Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

If you think about it, this is the first longer album of work since NFR. Chemtrails had only 11 new tracks, but 2 were singles and 1 of them was a cover, leaving only 8 new songs of release day. And Blue Banisters had tons of leaked stuff on it (which I actually loved). So I’m very excited for a 16 track album of all new work.

6 minutes ago, heyguysss said:

link please

https://www.aha-music.com/identify-songs-music-recognition-online/

from here I got #9

the limited direct upload here seems to work differently than the start page or the browser plugin, where I don't get any info for this fingertips snippet

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Has anyone asked BoZ if the Cali is hot lyrics belong to this album or not? Because they were considered apart of Dark City but aren’t anyone on LDR Fandom.

We talked about this a couple days ago, it's not part of the album. Seems to be a completely unknown unreleased song without era or title.

1 minute ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

Do we know anything about the other interlude(Not the preacher one) I'd love one where she reads a poem

no we don't :bebe:

i THINK it's track 14 but that's like 11294823408% random guessing do not take that as fact whatsoever - literally just a guess pulled out of my ass with no proof

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Random and 99% sure this isn't the case, but im bored so let's make a    conspiracy :flutter:

heres the deal :hooker:

iirc one of the insiders hinted at there being coven vibes  lyrically/theme-wise on the album, so what if banks voodoo was real, and that's why 2020 onwards has been such a mess. But it either it finally wore off, or lana did some candle work of her own to balance things out. And just like on blue banisters, she'll address it, because she knows we're all dying to talk about it 

oprah-new-oprah-gif.gif

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I feel like Lana’s album art often reflects the tone of the record super well, so I’m curious what impression everyone else had!

For me, the photos give me a sense of restlessness: almost like she woke in the middle of the night and is pacing between her bed and the mirror, contemplating her life and feeling full of confessions. 

Personally, Neil’s flower and ocean visuals supplement the photoshoot’s dark, almost dreamlike quality. There seems to be a sensual aspect as well, and I’m so interested to see how it all ties together!

Music has a strong internally visual component for me, and the aesthetic reminds me of how I perceive tracks like Stargirl Interlude, WFWF, Heroin, Summer Bummer, and hope!

(This probably seems like a weird combo of tracks, but it makes sense in my head.)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I feel like Lana’s album art often reflects the tone of the record super well, so I’m curious what impression everyone else had!

For me, the photos give me a sense of restlessness: almost like she woke in the middle of the night and is pacing between her bed and the mirror, contemplating her life and feeling full of confessions.

Personally, Neil’s flower and ocean visuals supplement the photoshoot’s dark, almost dreamlike quality. There seems to be a sensual aspect as well, and I’m so interested to see how it all ties together!
Music has a strong internally visual component for me, and the aesthetic reminds me of how I perceive tracks like Stargirl Interlude, WFWF, Heroin, Summer Bummer, and hope!

(This probably seems like a weird combo of tracks, but it makes sense in my head.)

i'm getting bombastic but less BTD & LFL and more venice bitch... long spacious vibey tracks that are very melancholic

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:
Spoiler

The photos definitely give me stargirl vibes :fabcat: but I don't think that's how the album's going to sound like, personally, but I also don't think it's going to sound like the title track too. I think it's going to have a lot of strings, like violins. That's what I get from the pics

1 minute ago, honeymoonwhore said:

The photos definitely give me stargirl vibes :fabcat: but I don't think that's how the album's going to sound like, personally, but I also don't think it's going to sound like the title track too. I think it's going to have a lot of strings, like violins. That's what I get from the pics

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm getting bombastic but less BTD & LFL and more venice bitch... long spacious vibey tracks that are very melancholic

I’d actually really love either of these! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’d actually really love either of these! 

the thing that's cluing me into the spacey vibe is that BOZ said that the tracks use some unconventional structuring & vocal techniques from lana

i'm definitely getting venice bitch x dark but just a game with BBS vocals thrown in the mix

8 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Also, the shoot reminds me of Madonna's like a virgin so I feel like we're getting sensual themes and her exploring her sexuality .... I mean she has her boobs out a LOT, that's gotta mean something :blush3:

12 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Also, the shoot reminds me of Madonna's like a virgin so I feel like we're getting sensual themes and her exploring her sexuality .... I mean she has her boobs out a LOT, that's gotta mean something :blush3:

if lana was inspired by madge i will a s c e n d

I think this will be the record where she finally gets everything off her chest in a cathartic way, it will pretty much be like looking into Lana's diary and listening to her most private thoughts

It's giving her most raw studio album to date, but raw in this sense doesn't mean messy or unfinished like Blue Banisters, but more like AKA/Sirens in a way

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

48 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think this will be the record where she finally gets everything off her chest in a cathartic way, it will pretty much be like looking into Lana's diary and listening to her most private thoughts

It's giving her most raw studio album to date, but raw in this sense doesn't mean messy or unfinished like Blue Banisters, but more like AKA/Sirens in a way

BOZ said that it's her most confessional and vulnerable album to date. He also described it as "the diary of a lost girl looking for guidance", so I think that this will definitely be her rawest and most personal work to date. The album photoshoot makes a lot of sense. It's an invitation to her most private place - her bedroom (my bedroom is a sacred place now), - where she can express herself freely. Didn't she call the album "conversational" back in May? The title itself initiates a conversation with the listener, and its strong visual metaphor implies that this will be a deep exploration of her inner thoughts. The oversaturated photos of flowers, ocean waves and industrial spaces create a rather unhinged and ambivalent atmosphere as if everything has been contaminated through a dreamlike (or even nightmarish) vision. Even the covers for the mint and light pink vinyl variants toy with this artificial aspect - the clash between reality and fiction - with the colour Neil added to Lana's clothes/eyes etc. It all feels very intentional and carefully thought-out, I think. 

5 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

BOZ said that it's her most confessional and vulnerable album to date. He also described it as "the diary of a lost girl looking for guidance", so I think that this will definitely be her rawest and most personal work to date. The album photoshoot makes a lot of sense. It's an invitation to her most private place - her bedroom (my bedroom is a sacred place now), - where she can express herself freely. Didn't she call the album "conversational" back in May? The title itself initiates a conversation with the listener, and its strong visual metaphor implies that this will be a deep exploration of her inner thoughts. The oversaturated photos of flowers, ocean waves and industrial spaces create a rather unhinged and ambivalent atmosphere as if everything has been contaminated through a dreamlike (or even nightmarish) vision. Even the covers for the mint and light pink vinyl variants toy with this artificial aspect - the clash between reality and fiction - with the colour Neil added to Lana's clothes/eyes etc. It all feels very intentional and carefully thought-out, I think. 

this is such a quality post :wowcry:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123