Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

17 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

We're definitely alike in that way, TLM. A strong melody is what I'm always looking for, even if it's subtle, as in 'VFR,' and melodies, of course, can be a lot more subtle than that. 

In the last 5 years, I've realized that there are a lot of people who actually have no ear for melody whatsoever, and I mean that seriously. Though they're certainly not the majority. 

Yeah i'd much rather choose a song that sounds beautiful but has nothing to say than a song that has everything to say, but sounds bad 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

18 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

COTCC and BB were mostly about family and her struggles of being famous.

Ocean BLVD is definitely different but I hope that her next album will be more about world building. 
It’s unfortunately that she didn’t keep Honeymoon from Hell(it’s a track from Honeymoon but Jack remastered it)in that project but if her next album will sound something similar I have high hopes :typewriter:

Honeymoon from hell is A SONG ?

1 minute ago, AntiToxicPill said:

Honeymoon from hell is A SONG ?

No, that poster is full of it. They just want attention.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

22 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

It’s unfortunately that she didn’t keep Honeymoon from Hell(it’s a track from Honeymoon but Jack remastered it)in that project but if her next album will sound something similar I have high hopes :typewriter:

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, 111 said:

rocockfeller...

is candy necklace "massive" as the other girls say 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

No, that poster is full of it. They just want attention.

NOO :horror: It’s a real song,it was remastered with Jack and it’s from Honeymoon era :poordat: I DONT WANNA ATTENTION :lanasrs:

I only know about that song because people on Twitter we’re talking about it.

14 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Yeah i'd much rather choose a song that sounds beautiful but has nothing to say than a song that has everything to say, but sounds bad 

I love good lyrics, but full agree, they're secondary to the music, always.

That's why so few memorable songs came out of the folk revival era of the late 50s and early 60s, because the songwriters often seemed to believe that virtuous lyrics that take a noble political stance make a great song, but that's far from the truth. 

I have an older friend who always runs to the computer to check the lyrics of a new song, or a song new to him, to see how brilliant the lyrics are, but I try to show him how that's often useless. A great example, to me, is R.E.M.'s 'All The Way To Reno,' which is such a vital, driving, and fun song, but the lyrics only say, to paraphrase, "you're on the way to Reno, and all the way to Reno, you're a star," suggesting that when they actually arrive, the person will not be a star, or find themselves to be a star, but they are a star--in their own mind--"all the way to Reno." And that's the whole point of the song, only that, and, to me, it's brilliantly made, but my friend is always looking for lyrical depth and 'greatness,' and coming up short.  

4 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

NOO :horror: It’s a real song,it was remastered with Jack and it’s from Honeymoon era :poordat: I DONT WANNA ATTENTION :lanasrs:

I only know about that song because people on Twitter we’re talking about it.

we're tired

stan-twitter-kinkytwt.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e