Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, arianaofthegrande said:

Personal trauma is my guess

Which is where she talks about lithium and IV’s from Wildflower Wildfire 

:true:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

57 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

1. I think the first world of the long acronym is Girls. It’s got a maritime theme too if I remember correctly. Maybe something about sirens or something? Idk

2. the sample: The album cover says “lyrics and melodies by Lana Del Rey” so my guess is that she’s sampling lyrics/melody and not the actual track. Thinking FMWUTTT sample in Ultraviolence. Her pre-2019 collaborators aren’t credited on writing credits or the cover so I’m guessing she’s not sampling the track (ie, strings, vocals, flute, synth).

Posting this again. She’s not sampling MUSIC she’s sampling lyrics/melody.

If Tommy G is a sample, she gets writing credit. Lana used those piano tracks, the composers get writing credit. If she used WC synth or MTWBT flute Dan or Rick would be credited because they were credited as writers on the original song and they’re sampling the original song. If she samples a lyric/melody that she wrote she doesn’t have to give the same credit.

Edit: by this logic the Tommy sample is Eden or Hate Demon because those are the only 2015 Tommy tracks she’s credited as sole writer/producer

Also, if we’re right about the “lights camera accion” like from HBTB it originated from PMIAM of which she is the sole writer.

9 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:
  • Piano Theme 
  • Part Time
  • Pacific Time
  • Pink Toes
  • Psychedelic Trips  
  • Private Tales
  • Poor Thing
  • People Talk
  • Physical Therapy
  • Passing Through
  • Personal Time
  • Plain Truth
  • Pad Thai
  • Passing Time
  • Point Taken
  • Paramount Trip
  • Pleasant Times 
  • Paradise Takeoff
  • Public Theories
  • Poor Taste
  • Perfect Thief 
  • Post Tension
  • Pearly Thighs 

:dua:

Def Pad Thai

13 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Why does everyone say that Kintsugi's information is true? I'm genuinely asking, what made you think that? because I ate it all up too!:bebe:

15 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

i asked them to spill the specific duration of track 16 and they said 5:55, and then later @hotshot2am asked them to upload track 16 to the same website that we found the title of Candy Necklace on and they complied. they sent a link back, which also says Track 16 is 5:53 long (final masters are usually a few seconds shorter than the files any insiders have, likely just mixes, so the 2 seconds off isn’t anything shady). you can’t really fake anything on that website, it’s basically just Shazam that pulls information and metadata from an official industry database

This is just a very random thought I had as I've been listening to a lot of Ultraviolence lately, but I feel like Ocean Boulevard is going to be the true reaction album to 2020 and the post NFR world, the same way that Ultraviolence was a reaction album to 2012 in a sense. We got moments on Blue Banisters that hinted at everything that went on in songs like Black Bathing Suit, Arcadia and Beautiful, but this album feels like it's going to be the shift back to the rawness that the reception to Lana after Born To Die created in Ultraviolence just based on what we've heard. I don't think it's going to be like Ultraviolence, sonically, though. If anything, I think it's going to be something completely different to anything Lana's done before. I truly believe she's at her best when she's experimenting and incorporating things into her work that other artists wouldn't think to. 

I could be completely off the mark here, but it's more so of an observation than anything else. I genuinely cannot contain my excitement for this record 

imageproxy.jpg

also just elaborating on the 5:55/5:53 difference, during the mastering of albums, all mixes are pulled into one project and placed back to back (basically putting all of the songs into one song), and then that long ass file is split up again for each song, so mixes usually have a few more seconds of silence than a final master does

3 hours ago, burthday kake said:

PT Pink Toes/toenails.. omg the VFR callback:gasp:

ok im done now, Lana please give us the tracklist 

I was half joking when I posted this but honestly .... now im kind of obsessed with the idea of a VFR continuation like that.

like imagine the material:brows: any Sean diss track is an automatic hit to me.:agree:

but its def not this since she said this album didn't have any room for color :xcry:

6 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

also just elaborating on the 5:55/5:53 difference, during the mastering of albums, all mixes are pulled into one project and placed back to back (basically putting all of the songs into one song), and then that long ass file is split up again for each song, so mixes usually have a few more seconds of silence than a final master does

Thanks for the clarification. I know a lot about the mixing/mastering process but I didn’t know this. Cool info for music nerds!

Just now, BoDaToe said:

Thanks for the clarification. I know a lot about the mixing/mastering process but I didn’t know this. Cool info for music nerds!

for sure i think it’s really interesting! that part of the process is also when seamless transitions (like all of the songs on Honeymoon) happen; if anyone has ever noticed that the instrumentals for Honeymoon don’t have the transitions, that is why