Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

something i’ve been thinking about—y’all know how BOZ said that Candy Necklace has a lot of lore surrounding it lol? well, on iTunes/Apple Music, Jon is credited as a feature on the song, but on the track list mock-up lana posted herself, he wasn’t. granted, there were a lot of mistakes on the mock-up she posted, but i wonder if there was originally a solo version on the album instead and that’s part of why the song has so much lore behind it?

is it reaching for me to think that maybe this will be another FIILY/Hope/Summer Bummer/Groupie Love situation again and the album mix was changed last minute, so even though the digital version will have a feature, the vinyl version might not? just a thought :ma:

This is a very good question, it also makes me wonder this, when media are doing their review about a record, do they listen to the digital version or a CD/Vinyl one? cus sometimes songs have changes just like FIILY and HOPE. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

do we think Ocean Blvd will get a higher score on metacritic than NFR:usrs:

i kinda think it will, NFR only has an 87 on metacritic which yes is amazing, but definitely not unbeatable, there are always a few albums a year that reach the 90s and i think she’s capable of that

Just now, lilac heaven said:

i kinda think it will, NFR only has an 87 on metacritic which yes is amazing, but definitely not unbeatable, there are always a few albums a year that reach the 90s and i think she’s capable of that

The album cover looks so good next to a 92/93 Metacritic score and I know we'll get it:wub:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

something i’ve been thinking about—y’all know how BOZ said that Candy Necklace has a lot of lore surrounding it lol? well, on iTunes/Apple Music, Jon is credited as a feature on the song, but on the track list mock-up lana posted herself, he wasn’t. granted, there were a lot of mistakes on the mock-up she posted, but i wonder if there was originally a solo version on the album instead and that’s part of why the song has so much lore behind it?

is it reaching for me to think that maybe this will be another FIILY/Hope/Summer Bummer/Groupie Love situation again and the album mix was changed last minute, so even though the digital version will have a feature, the vinyl version might not? just a thought :ma:

Maybe its even like Lust For Life (the song) that has like a hundred different versions lol

the collapse that will be my first listen at 12am by the ocean (i live by the sea) followed by a 12 hour flight to california the next day where i will continue my listen on the west coast :oprah4:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

I really think this album is going to be her most acclaimed yet. It's going to be too jaw-dropping to ignore :true:

I hope so, but i'm being cautious with not getting my expectations too high :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

The album cover looks so good next to a 92/93 Metacritic score and I know we'll get it:wub:

the way her scores went

HM: 78

LFL: 77 (-1)

NFR: 87 (+10)

Chemtrails: 81

Blue Banisters: 80 (-1)

which means that to continue the pattern she’s gonna go up 10 points again from BB YUPPP 90 MC SCORE CONFIRMED :oprah4:

Listening to this album by the sea will definitely be on my bucket list... I live in the middle of basically a desert  :rip: the closest beach is like 1000 km away.

Reminds me of when I didn't really care for Bartender until I listened to it while driving alongside the coast at dawn :xcry: it was magical. I'm sure I'll love the songs regardless but listening to it on a certain place can def improve the mood

2 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Listening to this album by the sea will definitely be on my bucket list... I live in the middle of basically a desert  :rip: the closest beach is like 1000 km away.

Reminds me of when I didn't really care for Bartender until I listened to it while driving alongside the coast at dawn :xcry: it was magical. I'm sure I'll love the songs regardless but listening to it on a certain place can def improve the mood

and this is her most nautical/sea imagery based album to date :bebe:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

do we think Ocean Blvd will get a higher score on metacritic than NFR:usrs:

I hope so, but I’m doubtful—NFR is one of those albums with has equipped critics with unusually high (and rather specific) expectations. I can see it coming in second, though!

That being said, as @Fingertips mentioned, I do think many fans (myself included, hopefully:brows:) will enjoy this record more. 

BoZ suggested that the album will do well in terms of critical acclaim despite him essentially viewing it as a 100/100, but he also stated Margaret and the interludes (iirc) might bring the score down. Then again, that’s just one person’s opinion, and BoZ’s issue with Margaret was merely Jack’s voice, so who knows. I can’t wait to see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

what season do you guys associate the title track with? for me it's definitely winter. it just has that pitch black outside by 5pm melancholia soundscape:true:plus I can testify to it being a gorgeous track to listen to while the snow is falling outside :true: though I don't doubt its equally as beautiful on a beach in Hawaii 

& which season do you guys think the album as a whole will fit most?

e.g how honeymoon&nfr are obviously generally peak summer, cocc&bb very end of summer- autumny

maybe it's a dumb question to ask rn cause it's definitely hard to say without hearing the tracks & going off the song titles doesn't help much, rn i do have a feeling it won't even fit any one season strongly anyway, kind of like LFL imo (you have summer vibes in the title track, summer bummer, 13 beaches etc. but then some spring/wintery ones too with heroin, change, even love imo) 

4 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

and this is her most nautical/sea imagery based album to date :bebe:

i’m still so mad how i (unintentionally) planned my beachside vacation for March 11th-18th way back in October, and when the March 10th album release date was announced i was so excited to spend that whole vacation just listening to the album on repeat by the ocean. And then it was pushed back :bebe: it better leak by then

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

what season do you guys associate the title track with? for me it's definitely winter. 

Winter 100%. I was listening to it when it was released and snowing in the UK and it was just :xcry:

46 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Kintsugi implied that (at least some of) the samples won’t simply be overlaid with Lana’s vocals—if I remember correctly, they said something along with lines of them not being as “obvious” as we expect!

The samples "aren't as obvious" could also mean the sample choices itself and not how Lana used them.

I predict 85-87 on metacritic, but no higher. I think some of the songs will be polarising especially as not all critics value too experimental records. I can already see Guardian’s 1.5/5 review. 

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

what season do you guys associate the title track with? for me it's definitely winter. it just has that pitch black outside by 5pm melancholia soundscape:true:plus I can testify to it being a gorgeous track to listen to while the snow is falling outside :true: though I don't doubt its equally as beautiful on a beach in Hawaii 

& which season do you guys think the album as a whole will fit most?

e.g how honeymoon&nfr are obviously generally peak summer, cocc&bb very end of summer- autumny

maybe it's a dumb question to ask rn cause it's definitely hard to say without hearing the tracks & going off the song titles doesn't help much, rn i do have a feeling it won't even fit any one season strongly anyway, kind of like LFL imo (you have summer vibes in the title track, summer bummer, 13 beaches etc. but then some spring/wintery ones too with heroin, change, even love imo) 

This album is definitely giving winter vibes to me, or at least parts of spring where you're stuck inside all day due to the rain and have nothing but your own thoughts to keep you company

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Just realized this is her second album with no mean of transport on any of the covers :krylie:

They way btd started with a blue truck and ended with a blue truck (LFL) (with 2 albums between)

And nfr started on the ocean/sea and it's ending on the ocean/sea (DYKTTATUOB) (with 2 albums between) :true:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

1 minute ago, ruined said:

They way btd started with a blue truck and ended with a blue truck (LFL) (with 2 albums between)

And nfr started on the ocean/sea and it's ending on the ocean/sea (DYKTTATUOB) (with two albums between) :true:

Wait a second...:raven: