Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

Why do i not see a lot of people on here being critical of the new single… I really expected something more/different the way those insiders were hyping it up. It’s rly giving “i’ve heard this before” to me. Same tempo, structure, build up, etc as we can find on LMLYLAW, IYLDWM, BBS…

Why is Lana limiting herself to her comfort zone

:true:

5 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I’m not saying its a bad song but how is it any different from what’s on COCC or BB? Vocally, lyrically or sonically? Where is Lana artistic growth? 

While the song has a lot of similarities to the songs you mentioned, I feel that the production, the build-up, the “don’t forget me” refrain and the overall mood make this stand out more. It translates an emotion through the lyrics and the delivery that the other songs do not. 

20 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Why do i not see a lot of people on here being critical of the new single… I really expected something more/different the way those insiders were hyping it up. It’s rly giving “i’ve heard this before” to me. Same tempo, structure, build up, etc as we can find on LMLYLAW, IYLDWM, BBS…

umm the outro is completely different from anything on bb/cocc 

also this is just a single so we can’t be quick to judge, you know? there’s 13 more songs (not including interludes) and we know some of them are gonna be “grand” so it’s okay that this track is on the minimal side

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i just wanted to say, this song pairs so nicely with buddy's rendezvous :hair: try listening to ocean boulevard and then buddy's rendezvous, it's such a nice, jazzy vibe :hair:  

Right!!

I'm so excited for her collar with FJM on this album, they work so beautifully together.

16 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

For real. I do like the song as I said before but damn…people are just blindly throwing compliments and saying they love it and she ate etc. It’s a beautiful song, the lyricism of this era will be unmatched, but the production itself does feel BBish, as if we’re still stuck in a loop. The insiders were gassing this the FUCK up saying it was different from anything she’d ever done and her magnum opus and…lyrically yes (aside from the last 2 minutes being “don’t forget me” sounding like one of those weird upbeat pharmaceutical commercial song covers) but production wise? You start the song and it’s IYLDWM with *better lyrics and LMLYLAW with orchestra on top. I’m excited for the orchestra, the piano did not disappoint, and I heard the beautiful sound of actual drums somewhere in there but this doesn't feel completely different as people were saying. That’s not to say I didn’t give her 45 dollars at 10:14AM as soon as I found the preorder link but I am holding out hope for the album itself! :diva:

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

umm the outro is completely different from anything on bb/cocc 

also this is just a single so we can’t be quick to judge, you know? there’s 13 more songs (not including interludes) and we know some of them are gonna be “grand” so it’s okay that this track is on the minimal side

BoZ or Eclipse confirmed the three interludes I guess?