Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, nectarofthegodss said:

Hide contents

For people who listened to the leak, is The Grants better than Ocean Blvd? (as a song)

Spoiler

The instrumental is fuller on TG, but lyrically Ocean Blvd is stronger in the sense that there are more lyrics to Ocean Blvd. But they're both very sensitive, emotional songs

2 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Hide contents

For people who listened to the leak, is The Grants better than Ocean Blvd? (as a song)

Spoiler

In my opinion, yes. They’re quite similar in a way, building up towards the end, but it’s a bit more interesting in structure, I would say.

and even though some don’t like the way it starts, I think that that’s exactly what makes it so special. You’ll see.

45 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

My last post before I force myself to get back to work...

of the songs I've heard, here's my colour associations:

the grants - earthy browns, autumn leaves and deep ocean-blues that turn into a lighter sky-blue as the song progresses

ocean blvd - ivory white and dirty, stained porcelain over dark blues, with a few tiny bits of neon blue when the piano dances over verse 2

sweet - earthy browns, autumn leaves and deep forest greens, occasional yellow like her shirt in the Arcadia video

a&w - faded sepia tones, almost black and white, and when the beat switches it goes dirty gun-metal, oil, smoke, petrol and electric blues

fingertips - all very light baby-pink, baby-yellow, baby-blue and lots of smoky grey over everything.

ok now do yours, bye

The Grants - white, black, grey 

Ocean Blvd - dark blue, silver, gold

Sweet - light grey, white, pale yellow 

A&W - black, grey

Fingertips - grey, light blue + green

Grandfather - blue + silver

1 minute ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

For me it is! I don't like her voice in ocean boulevard some parts are a bit raw but the grants is perfect for me although I thinke it's production is not richer than ocean boulevard

5 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Can’t wait for the Spotify numbers for “The Grants” because the criminals keep preaching leaks don’t affect sales and streams. I would like to be proven wrong :nails:.

I hope it debuts with 200k streams in 24 hours so Lorde stans could somehow find your Twitter account to laugh at you. :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

No

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

bb singles were perfect sorry :oprah3:

BB is maybe my favourite album by her, but dont think the singles choice was the best possible.

IMO, they should have been title track, Dealer and Thunder.

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

No

everyone writing essays comparing and you flat out saying NO! :lmao:

ocean blvd > the nepos

but that's okay, everything on this album is a 4.5 and above out of 5 except the boring cuntsugi 

6 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Hide contents

I personally think they’re on the same level. I like the vocals and lyrics of The Grants more, but I like the structure, production, and buildup of DYK more. Both great songs.

7 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Can’t wait for the Spotify numbers for “The Grants” because the criminals keep preaching leaks don’t affect sales and streams. I would like to be proven wrong :nails:.

The majority of leak listeners are really people on here and Reddit. Even then, not all of them listen to the leaks. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, 111 said:

ocean blvd > the nepos

but that's okay, everything on this album is a 4.5 and above out of 5 except the boring cuntsugi 

:eartha:

Candy Necklace a 4.5 or above confirmed :oprah4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, 111 said:

ocean blvd > the nepos

Now tell us about Candy Necklace :nails:

or Rosemead ghost will haunt you 

2 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Idk why y’all are bitching about the grants being the single, you all was eating that up a few days ago :yawn:

personally I think it takes away from the listening experience to have access to an opener/closer before an album. It like spoils the ending/beginning of a movie..

The Grants is

Spoiler

a grower. Listened to it when the few untagged songs leaked and was like ehhhh uhh no thank you. Loved Sweet immediately.  Cried at fingertips and became obsessed the second time I listened.  Didn't listen to the Grants again till yall figured out it was new single, and then I loved it and think it's beautiful.  But the intro still throws me off.  I may be allergic to gospel, but it's just like, not really fitting for the rest of the song to me and I wish it started with instrumental or Lana, still love the song