Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Maybe instead of releasing a TUOB single that could detract from the record’s continuity she could release the real Fine China x Your Girl x SYTH versions as a silly little triple single release:oprah3:

Still to this day, I don’t get why she never released a couple of cute EPs (not counting Paradise - don’t want to jumpstart that damn conversation again). A Fine China / Yes to Heaven / Your Girl would be perfect; same with Hey Blue Baby / Stupid for Being So Happy (although BoZ said he never heard of a studio version of those two). 
But at the moment, I am so hyped for a new single of the new album… 

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

my only concern is that it could end up being like the trio … iconic but random, like hearing that the trio was a trap remix of an ennio morricone composition made me think maybe there’d be other similar sounds on the record but there really was nothing like it

manifesting that it weirdly fits and the eerie off putting unsettling tone is captured perfectly in other parts of the album :hype:

oh yeah this :noparty::noparty::noparty:

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Little general summary:

Tracklist:

Reveal hidden contents

1. The Grants  

2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (4:45)

3. Sweet

4. A&W (7:00+) –(American Whore with Jack Antonoff)

5. [ft. Judah Smith]
6. Candy Necklace (5:14) –(Rockefellar snippet at 0:56-1:04) 
[with Jon Batiste]

7. [with Jon Batiste]

8. -

9. Fingertips (5:48) –(I couldn’t handle it snippet at 2:39-2:45)

10. [ft. SYML] (interpolation of I wanted to leave)

11. -

12. -

13. - 

14. - 

15. [ft. Tommy Genesis]

16. -

Other Information:

Reveal hidden contents

-Track 8,13,14 or 16 could be Bleachers collab

-Track 11 or 12 could be GPSOTSOMFWHDSF

-RIOPY in Track 11 sent Lana a piano composition

-Aljosha Konstanty in Track 14 sent Lana a piano composition

-There are 6 tracks over 5 minutes length

-Single version of "Did You Know..." is the album version.

-Pastor Interlude:  "It kinda sets the unsettling eerie tone that makes pastors bullshit intriguing. But it's just something very random, you can hear Lana giggling and whispering while he's talking so she must have recorded it with her phone while being on the sermon."

Blurry Tracklist:

Writing Credits:

Reveal hidden contents

ldr9tracklist.jpg

GBUMs:

Reveal hidden contents

Track 1 (The Grants): GBUM72206762

Track 2 (Title track): GBUM72206756

Track 3 (Sweet): GBUM72206753

Track 4 (A&W): GBUM72206757

Track 5: GBUM72206973

Track 6 (Candy Necklace): GBUM72206759

Track 7: GBUM72206974

Track 8: GBUM72206758

Track 9 (Fingertips): GBUM72206772

Track 10: GBUM72206764

Track 11: GBUM72206763

Track 12: GBUM72206754

Track 13: GBUM72206760

Track 14: GBUM72206761

Track 15: GBUM72206770

Track 16: GBUM72206771

AhaMusic Links

If that info abt the interlude w the pastor is legit, I’m sure that was not her intention but it’ll be like she’s making fun of wtv he’s saying lmao I like that

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I was so surprised by the news that I just followed and didn't say anything. :excited:

But, guys, something I've always loved about Lana's songs is some of the "weird details" she puts into each one, like:

- The guy screaming on several BTD tracks;

- The autotune popping at the end of Tulsa Jesus Freak;

- The synth humming at the end of Fuck it I Love You;

- The Gunshots in God Bless America. 

Besides being interesting, it gives a lot of substance to the songs, making them unique.

And, like: now we're going to have a pastor reciting a sermon, while she laughs? :hdu:

We won! :grinds:

11 minutes ago, Thoth said:

-Speculation on writing credits 

-Speculation on blurry tracklist

-Lana Instagram post

-Lana Instagram post 

-BOZ 

-BOZ

-BOZ

I’m so excited for the pastor interlude :oprah4:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

I was so surprised by the news that I just followed and didn't say anything. :excited:

But, guys, something I've always loved about Lana's songs is some of the "weird details" she puts into each one, like:

- The guy screaming on several BTD tracks;

- The autotune popping at the end of Tulsa Jesus Freak;

- The synth humming at the end of Fuck it I Love You;

- The Gunshots in God Bless America. 

Besides being interesting, it gives a lot of substance to the songs, making them unique.

And, like: now we're going to have a pastor reciting a sermon, while she laughs? :hdu:

We won! :grinds:

also the end of wildwflower wildfire when the song sets itself on fire (the burning sound), the living legend bridge where she’s screaming, a man laughing at the beginning of salvatore. I live for these moments !!

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

12 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

my only concern is that it could end up being like the trio … iconic but random, like hearing that the trio was a trap remix of an ennio morricone composition made me think maybe there’d be other similar sounds on the record but there really was nothing like it

manifesting that it weirdly fits and the eerie off putting unsettling tone is captured perfectly in other parts of the album :hype:

I personally don't find The Trip that random. Sonically when compared to the album maybe but it worked well as a mic drop after Arcadia and also as a demanding of attention for Black Bathing Suit, the two songs that really explore her hurt feelings from the public. I think she really wanted those messages to be heard and The Trio heightens both songs in a way.

I'm hoping the pastor interlude does something similar and its placement makes sense.

31 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Manifesting HM‘s interconnectedness, LFL’s sonic variety, NFR’s acclaim, COCC’s cohesion, UV’s cathartic delivery, BTD’s novelty, Paradise’s lushness, Blue Banister’s intimacy, and AKA’s lively and unique spirit:read:

edit: obviously more strengths to these records but yeah lol

exactly

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I personally don't find The Trip that random. Sonically when compared to the album maybe but it worked well as a mic drop after Arcadia and also as a demanding of attention for Black Bathing Suit, the two songs that really explore her hurt feelings from the public. I think she really wanted those messages to be heard and The Trio heightens both songs in a way.

I'm hoping the pastor interlude does something similar and its placement makes sense.

this!! the trio is her fuck off goodbye moment before heading to the beach where she's feeling sassy in her black bathing suit

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

-RIOPY in Track 11 sent Lana a piano composition

-Aljosha Konstanty in Track 14 sent Lana a piano composition

i forgot about lana saying this omg yeah the piano haters are gonna be madddd. so far we have

1. Title track

2. Candy Necklace

3. Fingertips

4. SYML collab

5. RIOPY “collab”

6. Track 14

that are already confirmed piano songs, which is… every song besides the interlude that we know anything about the sonic direction of

get used to it girls

12 minutes ago, DCooper said:

:true: i do agree actually, it creates a very powerful mood in that section of the album .. i just know a lot of people don’t like it because it’s kind of off putting, and it quite off putting because that’s the point in a way, but the superior people with taste will enjoy the pastor interlude!!!!!!

plus i actually didn’t mind there not being any other trap trio esque songs 😭 but in terms of eerie vibes i would love to get that on multiple tracks on ocean blvd, it sounds interesting so i hope it carries over

sUcVobB.png

11 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

also the end of wildwflower wildfire when the song sets itself on fire (the burning sound), the living legend bridge where she’s screaming, a man laughing at the beginning of salvatore. I live for these moments !!

Yes! :excited:

Oh, gosh, that's why my hype is huge for this album. They say there will be tracks with unusual verse-chorus constructions, strange elements... I couldn't ask for more.

I imagine tracks with sudden changes in atmosphere and mood, like Text Book. Tracks that interrupt the sung melody for Lana to come out and say something. Knowing that there are several tracks with long minutes makes it obvious that we will have a lot of this. That's a long time for just some sappy verses and chorus.

p.s: The bridge of living legend for me is one of the highlights of career. She needs to reproduce live.

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i forgot about lana saying this omg yeah the piano haters are gonna be madddd. so far we have

1. Title track

2. Candy Necklace

3. Fingertips

4. SYML collab

5. RIOPY “collab”

6. Track 14

that are already confirmed piano songs, which is… every song besides the interlude that we know anything about the sonic direction of

get used to it girls

Do you define every song that has a piano in it as a piano song? I would call Beautiful or Sweet Carolina a piano song, but not Ocean Blvd title track.

6 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

1. Title track

2. Candy Necklace

3. Fingertips

4. SYML collab

5. RIOPY “collab”

6. Track 14

get used it to girls

ok so the rest of the album will be psychedelic influenced rock jazz with crazy over the top instrumentals without any piano and there's gonna be a tomyy / lana rap duet with a wild beat drop 
M:pray2:A:pray2:N:pray2:I:pray2:F:pray2:E:pray2:S:pray2:T

Just now, tulsaglory said:

ok so the rest of the album will be psychedelic influenced rock jazz with crazy over the top instrumentals without any piano and there's gonna be a tomyy / lana rap duet with a wild beat drop 
M:pray2:A:pray2:N:pray2:I:pray2:F:pray2:E:pray2:S:pray2:T

And then you woke up

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

She uses piano in almost every song she's ever made :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.