Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, brooklyn bitch said:
  Hide contents

Ugh so I went down such a rabbit hole dissecting the lyrics of Fingertips since it’s so revealing and offers so much insight into Lana’s past:

1.) Her Uncle Dave died on July 21, 2016 while rock climbing in the Rocky Mountains (a U.S. National park), which is in Colorado. Lana was in Monaco during this time and even did exclusive shows for rich ppl (Leonardo DiCaprio). Dave liked to go fishing in Rhode Island where he spent time in. This also explains why in The Grants, she references “Rocky Mountain High” by John Denver, a song that is Colorado’s “unofficial official” state song. This makes The Grants also about her Uncle.  So when he passed, she was on tour during that time, and it’s heartbreaking to see photos of her during that week, since she’s still playing up being the “serene queen” and smiling for everyone, when obviously this death meant a great deal to her. I wonder if she even got to go to the funeral being on tour and all during that time.

2.) Aaron Greene was potentially an old bf of Lana’s when she was a teen. He tragically passed away in 2007 in a car accident.

3.)  I believe the lyrics regarding the neighbors and the “drive-by”, really is talking about how the neighbors drove by the beach and found Lana in the water drowning and pulled her out the water, potentially her revealing that this may have been in fact, a suicide attempt. (Just a theory though). If it was a suicide attempt, it really reveals why the ocean and blue carry such heavy meaning in her music.

4.) and of course, she references her mother in an unpleasant way, with anger for how she sent Lana off to boarding school instead of actually bothering to interact with whatever Lana was going through head on. Instead having someone else take the responsibility, and possibly trying to send her off to an institution? This is familiar to WW lyrics, “with lithium came poetry”. We know poetry was something Lana became aware of from her high school English teacher. 

anyways I’m shocked by how open Lana is being on this song and it really seems like this will be the first album where no one will question if it’s all just a persona….this is Lizzy..returning to Lake Placid going headfirst to her demons….

Good there’s so much more lyrical analysis that can be done just from Fingertips…I feel like it might be the heart of the album that connects to the other songs on the album

2 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Good there’s so much more lyrical analysis that can be done just from Fingertips…I feel like it might be the heart of the album that connects to the other songs on the album

Spoiler

no. 3 needs some explaining wtf when did she almost drown what.. :paris:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

3 minutes ago, Ebola said:
  Hide contents

the lyrics to fingertips are so beautiful :eartha: but the fact that she made it into a wordy, trailing, hard-to-follow song instead of a poem especially with terrible boring drew erickson production ruins the entire thing...

Spoiler

Everything you listed as a negative is what makes it a unique and strangely beautiful song to me i had chills listening to it. It feels like you are listening to her deepest intrusive thoughts definitely not a song a lot of people are going to get but if you get it YOU GET IT.

Just now, Enco said:
  Hide contents

Everything you listed as a negative is what makes it a unique and strangely beautiful song to me i had chills listening to it. It feels like you are listening to her deepest intrusive thoughts definitely not a song a lot of people are going to get but if you get it YOU GET IT.

:true: real

I don't plan on listening to the leaks unless the whole album is out in good quality, but I have a question regarding the Taco Truck comments:

Spoiler

I expected it to have some beats since it comes right after Peppers, but I thought it would be more of a Neo-Soul or R&B type of thing. Now that we have some of the lyrics I NEED to know if it's actual hip hop and not just inspired by it:twirls:spoil me please

5 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

She actually spent a couple months with a host family in Spain during high school if I remember correctly.

yeah this!! she also mentioned having a lot of spanish speaking friends

& idk if someone has said this before but there was a video of her speaking spanish with a fan i believe before her speech so of course the accent probably stuck? tbh i don't even hear it but it's not uncommon for people to pick up accents based on who they're speaking to or spending a lot of time with & it seems like lana has spent a lot of time around spanish people throughout her life in general and she seems to speak it pretty well herself.. i don't find this problematic in the least but i'm sure people are still gonna find a way to be upset 

26nuYZm.png

I love what SZA is doing, I wasn't that much into her music until she released SOS, but I honestly hope for Lana to win AOTY and any other category where she truly deserves it too. 

She's very popular this year unlike 2019, I would say she's more popular than when she released Norman. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

not the slander to Fingertips :air:

they're just jealous, what else is new :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, latinataco said:
  Hide contents

if fingertips doesn't win her a Grammy they're over over to me this song is her magnum opus

nah they've been over since NFR! was snubbed. that was literally so criminal of them

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

Fingertips is easily her rawest, darkest, most personal song. No one can really tell me otherwise. That track was from the depths of the heart.

Spoiler

up there with west coast :true:

Spoiler

Fingertips was always going to be controversial and divisive but it is objectively a brave and fascinating work of art. Not saying everyone has to like it as a song since it's obviously untraditional and challenging but it does deserve appreciation for doing something new regardless of how you feel about it. I personally think it's a gamechanger in terms of how she's approaching her art and what she is capable of. This album is going to be a full blown theatrical experience. 

:lange:

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

Fingertips is easily her rawest, darkest, most personal song. No one can really tell me otherwise. That track was from the depths of the heart.

I predicted something very special at the start from Kintsugi and Fingertips. Now we await to plunge into the depths of the former

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.