Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips is hands down the worst song (released) she ever recorded and included on an album. 😴 I wanna like it but it really would have worked better as a poem. 

it really isnt on the hatecrime level like In My Feelings or Breaking Up Slowly, so nah

image.png

5 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

First impression ranking (might change):

Hide contents

I’m actually pleasantly surprised but could do without half of the album which I still feel is not particularly memorable. However, there are some extremely good moments on this album that have been missing on her last two albums.

1. A&W 10/10
  2. Taco Truck x VB 10/10
  3. Fishtail 9/10
  4. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing 9/10
  5. Peppers 8/10
  6. Margaret 8/10
  7. Paris, Texas 8/10
  8. Let The Light In 7/10
  9. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd 5/10
  10. The Grants 4/10
  11. Kintsugi 3/10
  12. Sweet 2/10
  13. Fingertips 1/10

Now i am interested in your album ranking?

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

6 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips is hands down the worst song (released) she ever recorded and included on an album. 😴 I wanna like it but it really would have worked better as a poem. 

Spoiler

If you consider it from a mental breakdown perspective where she’s in an asylum and mumbling about her broken past, it’s more interesting. Also, how can you hate the introspection and princess-sound of it? Really get into the orchestra, it’s a haunting track

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

5 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

:hype:FIRST IMPRESSION RATINGS:hype:

I had my first listen by the ocean on the beach earlier today and I'm so glad I did because it was such a special experience. So excited to get to know the album more. Here are my first impressions and rankings...

Reveal hidden contents

1. The Grants

A gorgeous track. A great intro and sets the tone for the record perfectly in my opinion. Love the backing girls and love the spoken/sung intro. The ending and vocals are heavenly and definitely a tear jerker for sure. I wish there was a second verse which would make the ending even more impactful in my opinion.

Rating - 9/10

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

A classic when it came out and still a classic to this day. Still sounds as fresh as ever and a welcome reinvigoration of her sound. Introspective and thoughtful lyrics with strong melodies and delicate production. Obsessed is an understatement.

Rating - 9.5/10

3. Sweet

Every single insider and fans who spoke down on my child sweet needs to record an apology video (WITH TEARS) right away. One of my favourite songs off the record, I think it's the grown up sister of Beautiful which I personally loved. Such a stunning track and she sounds amazing. The wait for life-esque chorus made me so emotional. The second verse is equally as mesmerising and the way she sings ' Do you want children? Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in Long Beach by the sea?' had me BAWLING!

Rating - 10/10

4. A&W

If I ever wanted 7 minutes to pass and feel like a minute then I would put this on and shut my eyes. This being a 2-parter is genius actually like the transition is the cleanest thing I've ever heard. I like the non traditional song structure in the first half and the personal lyrics. I think it's produced really well and it's an enjoyable listen. The second half is an instant classic and is so reminiscent of her earlier work which I've been wanting for so long. Honestly love love love. 

Rating - 9/10

5/6/7. Interludes + CN (Which we don't have lol)

I thought I would hate the interludes, but came to love them. I think the pastor interlude is creepy and striking, being placed in the album perfectly. I think the echo and guitar fit really well but again, could do with being a bit shorter.

The Jon interlude is great too, and think it sounds amazing. I love her vocals and the shout talking with the echoed production. I hope the song she's singing ends up being CN or another song we get as it sounds great. 

Regarding the CN snippet... anyways... moving on...

Rating - 7.9/10

8. Kintsugi

I wasn't sure how to feel going into this when reading @111's opinions on it (not that I let insider opinions sway me). I pressed play and fell in love with the piano. I think it's a great song, but I would happily shave 2 minutes off the song. I see what he means now and kinda wish it was a bit shorter. I think it's beautiful, but it does go on for a bit too long so I might find myself skipping it half way through. Minus that, it has a beautiful melody and I really like the structure. Apart from the sound of it, I think the lyrics are really really good and are of top tier quality as the whole album is.

Rating - 8/10

9. Fingertips

I purposely haven't spent much time with fingertips, and only listened to it twice. From my listens, It is a gorgeous track and I don't even notice the structure, or lack thereof. The person who described it as a 5 minute trauma dump is so right but I think it's an important track and deserves it's place on the track list. A standout track lyrically, I think she needed to get this out.

Rating - 8.5/10

10. Paris, Texas

Again, I haven't had much time to digest her, but from my first listen I think it's quite a nice track to relax to. I think she's cute, but need some more listens to full 'get' it.

Rating - 8/10

11. Grandfather...

Yeah an instant classic... I was apprehensive because of the title but this song is sososo good. My first listen was by the ocean and it made it a godly experience. I love the melody and the lyrics are really cute. The way she sings the butterfly lyric as well like okay!

