Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

34 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Imagine having to wait 2 weeks omg :trisha: that sure would be the end of the world… girl Bffr why wish it to leak Lana asked ppl not to listen and Ik it’s hard but it’s two weeks. I know I’m not one to say anything I’ve listened to the grants but let’s be for real rn complaining about not being able to listen to an album when it’s not even released hoping for it to leak it’s getting old now let’s just be happy and excited that it’s coming in literally two weeks :awk: 
rant over ❤️

:true: and let's also enjoy all of the delusion and speculation of the pre-release while we still can (even though ik it can get very frustrating and boring at times). at the end of the day there are only less than two weeks left :defeated:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

7 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

radio play?

When has Lana cared about that in the past ten years?

lana herself always said that it is about the art. she is making art for the art. she is not a businesswoman, she is an artist. her own direction always proved itself right. literally in one of the replies that user was talking about how bb charted in 6th or smth when lana herself recently revealed that she didn't want anyone to hear that album so she didn't promote it. im pretty sure those picsart covers were a part of the plan too. she wanted that album to be there in case someone wants to get info about certain stuff. like it is really getting annoying and offputting at this point

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

2 hours ago, Im a ghost now said:

Hide contents

I don't recall any songs by Lana that sound like it, because it has a gospel choir, it sounds very 90s diva if you ask me. So maybe this comparison I'm making is a stretch, but the instrumental alone could be from a Honeymoon outtake - piano, organ, strings and synths

You're spot on in that The Grants might be her most '90s pop diva sounding ballad so far in a way. She'd probably hate us for saying that, but... I actually love it, haha.

10 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Can’t wait for your review bestie!!! :party:

I couldn’t find a link so I gave up.. that site just returned zero results when I searched :deadbanana:

Spoiler

This isn’t me asking for a link mods!!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

22 minutes ago, barttttender said:

ever head of the saying "it takes a village?" That's why artists have managers, pr agencies, etc - to pull them back to reality. Look, i'm not dissing the grants. But we all know it's more of a single number 5 (if a single at all), and not album realise time worthy. The point of a single in the first place was radio play, which the grants has no chance of getting.

I know what you're saying, but the point for Lana may not be radio play. I think she knows exactly what she's doing. She chose to not really promote BB and seemed to want those songs out for other reasons that didn't involve the charts. She's capable of taking her music and career wherever she wants it to go, it's her story, not Ben and Eds.

1 hour ago, margaret soty said:

not The Grants slander :air:

Hide contents

The Grants doesn't even directly cover her family's issues, she doesn't mention anyone in her family (in Fingertips, for example, she mentions names)... The song is very cute and anyone could relate.

Yeah... it actually seems like the first verse is addressing Sean (assuming due to proximity to title track)... the chorus is general - death/memories,  the second verse addressing tackling her mental health for the sake of her family/future, and then her family by the end of the song.

3 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

Any theories on the “T-“ that people are talking on twitter?

Neil is just saying the final countdown to the album has begun

1 minute ago, LanaCharts said:

Interscope delayed the album because of Morgan’s new album, not Miley’s (he’s blocking both anyway, he has the locals on his side

and Lana :pout:

qfrWuBl.png

People complaining about Lana releasing a song they’ve already heard…You mean, you chose to listen to the leaks and now that you’ve ruined the anticipation for yourselves, this is how you gonna cry?

IJBOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8Qg234E.gif

...why are we suddenly discussing whether The Gramts is a good single choice when all her singles for the past 5 years have been terrible choices with no chance of getting airplay. Why are we acting as if this is a novel thing

image.png

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

...why are we suddenly discussing whether The Gramts is a good single choice when all her singles for the past 5 years have been terrible choices with no chance of getting airplay. Why are we acting as if this is a novel thing

Venice bitch being a single kinda confirmed she doesn not give a fuckkk

14 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

I couldn’t find a link so I gave up.. that site just returned zero results when I searched :deadbanana:

Reveal hidden contents

This isn’t me asking for a link mods!!

I found it and she’s cute she’s cute but ima need a minute to sit with her. 

Spoiler

also whoever teased the mind of you with me lyric when she’s clearly singing mine of you with me.. 

1 minute ago, Sweet said:

People complaining about Lana releasing a song they’ve already heard…You mean, you chose to listen to the leaks and now that you’ve ruined the anticipation for yourselves, this is how you gonna cry?

IJBOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, that's why I was bummed when songs started leaking bc we'd all be so excited right now if leakers hadn't spoiled it AND some didn't choose to burn themselves out on it. I mean, just stop listening to the song until Tuesday? lol. 

Regardless, it's still a gorgeous opener to the album, and I have a feeling casual listeners will really enjoy it.