorrowful like Ultraviolence.

This song has it all. Or i’m too stoned idk. 

IMG-1607.jpg