Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

On 3/13/2024 at 3:25 PM, twinkletoes7 said:

i think etienne is working on a makeup line.. id love to see lana in a campaign :hooker:

i don’t think we’re getting a lana campaign but we’re getting that damn lip combo he replied to my comment on his announcement :oprah9:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

this interview (or "lanaview" as it says) cover shirt is so cute!

https://wackywacko.com/products/lanaview-magazine-t-shirt

Omg I love it as well, it's so cute! This shirt alone is already better than her new merch which was released yesterday!!!!!

url%5D

On 1/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, lanaismamom said:

do we know what >2012 songs were made in one take? so far i could find a reliable confirmation of those, am i missing smth?
Cruel World
Pretty When You Cry
Fine China
Yosemite

+

Video Games

Born To Die

Ride
“But then I found Justin, he started bringing me chords for Video Games and I started free styling. Eventually, I started free styling on all my songs like Video Games, Born To Die and Ride were all done on the spot in one take. But other songs like Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans, I worked slowly with different composers.”

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Lana Del Rey about the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" nickname in an interview for Dazed in 2011:

"I didn’t come up with that! My managers were struggling to describe my music to labels and kept saying, 'What genre is it? What style?' I called it Hollywood Sadcore. But my manager said, 'She's like a gangsta Nancy Sinatra!' And as soon as it flew out of his mouth, it fucking stuck like glue. I spend eight fucking years writing gorgeous songs and someone in a meeting says 'gangsta Nancy Sinatra' and that's that. It's brutal. I know two of Nancy's songs but she's not someone I've ever really listened to. I know everything about Frank, of course, because he's the real singer. It just goes to show how fucking stupid people can be sometimes."

I suggest reading that interview, it's really interesting: https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/11702/1/lana-del-rey-bad-girl-blues

url%5D

Y'all I had a dream that Lana announced she would re-release/ reissue AKA in April via IG story :trisha: She said that the album would be repackaged and remastered :crying:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Lana Del Rey about the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" nickname in an interview for Dazed in 2011:

"I didn’t come up with that! My managers were struggling to describe my music to labels and kept saying, 'What genre is it? What style?' I called it Hollywood Sadcore. But my manager said, 'She's like a gangsta Nancy Sinatra!' And as soon as it flew out of his mouth, it fucking stuck like glue. I spend eight fucking years writing gorgeous songs and someone in a meeting says 'gangsta Nancy Sinatra' and that's that. It's brutal. I know two of Nancy's songs but she's not someone I've ever really listened to. I know everything about Frank, of course, because he's the real singer. It just goes to show how fucking stupid people can be sometimes."

I suggest reading that interview, it's really interesting: https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/11702/1/lana-del-rey-bad-girl-blues

this is so funny because if you google “gangster Nancy Sinatra” she pops up 

I mean, I get why she felt some kind of way about it, but it definitely was a good way of putting her name out there. And “Hollywood Sadcore” isn’t that far off, but I don’t think that really fits BTD as much as gangster Nancy Sinatra does 

"Don’t forget me"

I just noticed how the alternate COTCC album cover shot by Neil Krug kinda looks like The Soft Parade album cover by The Doors :keyboard:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

I bet they have a song together prosuces by Jack that's unreleased. Like the Kevin Abstract unreleased collab.

url%5D