Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Maybe because it's not ill-intended and she has absolutely artistic freedom? :flop: Lana already stated that if her contract wasn't as permissive she wouldn't be in the game.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions tbh

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:
  Hide contents

true i just wish she didn't use the word "regrettably" 😭😭😭 

Spoiler

well that's the part that makes more sense to me though, she's acknowledging her privileges 

I was stressed about that line last night because of all her past controversies, but upon resting, waking up, and working out, I’ve decided it doesn’t sound as bad as it did when I was high in bed. Critical acclaim no longer cancelled! :slayty:

The grandaddy lyric is cringe to be honest. Like it’s just a bad lyric. I understand what she means and even for the gp I don’t think it’s going to be that controversial. But she could have chosen something more poetic to express her feelings 

That Grandfather lyric is way less problematic than the BLM one in Text Book which delved into near instrumentalization of a civil rights movement altogether.

This one is far more ambiguous and could mean different things. I’m choosing to interpret it in the most positive light specially because of the line that comes right after.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

WHAT LYRIC?:trisha:

Spoiler

I'm folk, I'm jazz, I'm blue, I'm green

Regrettably also a white woman

But I have good intentions

Even if I'm one of the last ones 

If you don't believe me, read my poetry

And my melodies, feel it in your bones

Honestly I hope some of the lyricism does get panned- she needs a wake-up call that some of her projects should be worked on more critically in regards to writing and this trend started with the over praising of the “f*cked me so good lyric”. The Lanita line in particular is just cringe-everyone in her camp are yes men.

I mean not that it's some litmus test but notice how even BoZ said Grandfather was one of his highlights on the album, no mention of a problematic lyric  :prettyhurts:

I think we're overanalyzing as per usual 

4 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i’ve been 1 day sober from leaks so someone pls confirm or deny this

Spoiler

People say that she does that but I honestly dont heard it. Maybe I’m unfamiliar with the american concept of latin accent