Rating - 9/10

12. Let the Light In

After Buddy's Rendezvous I knew this would be great and I wasn't wrong. This is like the grown up version of Tomorrow Never Came, which I already love. I love how their vocals mesh together for the chorus and Lana's notes are so beautiful. I really enjoyed the lyrics and think the entire song is better than I expected.

Rating - 9/10

13. Margaret

At no point in my almost 23 years of existence did I think a song featuring Jack(off) would be one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time. URM HUH? Who the HELL expected that... This song is incredible. Like, amazing. Lana speaking at the end? Jacks almost incoherent singing (which I really enjoyed), and the general vibe of the song? ALL INCREDIBLE. Yeah this is a standout for sure. 

Rating - 10/10

14. Fishtail

I expected this to sound way different than it does, for good reasons. I really liked this one and thought the chorus fit well, even though it made me jump when it started lol. I like the 'bombastic' sound and I really hope she goes further in this direction. It reminds me of Tulsa Jesus Freak but a more intense version, which I really wished for TJF.

Rating - 9/10

15. Peppers

oh bvtch... yeah this is the best song of the decade. I cannot believe this exists in the Lana MultiVerse honestly it is an instant classic and it NEEDS to be sent to radio I love it so much. The lyrics, the instrumental, TOMMY? All LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Rating - 10/10

16. Taco Truck x VB

I'm a VB lover but I just feel like this song did not need to exist in the way it does. The beginning is stunning, and the non VB parts are insanely good, but I feel like the remix should be a standalone remixed version of VB alone, as it is a great remix. I think Taco Truck could've been a song, and then the VB part as a separate remix. That being said, the song is great, and a welcome addition as someone who adores The Trio. A great closer, and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Rating - 9/10

OVERALL ALBUM RATING: 9/10

Overall, this album is incredible, and I am so glad she is heading in this direction. She clearly has her spark and inspiration back and this album has dethroned Honeymoon as my second favourite Lana album.

Standouts: Sweet, Peppers, Let The Light In, Margaret 

:hair: WE LOVE YOU LANA DEL REY LANA DEL REY WE LOVE YOU :hair:

ratings haven’t changed upon second listen yup a timeless classic

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

it really isnt on the hatecrime level like In My Feelings or Breaking Up Slowly, so nah

In My Feelings is definitely one of my least faves from LFL but I could easily make it through that song. Listening to ********** more than two times was honestly hard to manage. Lyrically stunning but as a song? In terms of melody it goes absolutely nowhere. It reminds me a lot of a song that Björk would write and I can't stand her music either.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I just can’t stand her wordy/no consistent melody type of songs. They may do it for some people but they just ain’t doing it for me. :bebe:

This is the team I’m on:kiss:

Spoiler

that is what a lot of you are failing to understand 

fingertips is a poem. and it’s easily the most raw she’s ever been. putting out this track must’ve felt like therapy to her - being able to finally just let things be put out there and take a giant exhale

the girls that get it, get it 

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

7 minutes ago, rosemeadexclusivebbnewyorkcity said:
  Hide contents

just got a longer snippet of candy necklace omg 

me when i go to honeymoon ig, download the snippet, and then slow it down to make it a lil longer 😍

These opinions..I'm praying for you, Kathi :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

Now i am interested in your album ranking?

It changes all the time but today I would say:

1. Ultraviolence

2. Paradise

3. Born to Die

4. Lust for Life

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell

6. Honeymoon

7. Ocean Blvd

8. Chemtrails

9. Blue Banisters

4 minutes ago, tomxev said:

If you consider it from a mental breakdown perspective where she’s in an asylum and mumbling about her broken past, it’s more interesting. Also, how can you hate the introspection and princess-sound of it? Really get into the orchestra, it’s a haunting track

I mean I definitely appreciate it from a lyrical standpoint but when I listen to music, I always pay attention to melody and production first and then lyrics. The song's production and the "non-existent" melody are what throw me off cause it isn’t particularly intriguing imo. But that really just boils down to subjectivity. Some people care more about lyrics…

15 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Whoever got that record being the only person hearing Candy Necklace in HQ and her description of it was simply “it’s good”.

Lol guuurl really….. :headache:

:lmao:

8 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

In My Feelings is definitely one of my least faves from LFL but I could easily make it through that song. Listening to ********** more than two times was honestly hard to manage. Lyrically stunning but as a song? In terms of melody it goes absolutely nowhere. It reminds me a lot of a song that Björk would write and I can't stand her music either.

Bjork?:rip: