Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, lilac heaven said:

WAIT… WHY DO I THINK YOURE ACTUALLY RIGHT 😭 i just realized that the melody in the long Fingertips snippet actually sounds like Betty Boop Boop LMFAO

if lana can use the melody from hangin' around in crazy for you, anything is possible! :oprah3:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

if lana can use the melody from hangin' around in crazy for you, anything is possible! :oprah3:

wait actually no i mixed up what the Dark City and Fingertips snippets sounded like in my head but it’s actually Dark City that i just realized uses the same melody as Betty Boop Boop at 0:35

She's sampling Hawaiian Tropic

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Me when Betty Boop Boop is a secret track hidden in the vinyl pressings of the album 

lana-del-rey-lana-del-rey-pandlr.gif

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

wait actually no i mixed up what the Dark City and Fingertips snippets sounded like in my head but it’s actually Dark City that i just realized uses the same melody as Betty Boop Boop at 0:35

okay no cause what the hell it’s not Dark City either… but i swear we had a snippet of an unreleased song that uses that same melody

11 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

so is this a genuine question or is he being cryptic about her sampling herself on the album… i can’t tell if it’s “Has Lana ever sampled her own song before? 😉” or if he is really just asking randomly lmao

Coming from him it must be a coded message, I'm sure he knows perfectly well that Lana has already sampled herself. He probably means she did it again on this upcoming album.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

okay it’s gonna bother me for the rest of the day that i can’t remember the snippet of the song that i just realized does have the same melody as Betty Boop Boop but anyway manifesting a sample of Cruel World

WAIT NO I WAS RIGHT DARK CITY DOES HAVE THE SAME MELODY OF BETTY BOOP BOOP at 0:13 😭 this is probably common knowledge that i just missed the conversation on but that’s actually funny

21 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

SO WHAT SONG DO WE THINK SHES SAMPLING LADIES.

Dragonslayer :true:

Spoiler

:toofloppy:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I wonder if he means sample as in "literally picking something from another song and using it there" or more of an interpolation borrowing a melody (which would be more exciting in my opinion and she also does it a lot with her unreleased stuff).

And yes he's 100% dropping clues cause he knows well there are already clear examples (like the obvious HTD/WAH and FMWUTT/UV) :thumb3:

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

SO WHAT SONG DO WE THINK SHES SAMPLING LADIES.

Based on the credits it has to be something from NFR onwards or maybe an old laptop demo that doesn't have any cowriter attached :um2:

Cause even if it's subtle I'm sure Lana would credit the people that originally worked on the song 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Based on the credits it has to be something from NFR onwards or maybe an old laptop demo that doesn't have any cowriter attached :um2:

Cause even if it's subtle I'm sure Lana would credit the people that originally worked on the song 

If it is from post-LFL, I hope it's NFR intro strings or Cinnamon Girl outro:legend:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

38 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

so is this a genuine question or is he being cryptic about her sampling herself on the album… i can’t tell if it’s “Has Lana ever sampled her own song before? 😉” or if he is really just asking randomly lmao

I feel like the next single will sample an older song… And unless it’s been explained before, Eclipse was referencing, prior to the title track being released, that one of his first posts here was the lyrics to HBTB… and it’s the last post on her official account : a reference to HBTB.  
edit: the long-ass acronym song has a Maritime reference and hints at some things she wants to say to critics. And HBTB is well very much maritime (duh) and is, in parts, about paparazzi…

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861ehlw9dpwi6fg2vqrq