Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

personally i’m waiting. i’ve always said i would listen to it if it leaked early but i don’t feel desperate anymore now that it’s a week away. im gonna have to log out of lanaboards because obviously this is all that’s gonna be talked about :deadbanana: 

ok i lied :godlaugh2: i caved in and listened to fishtail and peppers because it was eating me alive to not hear anything.

Spoiler

i loved both!! peppers a lil more than fishtail because the instrumental is so good. so far i haven’t heard a single song from ocean blvd that i dislike :wub:

i feel like people here are setting themselves up. they have a certain idea of what these songs  sound like and then disappoint themselves when it doesn’t live up to their expectations. the best way to listen to this album is with no preconceptions, just go into it blind and go with the flow. this album is very experimental and unpolished, don’t expect traditional bops or traditional structures or clear vocals or anything like that. like damn some of the negative comments turned me off :wtf: but i know this will be a top tier album regardless. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Spoiler

Very cold take but Grandfather is probably my least favourite so far - I just feel like it ends super abruptly, perhaps it's something I have to get used to. It is beautiful, but probably the most uninteresting of the tracks.

:pft:

Spoiler

tbh it seems like the leaked version of the album is unmastered version or something.  sounds v fuzzy, not quite HQ. judging by the crispness of released singles, i think it may just be that the intentional fuzziness of like part 1 of A&W doesnt sound right with the quality this leakd in. v excited to hear the official release, will probably shelve this zip for now so i can enjoy fully a week from now

31 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

Hide contents

I definitely prefer Candy Necklace to the scrapped song and I believe she made a good decision.

Spoiler

Oh from this sentence alone I just KNOW candy necklace is boring…we lost