Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Just now, The Siren said:

Who and why

luca del mar is a musician based in los angeles who creates (completely original) works of art, such as:

• the seminal classic "sunflowers across the county line" (his best song, perhaps superior to the completely unrelated song, "chemtrails over the country club") 
  • "bartender" (not to be confused with "bartender" by lana del rey)
  • plus "where the flowers bloom", "living heaven", "dealer", and "polo captain"

not to neglect his 4 full-length albums, released in 2020 and 2021 ALONE, making him an even more pervasive artist than our own lana del rey. also available are the full length sactl (sunflowers across the county line) instrumentals on youtube, with a cover designed by one of our very own. some may describe his work as derivative of lana's, but only those who truly understand the nuances of beautiful music can realize that he is an entirely distinct artist in a word of his own.

read his artist description for yourself:

Spoiler

aO9dnFE.png

(names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental)

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

So he's a parody of LDR :true:

(names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental)

Spoiler

yes and also he was going to talk to me but then he ghosted us so i have a small grudge against him 

giphy.gif

sUcVobB.png

30 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

luca del mar is a musician based in los angeles who creates (completely original) works of art, such as:

• the seminal classic "sunflowers across the county line" (his best song, perhaps superior to the completely unrelated song, "chemtrails over the country club") 

not to neglect his 4 full-length albums, released in 2020 and 2021 ALONE, making him an even more pervasive artist than our own lana del rey. also available are the full length sactl (sunflowers across the county line) instrumentals on youtube, with a cover designed by one of our very own. some may describe his work as derivative of lana's, but only those who truly understand the nuances of beautiful music can realize that he is an entirely distinct artist in a word of his own.

Hide contents

aO9dnFE.png

"Mountain glamour and Hollywood yacht rock" - these gays really be putting random words together like lottery numbers :stareney2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Reveal hidden contents

aO9dnFE.png

I heard Lizzy based the Lana Del Rey character on Luca Del Mar

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

So - this "111" guyvis supposed to be an insidrr/Eclipse?

And he confirmed 15 tracks + Dealer on the tracklist?

Correct, correct, ma’am :true:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

4 minutes ago, masterpinks said:

What is this Dealer track?? I need answers I’m truly obsessed swayyying my hips sway slay me rey :trisha:

She talked about it in an Interview Magazine interview back in autumn 2020. She considered it for CoCc, it was even submitted for mastering but then decided to scrao it. 

It's a song she did with Zach Dawes, the guy she did California and Thunder with.

It's supposed to be an angry track where she's yelling and squealing

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

10 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

You must be new here :xgiggle:

Well I’ve been away but no I’m familiar with the much anticipated and manifested Dealer I’m talking about the demo track I’d never heard til half an hour ago that I can’t stop playing

edit - the one called DEALER

16 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

She talked about it in an Interview Magazine interview back in autumn 2020. She considered it for CoCc, it was even submitted for mastering but then decided to scrao it. 

It's a song she did with Zach Dawes, the guy she did California and Thunder with.

It's supposed to be an angry track where she's yelling and squealing

Ya, I know about it. What I’m asking is- the demo-sounding track on the must-not-be-named website, the track labeled Dealer, with the lyrics 

You make my head spin honey

like the record machine sways my body

has it been floating around for awhile? Is it an old song that I missed somehow? I googled the lyrics and couldn’t find anything 

Ya, I know about it. What I’m asking is- the demo-sounding track on the must-not-be-named website, the track labeled Dealer, with the lyrics 

has it been floating around for awhile? Is it an old song that I missed somehow? I googled the lyrics and couldn’t find anything 

idk if that’s her, unless someone purposefully lowered it and edited it, could just be something random but it is a bop

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Nope that’s Headspin by Black Honey 
:oprah3:

but what is that "bird world snippet" on the-website-who-must-not-be-named :wat: is this something we have heard earlier or

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

19 minutes ago, World At War said:

yeah it comes from this livestream

thank you sm I got confused for a minute

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Does anyone recall that interview (circa 2017) when Courtney interviewed Lana and they both said something along the lines of working together at some point? I don't think I'm making stuff up

Anyways, that's never happening because if you look at Courtney's replies on the IG post of her knees about working with Justin Parker, all these people asked about a collab with Lana and she said it would be lame and forced because they are friends. We knew that a collab wasn't in the works but she's basically ruled out it ever happening

:pft:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream