Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

finding out that lana del rey used to date reeve carney (who is one of the stars of my favorite show of all time penny dreadful) is one of my favorite little pieces of trivia 

like omg lana fucked dorian grey! 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Does anyone else kind of hate that every alt artist has to praise Lana in some form?

Like, I’m seeing people say Billie should’ve praised NFR when she won her AOTY Grammy. That even boygenius should have. Etc etc

I used to agree, but seeing how Nicki seems to want every single rap artist in history to bow down to her - I don’t want Lana’s fans to give her the same reputation. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

An old rare random video of Lana I found on YouTube. The description under the video did her kinda dirty though cause why 😭

url%5D

it's always such a strange (but beautiful) feeling when after years, a Lana song I have already listened to many many times and enjoyed without considering one of my favourites suddenly clicks and leaves me completely floored...   

On 2/7/2024 at 8:34 AM, Rust Dress said:

Wow I didn't see this, we need to ban this dude irl

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

wait a minute :oprah4:

but being realistic it will probably be mtv playing songs of them and nothing more than this :adele:

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

wait a minute :oprah4:

but being realistic it will probably be mtv playing songs of them and nothing more than this :adele:

but it looks like if they say "special year xxx" it's something from the year in question! should we move? :raven:

33 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Aaaaa I have MTV Live channel on TV and some days they do those shows where they're showing best hits/music videos of three artists, like they've done Taylor Swift x Harry Styles x Ed Sheeran or Drake x Post Malone x the Weeknd. Thank you for showing that, I'm gonna replay this show the fuck out :dance: Especially considering that those 13 years since Lana's breakthrough, the only music videos I've seen on MTV channels (or there was this music channel called VH1) are Video Games, Born To Die, Summertime Sadness (both og and remix), Love, Lust For Life, High By The Beach, Don't Call Me An Angel and Doin' Time.

url%5D

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Aaaaa I have MTV Live channel on TV and some days they do those shows where they're showing best hits/music videos of three artists, like they've done Taylor Swift x Harry Styles x Ed Sheeran or Drake x Post Malone x the Weeknd. Thank you for showing that, I'm gonna replay this show the fuck out :dance: Especially considering that those 13 years since Lana's breakthrough, the only music videos I've seen on MTV channels (or there was this music channel called VH1) are Video Games, Born To Die, Summertime Sadness (both og and remix), Love, Lust For Life, High By The Beach, Don't Call Me An Angel and Doin' Time.

so only music videos, nothing special? :noparty: at least I was expecting some videos of concerts from last year on MTV Live

51 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

so only music videos, nothing special? :noparty: at least I was expecting some videos of concerts from last year on MTV Live

Yes, music videos! The only live concerts MTV Live channel shows are all related to MTV music festivals. But at least they're showing music videos because I've been dreaming about this kind of programme for a very long time :crying:

url%5D

Paradise finally got to the 1 Billion stream mark :gclap:

Nfr and UV both crossed the 3 Billion mark :gclap::gclap::gclap:

However, what’s most surprising is that she is still the second most streamed female singer, even though Beyoncé and Ariana released their respective lead singles :oprah2: