Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Do you define every song that has a piano in it as a piano song? I would call Beautiful or Sweet Carolina a piano song, but not Ocean Blvd title track.

yes by this i mean every song with a piano, because there are fans still tweeting stuff like this

who don’t realize it’s a multifaceted and extremely diverse instrument

(not trying to start this tired discourse up again though :rip:)

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i forgot about lana saying this omg yeah the piano haters are gonna be madddd. so far we have

1. Title track

2. Candy Necklace

3. Fingertips

4. SYML collab

5. RIOPY “collab”

6. Track 14

that are already confirmed piano songs, which is… every song besides the interlude that we know anything about the sonic direction of

get used to it girls

I prefer to believe that there will be piano, but not throughout the entire track. She can put a drum on top and 5 electric guitars and I forgive her.

(Is it possible that Fingertips will only have piano? If she doesn't scream that she doesn't want to live... :lanasrs2:

Just now, terrenceszyou said:

(Is it possible that Fingertips will only have piano? If she doesn't scream that she doesn't want to live... :lanasrs2:

The way Lana talked about the song in an interview sounded like Drew did a full orchestral arrangement, not just piano. The demo snippet we have only has sparse piano but no idea how much that resembles the finished song.

omfg @ the pastor interlude being over 4 minutes long :air: and him SCREAMING!! i’m very intrigued i hope it gives Bare Feet on Linoleum :trisha:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

This is not a dig at COCC or BB, as I admire and adore both projects, but this album is shaping up to blow those two out of the water and be a career highlight with "Born to Die," "Ultraviolence," "Honeymoon," and "Norman Fucking Rockwell." :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i already mentioned this a lot but i am really looking forward to the piano compositions on this album, my biggest problem with the piano compositions on BB is that they were boring and cookie cutter, literally anyone could write and play most of them a month after starting to learn the instrument. a few months back i kept saying that i would love lana to work with actual pianists, jazz musicians, etc to give her compositions some real flair, and she is doing that this time around. i’m so excited

Just now, the ocean said:

trust me that i will love this album as much as lana loves her piano :true::ma:

it's a match made in heaven, if they're gonna talk, let 'em

if they don't think we're good together, baby, just forget 'em!

Lana Del Rey - Wikipedia1,972,833 Heart Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStockPiano Keyboard Of An Old Music Instrument Close Up Stock Photo - Download  Image Now - iStock

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Little general summary:

Tracklist:

Reveal hidden contents

1. The Grants  

2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (4:45)

3. Sweet

4. A&W (7:00+) –(American Whore with Jack Antonoff)

5. [ft. Judah Smith]
6. Candy Necklace (5:14) –(Rockefellar snippet at 0:56-1:04) 
[with Jon Batiste]

7. [with Jon Batiste]

8. -

9. Fingertips (5:48) –(I couldn’t handle it snippet at 2:39-2:45)

10. [ft. SYML] (interpolation of I wanted to leave)

11. -

12. -

13. - 

14. - 

15. [ft. Tommy Genesis]

16. -

Other Information:

Reveal hidden contents

-Track 8,13,14 or 16 could be Bleachers collab

-Track 11 or 12 could be GPSOTSOMFWHDSF

-RIOPY in Track 11 sent Lana a piano composition

-Aljosha Konstanty in Track 14 sent Lana a piano composition

-There are 6 tracks over 5 minutes length

-Single version of "Did You Know..." is the album version.

-Pastor Interlude:  "It kinda sets the unsettling eerie tone that makes pastors bullshit intriguing. But it's just something very random, you can hear Lana giggling and whispering while he's talking so she must have recorded it with her phone while being on the sermon."

Blurry Tracklist:

Writing Credits:

Hide contents

ldr9tracklist.jpg

GBUMs:

Reveal hidden contents

Track 1 (The Grants): GBUM72206762

Track 2 (Title track): GBUM72206756

Track 3 (Sweet): GBUM72206753

Track 4 (A&W): GBUM72206757

Track 5: GBUM72206973

Track 6 (Candy Necklace): GBUM72206759

Track 7: GBUM72206974

Track 8: GBUM72206758

Track 9 (Fingertips): GBUM72206772

Track 10: GBUM72206764

Track 11: GBUM72206763

Track 12: GBUM72206754

Track 13: GBUM72206760

Track 14: GBUM72206761

Track 15: GBUM72206770

Track 16: GBUM72206771

AhaMusic Links

I’m confused where did we get that concrete info for track list? Like how do we know what seconds the candy necklace snippet is and the fingertip leak??

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I’m confused where did we get that concrete info for track list? Like how do we know what seconds the candy necklace snippet is and the fingertip leak??

@hotshot2am fed the snippets into ACRCloud which is like shazam but used for businesses & the music industry and it pumped out the titles, track lengths & what section of the song the snippet was from

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Oh, gosh, when they complain about piano tracks, they mean piano-only ballads, not Cruel World. :smh:

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate piano tracks (and when I say that, it's only piano).

She has already created amazing ballads. When the track is just piano, it naturally creates that feeling that it's going to be very intimate and that we have to pay close attention to what it's going to say. Then out comes Hope, Old Money, and wow, amazing! However, lately we've had something just ok like Beautiful, so I think sometimes it misses out on that piano ballad aura and ends up overdoing it.