The Grants

Biggest “red flag” for a Lana stan to have?

anyways.. big red flag if you dont like paradise

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

4 hours ago, lala said:

the fans who romanticize AKA and say it’s her “best era” even though that was a hard time for her mentally :judgingu4: 

if people weren’t allowed to have a favorite visual/aesthetic direction of lana’s career that was executed at any time where she wasn’t in the best place mentally in her personal life, then by your logic nobody should be allowed to like any of lana’s “eras” pre-LFL. horrid take, have you ever considered that people just like cute lo-fi music videos lmfao?

On 1/29/2023 at 9:01 PM, The Siren said:

OMG WHEN I SAW HER AT GOVERNORS BALL THESE GIRLS IN FRONT OF ME DECKED OUT IN FUCKING LANA MERCH AND CROWNS AND SHIT ( i had flowers too jj2 ) WERE LIKE ALL PISSY AND AFTER CHELSEA HOTEL NO. 2 THEY WERE LIKE "UM IF SHE DOESNT PLAY A HIT AFTER THIS WE'RE LEAVING" AND SHE STARTED SINGING SERIAL KILLER AND THEY PUSHED THEIR WAY THROUGH THE CROWD AND LEFT AND STEPPED ALL OVER MY BACKPACK A MESS A MESSSSSSS rip3 

Lolololololol ok so as someone who was beyond lucky enough to go to the Gov Ball set when I worked in the States for the Summer back in 2015, I can confirm that I was actually fearing for my life because of how bad the crowd crushing was becoming. I remember seeing people having panic attacks and exiting towards the right side where they climbed wired fencing to get out of there. I managed to stick it out for two hours standing so close to the stage, but eventually I felt like I was starting to suffocate. So I peaced out and went to the very end of the crowd. It was Lana's first time back in NYC in after ages. The New York gorls and gays were FIGHTING. But I still had a great time. I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to see her live again so I'm grateful for it :smile3:

19 minutes ago, The Grants said:

god I regret creating this topic sm it only creates fights and discussions and chaos can we move to the scariest lana song thread already :xgiggle:

Completely unsurprisingly, the thread just became "ways other Lana fans don't agree with my opinions".

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 1/29/2023 at 8:01 PM, The Siren said:

OMG WHEN I SAW HER AT GOVERNORS BALL THESE GIRLS IN FRONT OF ME DECKED OUT IN FUCKING LANA MERCH AND CROWNS AND SHIT ( i had flowers too jj2 ) WERE LIKE ALL PISSY AND AFTER CHELSEA HOTEL NO. 2 THEY WERE LIKE "UM IF SHE DOESNT PLAY A HIT AFTER THIS WE'RE LEAVING"

imagine not thinking chelsea hotel by thee leonard cohen is a fucking hit, i am :crying4::crying4::crying4:

like i get it isn't one in the literal modern day sense of the word but like............. it is. I would die 2 hear Lana cover it or anything Bob Dylan live:krylie:that's all

36 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

203956e1a23b16cd772d910ebe8e09d3.jpg

just gonna leave this here... 

help those are all of my fave movies :rip:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

26 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

if people weren’t allowed to have a favorite visual/aesthetic direction of lana’s career that was executed at any time where she wasn’t in the best place mentally in her personal life, then by your logic nobody should be allowed to like any of lana’s “eras” pre-LFL. horrid take, have you ever considered that people just like cute lo-fi music videos lmfao?

Agreed but the person you quoted I think meant those who romanticize AKA (a rough lifestyle, pro ana, drugs, etc). I’m a huge fan of AKA personally and there’s nothing wrong with that, as you said, but I think they meant those who favor the Lizzy days because they love the white trash aesthetic if that makes sense. 

41 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

203956e1a23b16cd772d910ebe8e09d3.jpg

just gonna leave this here... 

Either you’re such a slay person with great taste or you romanticize toxic things and are a fake Lana stan. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Either you’re such a slay person with great taste or you romanticize toxic things and are a fake Lana stan. 

And there is no in-between.

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

? AKA is no where near my favorite album but you just completely made that up :horror: 

How in any way was this a hard time for her mentally... :horror:

She just got a budget to make her dream album, was able to work with David Kahne, was able to use her money from the contract to buy a trailer, before/after that she was living with her sister, was able to make her own shoes with Keds, was doing loads of interviews... quite literally the start of her independence & the time she was enjoying her freedom most, she has mentioned before that this was a special time for her... 

If there was any era that would have been hard for her mentally it would have been that period between getting sent to boarding school and right after that when she wasn't allowed to go home and was living with her aunt, another "hard time" would have been in 2010 when she was living on Ben's couch looking for someone to sign her but even then she said she was having fun?

Red Flag #1: being a false empath

oh you spilled.. bc the real red flag is the people who make things up or infer things about her life and then use it to attack other ppl 😭 "don't talk about xyz bc lana struggled in some way while she was doing xyz 🥺" like stfu jan u don't know lana and what she was struggling with 

if you make some bizzare misinterpretations of her songs, esp her newer stuff and trying to twist things through her old BTD ~~aesthetic~~

like with A&W rn and all the tiktok stans completely taking the whore thing out of context, ma'am the experience of being an american whore as depicted in the song is pretty lousy

and i know everyone is free to interpret things but sometimes it's so glaringly wrong

people who think that she' a when she then does it on the without it but believe she'd do that of that time at it

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

On 1/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, mlittle11 said:

only posting/appreciating lana pics and aesthetics that are pre-nfr 

omg this

especially the tons of FAKE ones :toofunny:

456a8b34fc0513ac43b7355bb5caa98b.jpg

like they looked cool back in our little bubble in 2011-2012, but i legit see people use these unironically to this day

i get nostalgic over her old style too sometimes, but we can save that for anniversaries 

10 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

people who think that she' a when she then does it on the without it but believe she'd do that of that time at it

Courtney...?

1 hour ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

ur totally valid, for me it’s the fans who only listen to lizzy grant and say it’s lana’s best album

ahh ok i agree that’s annoying

1 hour ago, heavensentslut said:

sweetie i hate to break it to you but thats not lizzy grant the lizzy grant era stops in 2009

sorry i don’t know that exact dates of release on a lot of unreleased songs 🤷‍♀️

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*