The Grants

Biggest “red flag” for a Lana stan to have?

43 minutes ago, ruined said:

It makes me concentrate and defend our lord and savior miss Lana to death

Biggest red flag I've seen so far :true:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, ruined said:

It was clearly a joke babe :scoff:

But maybe you're also joking :eartha2:

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma. 

Also, don't call me babe. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

9 minutes ago, ruined said:

She was comparing herself to them cuz she herself was also singing those kind of explicit unfiltered lyrics but about different subjects (songs like uv for example) (and we clearly know she herself also sang/sings about the subjects she mentioned: wearing no clothes being sexy fucking cheating etc)

So that's why she compared herself to them

So it's NOT becuz she thinks she had the same exact hard experience a black woman had/has as a singer

That's just what people twisted her words to

I feel so bad for adding my two cents about that now

I know you mean well but there's really no point in pursuing the conversation any further.

You can't really change the fact some people with much worse experiences than Lana got offended by QFTC. You're unintentionally being as dismissive as the people who overlooked her statements. :eek3:

Now, what is your non-QFTC related red flag for a Lana stan? :mj2:

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma. 

Also, don't call me babe. 

I call literally everyone "babe" out of habit

But I won't call u babe ever again

Noted :hae:

Sorry!!!

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

1 minute ago, Mash Tragic said:

You can't really change the fact some people with much worse experiences than Lana got offended by QFTC.

Agree

2 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

Now, what is your non-QFTC related red flag for a Lana stan? :mj2:

I don't have one

Just the QFTC one

Just kidding :sass:

One of the biggest red flags to me is when someone says hope is a.... is a bland and boring song

Like please be quiet :usrsney:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

One of the things that bother me the most in the fandom is how some people openly attack and hate on Nikki Lane saying awful things about her just because Lana herself chose to live a simpler life going on road trips to the Midwest and performing in small venues in Texas… it’s not like Nikki obligated her to do that, she didn’t hold Lana at gunpoint and told her to change her lifestyle, she’s a grown woman and can make her own choices and not be judged for them if she’s not harming anyone.

It must be awful to see people hating on and blaming your best friend when you’re happier with the life you have now :-(

A00DBB5B-1C9D-4A17-8A84-22525D594416.jpe

15 hours ago, Burthdaykake said:

One of the things that bother me the most in the fandom is how some people openly attack and hate on Nikki Lane saying awful things about her just because Lana herself chose to live a simpler life going on road trips to the Midwest and performing in small venues in Texas… it’s not like Nikki obligated her to do that, she didn’t hold Lana at gunpoint and told her to change her lifestyle, she’s a grown woman and can make her own choices and not be judged for them if she’s not harming anyone.

It must be awful to see people hating on and blaming your best friend when you’re happier with the life you have now :-(

I do blame Miss Lane for taking Lana to 

Spoiler

buc-ees-650x300-1.jpg

Spoiler

barney-stinson-how-i-met-your-mother.gif

IMG-3521.jpg

23 hours ago, Mash Tragic said:

Bringing up QFTC is honestly a Lana fan red flag alone and some of you are waving it proudly in here :brows3:

At this point, it feels like beating a dead horse, but:

Hide contents

While the name dropping was absolutely tasteless and definitely derailed the debate, it never was about race but only about the misogyny she faced when she got in the spotlight. That post was mainly pointing at the media and all those so-called critics. I don't think it was even aimed at regular people.

I'm not familiar with what the media say about Doja Cat or Cardi B, and I'm sure they faced much worse socially as WOC, but you can't deny it was a big trend hating on Lana for her appearance or her artistry in 2012. And very serious media participated in, even fueled that trend. It was even different than 2000s tabloids chasing celebrities in the streets. That girl walked into rooms thinking she would get interviewed like any other singer, just to get verbally abused and shit on by journalists! It's the equivalent of a professional environment. So, imagine your boss calling you in his office to evaluate your work and starting to talk about your relationship with your dad instead? How messed-up would it be? :usrsney:

Like, how many articles subtly (sometimes openly) made fun of her lips while reviewing her album? Her lyrics? Her sex life? Her mental health? Her relationship to men? Her private life in general? Just to acclaim 2020s female artists for exploring the very same themes (+ let's not forget how normalized plastic surgery is nowadays, like, 2012 Lana would look normal with the filler trend and I'm pretty sure no one would bat an eye at her lips if Born to Die was released this year). I honestly don't remember seeing a newcomer being welcomed with such nasty and personal comments - again, by professionals, not netizens. The interviewers were absolutely awful. It was pure misogyny on their part, and she had every right to call out their hypocrisy.

It would've been definitely classier to be delighted the new generation doesn't have to face the same harassment (while still calling out her detractors). But now, imagine being dragged through the mud ten years ago for showing your heart to the world, and ultimately seeing other artists do the same years later and being praised for it? I get her anger and frustration (even if it was so fucking poorly worded, because it was, let's not pretend it wasn't offensive :toofunny:).

People who misinterpret QFTC not only lack reading comprehension but empathy, and/or want to turn the debate where they shouldn't be one, which is almost as tasteless as the way Lana told her truth. Do not weaponize the words of a woman to fight another battle. Misogyny should be fought as much as racism.

Why not fighting the ugly white men instead of tearing each other apart? :icant:

Exactly my thought,

The only problem Lana had during this incident was her wording, and the way she chose to express her anger, the unnecessary namedrop & the FKA twigs comments (even when we understand her intention or not).

But the way some of y'all completely turn her whole point into race issues was a red flag. Why is her anger "white fragility" when she's simply  just a woman being mad? doesnt she have a right to be mad just because shes a white woman?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

22 hours ago, ruined said:

Wait I forgot what she said about it

Inform me if u don't mind

And the reason you think it was tone-deaf

(I'm just interested to know your opinion cuz I completely agree with the rest of the words u wrote)

she compared her pole dancing in Tropico to twigs' pole dancing in Cellophane - she said twigs got praised while she was called a whore - which was really tone deaf.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

3 hours ago, Harry Nilsson said:

misspelling her as Lana Del Ray

REAL. The only exception (queue Paramore lol) is referring to AKA

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Echoing what @burthday kake said, people hating on Lana’s friend group in general makes me sad…even as far as to blame them for why they don’t like Lana’s music??? Oh well

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Echoing what @burthday kake said, people hating on Lana’s friend group in general makes me sad…even as far as to blame them for why they don’t like Lana’s music??? Oh well

omg i think u meant to tag the other Burthdaykake but yes both of u spilled :true::kiss3:

Fans who act like other fans who like Lana’s more popular music are beneath them, are fake fans, or have bad taste. Like how are you really going to ignore the entirety of Born to Die just because it’s popular with the general public? Is Born to Die my favorite album of hers? No, but I still think some of her best songs exist on that album, and the visuals and world she was able to create that era was, and I don’t say this lightly, a cultural reset. To ignore the brilliance of Lana’s work just because it’s popular makes you the flop fan.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 1/29/2023 at 1:26 AM, Pnin said:

OR we have several women in our families who have had to rely on sex work to eat, have had to rely on them to eat and survive. So when the culture finally accepts WAP level sexual expression from woc, when we see a woman like Cardi who danced to live and is now an icon and owns what would’ve gotten her slaughtered just DECADES ago, we see ourselves and our families validated. 

i 💯 % sympathize Lana for the way the media has treated her. But it’s not the same thing and her own whiteness and experience misinformed her judgment. 

it’s not “wokeness” 

probably overlaps with folks who think TS’ political silence was OK. 

Honey, it didnt have anything to do with black or poc experience in the first place. Read her post. She namedropping the women she mentioned as the examples for her point - yes,she didnt need to, but  her point is not questioning why these woc artists got treated better than her while singing about sex, fucking, cheating by the media - devaluating their real life struggle. Her point is very clear and aiming to the SAME publications / critics who were being misogynistic towards her 10 years ago - back in the Born To Die era - these same people whose years later - praising these artists whose she namedropped in the post. She was pointing out the hypocrisy of the media,and thats her intention

The culture still doesnt fully accept WAP level sexual expression as u thought - or they only accept because they have to be "woke" for the sake of it. They're full of shit tbh :true: