Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Of course, I hope Drew Erickson is not involved in LDR10. :brigitte:

Well yes. I’m convinced people hate Jack mainly because of Blue Banisters…which he didn’t produce.

Chemtrails was kinda flop era for them but they still made Tulsa and Chemtrails title track. Norman and Ocean are both masterpieces so Jack deserves a little more credit 

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Well yes. I’m convinced people hate Jack mainly because of Blue Banisters…which he didn’t produce.

Chemtrails was kinda flop era for them but they still made Tulsa and Chemtrails title track. Norman and Ocean are both masterpieces so Jack deserves a little more credit 

like im sorry but all the songs jack and lana make are always hits, and even the songs jack didnt produce on ocean were hits too so i wouldnt mine if she worked if some of the people she worked with on tunnel

9 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I dislike him as a producer for Lana because of the nfr/chemtrails production, his work on OB was much better though

I like the production on blue banisters too (which i know he didn't really do but i think it gets a lot of unnecessary hate)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Drew is very hit or miss... more miss than hit, tho :bebe:

HOWEVER, the person that should indeed be fired is whoever mixes her vocals... They're way too muffled, and way louder than they should be... (like Arcadia for example) 

Besides, if you listen to the instrumentals, you can find so many interesting moments if you pay attention, but the way the final songs are mixed is so... 

I know most of y'all don't care about stems, but I personally get upset when a song has many layers and you cannot notice them because of the poorly job the person who mixes and masters the songs do :smh:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, Rust Dress said:

chemtrails okay.. BUT NFR..? :shock2:

The way this debate always creeps up :shock2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Also, In terms of production/songwriting style in general... If you haven't enjoyed the last four albums, I doubt Lana is the right artist for you anymore :bebe:

Like, I'm sorry but she also has a say when it comes to her music and it's not always the producer's fault the final product ends up the way it does.

So, unless she decides to make a huge switch of style, maybe taking a break from her music might help you :bebe:

Honestly I’m unsure why Jack gets so much hate, I think NFR is still her best album and to be honest chemtrails always ends up being one of my top listened to albums, I just love the cohesion of both those records too, I love listening to them from start to finish 

I love ocean blvd too, but there are some songs which I just haven’t learned to love like her other songs, which is sweet and the grants mainly, they’re nice but I think just a little boring 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

i wish people would stop blaming the producers entirely for the sound they don't like when ultimately lana's the one who decides how the music sounds, nobody's forcing her to work with any particular producer or to make her music sound a certain way, she worked with mike dean of all people and still made a piano ballad

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Drew Erickson did his thing on Let The Light In but other than that his production has always been a chop for me :monicker:

I haven’t always been that invested in who produced which songs, but looking back at ocean blvd and blue banisters it becomes clear that it is the songs produced by Erickson which tend to be my least favourite.. with exception of let the light in, like you said 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

So far the only Jack produced Lana song I dislike is Kintsugi, and that's mainly because Lana sounds muffled as hell on it. Other than that he has always delivered, even when Lana was forcing him to remove instrumentals for a stripped back sound with Chemtrails. I'm here for another Jack album :monicker:

qfrWuBl.png

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

So far the only Jack produced Lana song I dislike is Kintsugi, and that's mainly because Lana sounds muffled as hell on it. Other than that he has always delivered, even when Lana was forcing him to remove instrumentals for a stripped back sound with Chemtrails. I'm here for another Jack album :monicker:

agree! that's the only song he's produced on that sounds unpolished to me.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ive been saying this from the beginning, but we all need to blame laura sisk
ocean blvd is so poorly mastered, ESPECIALLY kintsugi which could've been an even more beautiful song than it already is

1499440163092-laura-sisk.jpg?height=359& this is the face of a villain

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I’m not a huge fan of Drew, and I say I’m not a fan of Jack, but some of my all time favorite Lana songs are Jack songs so. 

I do think tunnel is as good as it is because there were multiple producers working together. I don’t think Drew is a good producer by himself at all, but when he works with Zach or Jack he really shines. 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

ive been saying this from the beginning, but we all need to blame laura sisk
ocean blvd is so poorly mastered, ESPECIALLY kintsugi which could've been an even more beautiful song than it already is

1499440163092-laura-sisk.jpg?height=359& this is the face of a villain

So true, that's why you're my favorite member here :teehee:

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The best music is the stuff you aren’t expecting tbh:really: I never would’ve expected most of the stuff we got on Ocean Blvd after Blue Banisters, and so I think people that are saying we are definitely getting piano ballads and/or country are just… wrong? Like we may be getting that but honestly we have no idea and the things she said are very vague and also seems like she hasn’t fully started even creating the album, and we know she can and will completely scrap ideas and albums will change A LOT over the course of creating it. So I think we are in a ride for LDR10 and personally I have a feeling it’s gonna be one of my favorites!:flutter:

Exactly this! And even if she makes another "piano bore" album, it'll be interesting in some way.

Again, maybe I'm biased, but even her "worst songs" (according to other ppl) are still good, they're not bad at all.

Blue Banisters might not be amazing, but every single track has something wonderful about it. Like, Arcadia... People HATE that track, but for me... it has the most beautiful melody Lana has come up with :bebe:

9 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Exactly this! And even if she makes another "piano bore" album, it'll be interesting in some way.

Again, maybe I'm biased, but even her "worst songs" (according to other ppl) are still good, they're not bad at all.

Blue Banisters might not be amazing, but every single track has something wonderful about it. Like, Arcadia... People HATE that track, but for me... it has the most beautiful melody Lana has come up with :bebe:

I always think it’s funny I genuinely do not like BB as an album (for Lana standards) but it has some of my favorite songs on it and it was my #8 most streamed album this year:hide:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・