Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

21 minutes ago, 111 said:

everyone writing essays comparing and you flat out saying NO! :lmao:

ocean blvd > the nepos

but that's okay, everything on this album is a 4.5 and above out of 5 except the boring cuntsugi 

Not The Nepos! :lmao:

Spoiler

So far, most of what I heard from this album was 2/5. It might end up being my least favourite. I really didn’t think she would be capable of making an album I would enjoy even less than BB but here we are. Hopefully this is a closing chapter to the Jack Antonoff collab series.

it doesn't matter what anyone thinks is or isn't a good single choice. the aongs lana releases as singles aren't the ones she thinks will top the charts or bring in flocks of new fans. she releases the songs she wants to be known for by the general public. the people who don't listen to her albums will only know the songs she releases as singles so she seems most focused on the songs that will show off her writing skills and values and even the energy she wanta to put out into the world. like i love taylor swift but i find it disappointing that she usually releases the songs that will become major earworms as singles bc yeah she tops the charts and everyone gets her songs stuck in their heads but so many people don't know how great of a songwriter she is bc she doesn't release those types of songs as singles. but then lana releases stuff like hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it as singles despite songs like that clearly not being designed to top charts or bring in new fans. so the grants will be a good single choice in the way that it will be the type of song that lana wants to be known for and that's why she's releasing it as a single

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

:crossed:

:kiss2:

Just now, DZKSLEFTNUT said:

I wonder why Kintsugi is so hated… it’s the track im most excited for.

girl don't set yourself up for disappointment like that... 

1 minute ago, wilting daisy said:

it doesn't matter what anyone thinks is or isn't a good single choice. the aongs lana releases as singles aren't the ones she thinks will top the charts or bring in flocks of new fans. she releases the songs she wants to be known for by the general public. the people who don't listen to her albums will only know the songs she releases as singles so she seems most focused on the songs that will show off her writing skills and values and even the energy she wanta to put out into the world. like i love taylor swift but i find it disappointing that she usually releases the songs that will become major earworms as singles bc yeah she tops the charts and everyone gets her songs stuck in their heads but so many people don't know how great of a songwriter she is bc she doesn't release those types of songs as singles. but then lana releases stuff like hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it as singles despite songs like that clearly not being designed to top charts or bring in new fans. so the grants will be a good single choice in the way that it will be the type of song that lana wants to be known for and that's why she's releasing it as a single

No 1 curr about singles but

Spoiler

I was just hoping to hear something more upbeat and not another poem-turned-song.

These snoozefests can easily be saved for when the album is out. Why scare off potential listeners like that? Especially after A&W was so well received?

3 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

PERIOD :karaoke:

Spoiler

The 'hook' of 'Do you think about..heaven?' is magnificent, and just what I look for and expect from Lana, and find among few if any other artists today. 

POV: it's 1PM EST. BBC Radio 1’s Hottest Record has just started. You tune in and the first thing you hear is a delicate piano, followed by

Spoiler

Rockerfeller, my umbreller, god I love you

Bayyyyybieeeeee 

:karaoke:

the world collapses

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

The 'hook' of 'Do you think about..heaven?' is magnificent, and just what I look for and expect from Lana, and find among few if any other artists today. 

Spoiler

It’s so catchy and I can’t stop thinking about it, I sing it randomly every day :clapback:

4 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Let’s stop taking about Bozo :awk:

In this house we only can praise King aka Kintsugi living legend :usrs:

Speaking of kintsugi WHERE IS HE

2 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

POV: it's 1PM EST. BBC Radio 1’s Hottest Record has just started. You tune in and the first thing you hear is a delicate piano, followed by

Hide contents

Graaaaandfather please standdddd on the shoulders of myyyyyy father while he's.... deep.... seaaaaa... fishiiiiiiing oooooh

[i have no idea how this song goes]

:karaoke:

the world collapses

How do some people still not understand that Lana doesn't care about "potential listeners" who use words like "snoozefest" or "flop" to describe masterpieces like Fingertips :scoff:

That's not to say she won't still release a bop because she clearly will on this album, but it couldn't be more obvious that her priorities are not attracting the top 40 crowd.

As Jack mentioned in the Rolling Stone article: “She’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. She created all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.”

2 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

No 1 curr about singles but

Hide contents

I was just hoping to hear something more upbeat and not another poem-turned-song.

These snoozefests can easily be saved for when the album is out. Why scare off potential listeners like that? Especially after A&W was so well received?

What’s the difference if she only released upbeat singles, and then the casual listeners who become interested in listening to the whole album become disappointed about the “”””””snoozefests”””” (:wtf3:) and then never listen again lol. Singles choice doesn’t matter when it comes to her. If it’s a good album then it’s a good album, people can figure that out on their own. 

Just now, Veinsineon said:

The way Sweet is the silent underdog of this era already :bebe: it’s my fav of the l*aks tbh..

And that good ! :clapback: 

If you like you like it

Spoiler

and If you don’t like it well…:thumb3: