Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

44 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

thanks also! yeah it’s def a very raw stream of consciousness track so I get what you mean about the lyrics. as always, over time with more & more listens, different ideas come to the mind  - I have my initial thoughts but i wouldn’t be surprised if i am way off or have different ideas a few months down the road. 

Cheers! 

Cheers!

16 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

and the lyrics are still wrong on spotify :air:

oh my fucking god i hate her team fr

10 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

She's really winning this era :true:

The Ocean Blvd audio on YouTube already has more views than the Blue Banisters title track music video :toofunny:

Oh wow…

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Does anyone else think that Lana is talking about herself when she sings about someone’s mom calling in the Jimmy part of A&W? I was just looking at the lyrics again and I noticed she followed the “Your mom called, I told her, you're fuckin' up big time” line with “But I don't care, baby, I already lost my mind” line. In this line, she’s using the first person pronoun so does that mean she’s referring to herself? Is it Jimmy telling her that her mother called and he was telling her that Lana is fucking up, I’m assuming her life, reputation, maybe career? I mean it would make sense because she’s referencing her estranged relationship with her mother in the beginning. 

Also, does anyone remember that interview she did years ago when she was asked about her parents’ reactions to that line in Cola and she said her father thought it was funny while her mother was upset about it?

I remember someone saying that this album sonic landscape was going to be samples, in contraposition of COTCC being mostly accoustic guitar and folk sounds and BB having its place with piano ballads and soft rock sparks. We know she is sampling a bunch of artists but with A&W and the variety of sounds we already knew from previous songs of her, it is safe to say she will be reusing more melodies and details from previous works, and I am totally here for it

and also for giving me Margaret

8 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

We knew Patty was a certified hater when she didn’t think Cola was funny 

also i’m pretty sure there was another old, old interview where lana was talking about sounding proud about being a waitress and her mother said that she wasn’t a very good one. seems like she’s been putting her down for a while and it breaks my heart, but i could be projecting because of my own mommy issues 💀

1 hour ago, esotericfaerie said:

Does anyone else think that Lana is talking about herself when she sings about someone’s mom calling in the Jimmy part of A&W? I was just looking at the lyrics again and I noticed she followed the “Your mom called, I told her, you're fuckin' up big time” line with “But I don't care, baby, I already lost my mind” line. In this line, she’s using the first person pronoun so does that mean she’s referring to herself? Is it Jimmy telling her that her mother called and he was telling her that Lana is fucking up, I’m assuming her life, reputation, maybe career? I mean it would make sense because she’s referencing her estranged relationship with her mother in the beginning. 

Also, does anyone remember that interview she did years ago when she was asked about her parents’ reactions to that line in Cola and she said her father thought it was funny while her mother was upset about it?

Idk why but I also think she’s talking about herself.