Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Yup. It needed more contrast in terms of the music and vocals, even if low key. ‘Hope’ was low key, but also full of musical contrasts. And the production was crisper and clearer. 

Cut the cameras to Lana saying she doesn't make song for her fans but for herself :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Spoiler

Do you want children?

Do you wanna marry me?

:toofunny:

Hi, it’s pouring. Lana has a new song out today. She hopes you like it. It’s called “The Grants”. :kiss3:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

This thread the most calm and peaceful it's been in two weeks..see what happens when you don't pepper your opinions about music with ad hominem attacks like "people who like these piano ballads are in a cult" or "people who don't like this style are negative cows" or "I don't know what's wrong with you if you like/dislike x, y, z" or "3 piano ballad fans on here" to rile people up and just stick to the music? 

power-influence.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Did we ever find out what the surprise was BOZ was talking about?

also, what’s up with Yea to Heaven..I saw people talking about it..is it coming out too?

sorry if these have been addressed already. I’m a little behind! 

Just now, MJA said:

Did we ever find out what the surprise was BOZ was talking about?

also, what’s up with Yea to Heaven..I saw people talking about it..is it coming out too?

sorry if these have been addressed already. I’m a little behind! 

If we’re lucky, no

pskiQfS.jpeg

Just now, Fingertips said:

This thread the most calm and peaceful it's been in two weeks..see what happens when you don't pepper your opinions about music with ad hominem attacks like "people who like these piano ballads are in a cult" or "people who don't like this style are negative cows" or "I don't know what's wrong with you if you like/dislike x, y, z" or "3 piano ballad fans on here" to rile people up and just stick to the music? 

power-influence.gif

absolutely agree but the examples are taking me out :blush:

I find The Grants to have a beautiful and meticulous instrumentation, and the lyrics are beautiful, yet very personal as well, I wouldn't have changed anything about it honestly--but as an opener it's not quite hitting the note for me. It's a great song, but a whelming opener.

I find that it flows very well knowing the title track follows, so in that sense, the song's order is logical, but I like it when albums start with a bang. Knowing Lana has the habit of putting the title track on the first or second spot, makes things difficult cause the two tracks are a pair.

On a different note, I think the intro is cute and quirky. :smile3:

Only nine more days until we hear Taco Truck x VB, Fishtail, and Paris, Texas
 AKA the holy trinity of her discography :true:

pskiQfS.jpeg

no way i come back to LanaBoards after dinner and it is in perfect harmony??
The Grants really just needed a bit of time to settle down the universe ig :smile4:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I can see why some people wish the song was grander but I think the album will be big enough that it will make sense why she started it this way, she's going to be all over the map on this album and exploring some really heavy topics so it's really interesting that she starts things off in such a soothing and affirming way. I can't wait to hear how it all comes together :trisha:

Spoiler

I just listened to Sweet for the first time and i’m not mad i listened to it! I  loved the Wait For Life reference! It was cute!!! This song prob won’t stick out to me from the rest of the album 

:flutter:

excited for Grandpa tho!!!

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

18 minutes ago, Bare Feet Under Blue Sky said:

Having a real; 'look how much we've all grown and how far we've come since BTD' moment right now. I can't wait for this album :wub:

i was 16 when she was rapping about daddy and heart shaped sunglasses and now i'm almost 30 and she's singing about healing and karmic lineages and

Spoiler

telomeres 

and taco trucks too i guess :omfg2: and it really feels like i've have grown up with lana and i just appreciate her and her work so much :wub:

Just now, DCooper said:

I can see why some people wish the song was grander but I think the album will be big enough that it will make sense why she started it this way, she's going to be all over the map on this album and exploring some really heavy topics so it's really interesting that she starts things off in such a soothing and affirming way. I can't wait to hear how it all comes together :trisha:

I totally agree and I think it was a perfect transition from her last era into this new one 

What do you all think the first music video is gonna be? Shocked she hasn't dropped one yet. What if she doesn't do any music videos 😭

Also, since she's been getting booked for all these festivals aka returning to the stage, I really hope that means she's gonna drop a headlining tour shortly after the album release! I have yet to see her live, the only time I almost got to see her was The Endless Summer tour with Courtney Love, Courtney was over an hour late to her set, then Lana NEVER came on stage. Biggest heartbreak of my life. Some man announced on the speakers that Lana would not be performing due to dangerous weather and the weather was FINE, not even cloudy. Then immediately, security and venue staff rushed everyone out of the stadium. It was very sus and chaotic...

♡ Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels ♡

I love how a lot of people are doing the 1 album a day thing until release but I literally just now listened to all of BTD and COCC while crying over a boy lmao 

I praise the lordt every day for this woman’s discography ❀

The Grants is 100% a grower on anyone who doubts it. Once you give the track it’s deserved time you can appreciate how beautiful it is. Kintsugi was right Weddings! Funerals!