one time beauty queen

what are your parents fav Lana songs?

title!

i mean i’m sure most of our parents aren’t really Lana fans (if yours are though, that’s sick:smokes2:) but in passing have they heard you playing/gotten to know some of her music & made any comments etc? like my sister plays her Lana cds in the car almost everyday when my mom drives her to school so she knows a lot through that & I also spin my vinyls at home so that can b heard too ofc

my mom has really gotten to like Old Money (this one is her ULTIMATE fave), Dark Paradise & quite a few from BB: BB, Text Book, Arcadia, Thunder & Cherry Blossom.  she asks us to put these on n usually sings along. my dad on the other hand..   he’s never rly said much other than that she has a nice voice :smile:

Mariners Apartment Complex

Born to Die

Terrence Loves You

My mom's faves

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

My mom likes Lanas voice but it's not her cup of the tea but she was shook when she once heard me listening to Venice Bitch,  she was like was that really Lana??!!  :hide:

My grandma loves Cherry Blossom & Honeymoon title track 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

My mom fell in love with her when she first listened to her songs on the radio in 2012  :trisha:

She likes every song I play on vinyl. I think that west coast has to be her favorite though. 

I just asked her and she said that her current favorites are : west coast , white dress and young and beautiful :silly:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I actually don’t think either of my parents have ever heard Lana :gasp: But in 2018 I played Beautiful People Beautiful Problems for my grandma and she cried

imageproxy.jpg

My mum played Video Games to me from her iPod, that must've been in like… 2012? :thumb2:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

my mom isn't necessarily a huge fan of lana, but she has heard some songs and high by the beach is her favourite (she also really likes the music video for it) :gasp:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

my mom knows like 5 songs but she once told me "religion" is her favorite :xgiggle: 

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

my father hates Lana (& me :P) but my mother really likes Groupie Love and lfl album in whole

3 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I just asked her and she said that her current favorites are : west coast , white dress and young and beautiful :silly:

she's so tasteful i wanna be her daughter :wowcry:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

my mom's top 1 is money power glory.

she also really likes white mustang, arcadia, chemtrails, MAC, summer bummer, west coast, venice bitch too. I made a playlist on spotify with some tracks from each album and she listens to it from time to time on her alexa (by herself I don't need to put it on lol)

oh and from unreleased she really likes every man gets his wish lmao

edit: oh yeah high by the beach is one of her favs too don't know how I could forget that one

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

15 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

she's so tasteful i wanna be her daughter :wowcry:

every time i put it on she tries to say downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference :air:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 hours ago, Greenwich Acid said:

my mom really loves the random cursing in Cherry :toofunny:

I wanna elaborate on this: we've made it a meme, to the point where sometimes as I'm leaving the room I'll whisper "bitch!" and she responds "fuck!" without missing a beat :rip:

rihKQ8M.gif

19 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

every time i put it on she tries to say downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference :air:

12 minutes ago, Greenwich Acid said:

I wanna elaborate on this: we've made it a meme, to the point where sometimes as I'm leaving the room I'll whisper "bitch!" and she responds "fuck!" without missing a beat :rip:

icons

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif