Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 hours ago, living legend said:
Spoiler

that is what a lot of you are failing to understand 

fingertips is a poem. and it’s easily the most raw she’s ever been. putting out this track must’ve felt like therapy to her - being able to finally just let things be put out there and take a giant exhale

the girls that get it, get it 

Spoiler

I don’t think anyone is failing to understand that. The song definitely carries a lot of meaning but it shouldn’t have been a song on an album imo. At least not in this shape or form. It easily could have been restructured into a wonderful piece of music but the way it is right now? Easily interlude material…

Edited by fishtails
Added spoilers

1 minute ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

It changes all the time but today I would say:

1. Ultraviolence

2. Paradise

3. Born to Die

4. Lust for Life

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell

6. Honeymoon

7. Ocean Blvd

8. Chemtrails

9. Blue Banisters

I mean I definitely appreciate it from a lyrical standpoint but when I listen to music, I always pay attention to melody and production first and then lyrics. The song's production and the "non-existent" melody are what throw me off cause it isn’t particularly intriguing imo. But that really just boils down to subjectivity. Some people care more about lyrics…

My ranking on the bottom is the same. Ob is better than cocc/bb but worster than the Rest of her albums

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

6 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:
Spoiler

I don’t think anyone is failing to understand that. The song definitely carries a lot of meaning but it shouldn’t have been a song on an album imo. At least not in this shape or form. It easily could have been restructured into a wonderful piece of music but the way it is right now? Easily interlude material…

Well luckily, Fingertips IS a wonderful piece of music :kiss3:

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler to quoted text

Just now, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Singing over a piece of music with seemingly no rhythmic or melodic connection. Stream of consciousness/thoughts type of songs…

Oh you were talking about Fingertips. I haven't heard it.

6 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

is it going to be a track that gets played frequently? probably not because it is more like a spoken word. but i just hate to see the comments of people shitting on fingertips completely especially given the material covered within the song

sure, say that you’re not a fan of the track. but to say it “doesn’t belong on the record” is just tasteless 

Edited by fishtails
Added spoilers

Spoiler

Ranking fuck it

1. Candy Necklace (its gonna be #1)

2. A&W

3. Fingertips

4. Ocean Blvd

5. Peppers

6. Paris, Texas

7. Taco Truck x VB

8. Let the Light In

9. The Grants

10. Fishtail

11. Margaret

12. Sweet

13. Grandfather

14. Kintsugi

15. John Batiste interlude

16. Judah Smith interlude

hard to rank the songs towards at the end of the ranking but im really confident in my top 7-10 for right now. Definitely my favorite LDR album so far!

1 minute ago, Obduration said:
  Hide contents

Ranking fuck it

1. Candy Necklace (its gonna be #1)

2. A&W

3. Fingertips

4. Ocean Blvd

5. Peppers

6. Paris, Texas

7. Taco Truck x VB

8. Let the Light In

9. The Grants

10. Fishtail

11. Margaret

12. Sweet

13. Grandfather

14. Kintsugi

15. John batiste interludes

16. Judah Smith interludes

hard to rank the songs towards at the end of the ranking but im really confident in my top 7-10 for right now. Definitely my favorite LDR album so far!

you are the first person i’ve seen rank grandfather low 👀

6 hours ago, living legend said:
Spoiler

is it going to a track that gets played frequently? probably not because it is more like a spoken word. but i just hate to see the comments of people just shitting on fingertips completely especially given the material covered within the song

sure, say that you’re not a fan of the track. but to say it “doesn’t belong on the record” is just tasteless 

I see where you’re coming from and I agree to a certain extent but this discussion is totally subjective.

In my opinion, the song wouldn’t get nearly as much shit if she scrapped it from the tracklist and saved it for a second poetry project.

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler to quoted text

I've listened to the album 5/6 times now, I'm confident this will be my official ranking. Candy Necklace will probably push #4 and #5 down one or just #5. I can't imagine my top three changing.

Spoiler

1. Fingertips

2. Kintsugi

3. Let the Light In

4. Fishtail

5. Grandfather...

6. Taco Truck x VB

7. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd?

8. A&W

9. Sweet

10. Peppers

11. The Grants

12. Margaret

13. Paris, Texas

14. JB Interlude

15. Judah Interlude

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.