Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I would oddly be okay without a video for this era... I think because everything happened so fast & we have a date and the visuals are so exceptional (to me) so far... I can't picture a video doing justice for this song. its such a unique track to add to her discography 

but I am curious about where she was sitting in front of the "carwash" on the single picture ... maybe they shot some things in Long Beach tbd I guess

Just now, The Love Witch said:

Because at the bottom of pandora’s box there is still…hope.

I have hope she will ditch her current entourage at some point and make exciting music again. I really really wished that she and Jack Antonoff never crossed paths. I curse the day the met.

even though i disagree with you a bit because while i'm not a jack fan i still love the song and some of the other work they've done, you're completely entitled to your opinion and i think that people are overreacting a bit :awkney:

this is a discussion forum and we are discussing the music - some people like it & some people don't, what's the big deal?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

why are you here?

Because one can be a fan and be critical of their recent/current output. Stop acting like you have to eat everything up she serves in order to be a fan! There‘s a ton of people here who still casually follow her despite not enjoying her last few albums.

12 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Watch it be the same boring shit as her last three albums with scarce production and lazy melodies.

is "boring" because YOU don't like it? Sit down, my dear. Your tastes are not law. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

So… changing the subject since our third-graders don’t know how to talk with their colleagues 

What kind of video (aesthetically thinking) would you guys think would fit this era?

i’d love to see something really noir

actual footage of all these debby downers chimming in to try and ruin such a perfect day for the majority of us 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f76703c7ee242e4abe

Spoiler

I question why some of you are still here. I've seen the same group of people talk down on her music since COCC and it's getting old af :wtf3: 

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

You’re a Taylor Swift stan after all. So this doesn’t come off as a surprise to me. :true: 

Ah, the typical LB hypocrite! Go back to the cavern you came out of

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, marryingkind said:

So… changing the subject since our third-graders don’t know how to talk with their colleagues 

which kind of video (aesthetically thinking) would you guys think would fit this era?

i’d love to see something really noir

As if she's doing a video; after everything she gave us today she has thoroughly exhausted herself, probably went to bed at 7pm and won't post again until March 10

But if she did I feel like it'd kinda be an extension of that video with the cats in the bath, etc

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

You’re a Taylor Swift stan after all. So this doesn’t come off as a surprise to me. :true: 

Says who :ma:, I only re-listen to 2 albums of hers, I think you misread my sentiments :usrs:. But yes I feel that the song is meh too, there will probably one Wildflower Wildfire song for me to enjoy

Just now, Surf Noir said:

in their defense, they're just stating that THEY think it's boring, they're not stating it as fact

No, they said it as if it was a fact. People have every right to have an opinion about what they like or don't like, but to objectively classify something as stupid or boring is to believe that your opinion is worth more than everyone else's, and it's not. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Because one can be a fan and be critical of their recent/current output. Stop acting like you have to eat everything up she serves in order to be a fan! There‘s a ton of people here who still casually follow her despite not enjoying her last few albums.

Very true. I said that yesterday. To make a total cult figure out of an artist, above all criticism, does no one any good. That’s what turned Elton John into an egotistical monster for a few decades—among other artists. 

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

No, they said it as if it was a fact. People have every right to have an opinion about what they like or don't like, but to objectively classify something as stupid or boring is to believe that your opinion is worth more than everyone else's, and it's not. 

i didn't read it that way, i don't feel like they have to explicitly say "my personal belief is that it's boring", just simply describing something as "boring" is not necessarily the same as "it is a fact that this is boring and if you think otherwise you're wrong", regardless of how we feel about their opinion, we shouldn't twist their words 

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

As if she's doing a video; after everything she gave us today she has thoroughly exhausted herself, probably went to bed at 7pm and won't post again until March 10

But if she did I feel like it'd kinda be an extension of that video with the cats in the bath, etc

Of course she won’t lol

it’s just to say what you would like to see

btw loved that idea