Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

The only interesting song besides the singles is fishtail and it’s a TJF knockoff anyway 

grandfather is cute but it’s nothing we haven’t heard before from her

idk maybe I need to take a week off and try again with a fresh mind when it releases officially 

34 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Cuz theyre so full of themselves that they cant admit it:oprah3:

The only two I assume could have heard it are BoZ and Eclipse. The others don’t seem to be as « resourceful »… 

By the way, if BoZ is blonde and gone, the next albums will have so pretty pretty dry pre-releases :thumb3:

Just now, burthday kake said:

wow… i just got fired from my job LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOimkindasadbutalsofuckit 

thank god this shit leaked today ngl :trisha: otherwise i might have jimmy coco puffed myself.

I am so so sorry babe :crai: 

Spoiler

would you say taco truck and vb go well together? like does the transition make sense or do the two parts feel like to completely different songs(vibes) mashed together?

Spoiler

I need time with some tracks but one thing I don't understand at all is why we needed VB there? Maybe it actually would be cute with TT to VB proportions being 2 to 1. But only one amazing TT chorus and 3 minutes of VB remix. I-...

And to end whole album with it too.

5 minutes ago, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

The only interesting song besides the singles is fishtail and it’s a TJF knockoff anyway 

grandfather is cute but it’s nothing we haven’t heard before from her

idk maybe I need to take a week off and try again with a fresh mind when it releases officially 

Leaks in HQ are of course better than LQ, but this album seems to be made for Dolby Atmos. Im not a big fan of Dolby Atmos, but the three singles sound was better with a pair of good headphones. Not saying it’s going to be magical and will make us love all the tracks because of it, but I think it will help get into that intimate atmosphere of the album, with subtle production elements. 

9 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Hide contents

Piano ballads on this album are boring asf and we all know it’s possible to make a good piano ballad she’s just lazy lmfao and on top of it these “bops” sound like they were made in GarageBand :azealia: this album is so random as a whole istg

For me she cant do anything worse than Love song, happiness, lmlylaw and all those cringe piano songs. And ill eat up every bop:true: But we will see

Spoiler

I really do love how self referential this album is. So many of the songs mention or use same lyrics from others. While sonically the album may be a little all over the place I think she pulls everything together nicely and the lyrics/references really help that. As someone said critics will probably like that.

Okay so I just listened to Margaret for the 1st time. It is a cute song but not top tier for me. I see a lot of yall praising it but just doesn't click for me as one of the best tracks on the album. It is a very Lana Taylor song. It def reminds me of Taylor in so many parts but with Lana's own edge and uniqueness. Jack's voice is interesting, it is a little off-putting but I wouldn't say bad. Just sounds like trying a bit much. I do love the speaking parts that Lana does. Idk it is cute but a little cheesy and cringe too lol.

Fishtail still top tier for me idc lol.

Also was just thinking how Boz had mentioned Grandfather being her addressing past criticisms. Yes, I see it but not as much as he leaned into it. Other tracks on the album really speak to that to me. Like AW and Taco Truck. There is actually a lot of those moments peppered in the album. 

I'll get a ranking put together later lol. 

Either way definitely one of her top albums, her output and talent is just unmatched honestly. 

I'm all over the place I know, just sharing some thoughts lol. 

4 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I was delusional for hoping it wouldn’t leak for once :lange:

I was starting to think it also. But we’ve got to take the win (Lana and her team as well): in an era of albums leaking A MONTH before release, with her laptop have been stolen THIS SUMMER, with her post suggesting it could leak since OCTOBER, it’s almost odd-defying it leaked only a week before official release :oprah2:

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Leaks in HQ are of course better than LQ, but this album seems to be made for Dolby Atmos. Im not a big fan of Dolby Atmos, but the three singles sound was better with a pair of good headphones. Not saying it’s going to be magical and will make us love all the tracks because of it, but I think it will help get into that intimate atmosphere of the album, with subtle production elements. 

Dolby atmos isn’t something artists thinking of when making albums. It’s an extra option for streaming services and in reality it’s just random mixing to make some background noises stand up more… and i don’t think it’s even something artists hear themselves, they have no saying in making these mixes