Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

if you need the link of the ebook pls let me know :kiss3: it's actually rlly weird lol and she definitely mentionned Lana as the one who made popular the Lolita narrative when it's rlly fucked up. dunno if she was paying tribute to that or blaming her for it but yeah. the book is pretty amazing though, but it's rlly sad. child grooming is a real thing and it really sucks that Lana made it seem so cool to so many people. i actually wrote sumn about it on my IG account (same username) if you guys are interested. i just wanted to speak my mind about it. i could be wrong to certain extents and I'd love to hear you guys' opinion on this bc i think it's rlly fucked up.

here's the post, i keep it going in the comments : https://www.instagram.com/p/B_WoewHInve/?igshid=1q4grpmt4q13d

100% agree and it makes me sad that people old enough to know better still promote things thinking they are harmless (including Lana). when in reality there is nothing less harmful than sexual abuse of child. I'm actually very surprised that Lanas past promoting this stuff, especially PMIAM, haven't hurt her reputation 

100% agree and it makes me sad that people old enough to know better still promote things thinking they are harmless (including Lana). when in reality there is nothing less harmful than sexual abuse of child. I'm actually very surprised that Lanas past promoting this stuff, especially PMIAM, haven't hurt her reputation 

Movies/series/songs/mainstream culture literaly depict murder and all sorts of violence all the time and make it seem cool...

Movies/series/songs/mainstream culture literaly depict murder and all sorts of violence all the time and make it seem cool...

I take "glorifying the rape of a child is wrong and harmful" pretty much as an axiom.

i remember wanting to catch older men's attention bc i thought that boys my age weren't worthy and that only old men could see my true beauty (sike).

i thought that, that was the reason i felt so lonely and out of touch, which was incredibly toxic and it fucked me up so much now that i'm thinking of it. like i literally wanted to run away with a 30 yo guy i knew when i was 13 bc i thought he was meant for me lmaooooo and i was just extremely sad and upset that my life wasn't as exciting as the life Lana sang about in her unreleased stuff in general?? he was obviously a predator but i didn't care bc he gave me the attention i needed when i craved it and called me sweet names. i'm a grown up now and i realize how dangerous it was but some people are still so young.. they just wanna live what Lana ~allegedly~ lived to feel closer to her, because she's such a model to them. that's what happened to me, at least :-( i'm thinking of this super gorgeous girl Alida on IG. don't know if you guys know her but she's been through a lot of trauma and got into this whole lolita narrative a while back which resulted of her getting KIDNAPPED when she was 16 by her older bf. now she's legal but she's still dating this 30 something guy. she grew up and realized that wanting to live your life like it's a movie is extremely dangerous and sick but i guess it still rlly fucked her up. i genuinely feel for her and hope she healed though. i just wish Lana would come clean and finally say that she never lived those stuff and that it's just part of the aesthetic, nothing more nothing less. i don't think she knows that she plays such a huge part in this problem... cuz ignoring it won't make it go away. her older music is still out there in the wild and young girls and boys still wanna follow her path when it's not even realistic.

One of the realest things I've ever read on this website. Obviously not everyone takes Lana's music so seriously but being young and impressionable and wanting to see Lana as a role model when I was younger definitely had me in a weird place mentally :rip:

Do we know anything about her mom? Like is she just closer with her dad or something? did her and her mom have a falling out?

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/6510-speculations-on-lana-relationship-with-her-mother/?hl=%2Blana+%2Band+%2Bher+%2Bmother

no one knows but u can check out this thread

I for one really love it when Lana dives into (someone is gonna drag me but idk what to call it) topics of metaphysics(?), like with the Lust for Life trailer, and topics like the Burnt Norton Interlude.

okay the L4L trailer isnt about metaphysics but i really don't know how to describe it so keep ya drags to yourself

like i could listen to her talk about space, time, science, etc all day

negAbhB.png

I for one really love it when Lana dives into (someone is gonna drag me but idk what to call it) topics of metaphysics(?), like with the Lust for Life trailer, and topics like the Burnt Norton Interlude.

okay the L4L trailer isnt about metaphysics but i really don't know how to describe it so keep ya drags to yourself

like i could listen to her talk about space, time, science, etc all day

I never heard her recite Einstein´s Theories on Relativity  :teehee:   but what do you mean ?

.... " Like i could listen to her talk about space, time, science "

Which song for example ? I got to listen to that . I am curious

Although I do like the way she recites her poetry or sings it in a song (not all songs, but on most of them)

She has a sultry sexy voice.   Deep sounding, yet can also change it to extreme high-notes and sound like a little girl (or Betty-Boop),

or come back down again and just whispers softly in your hear.  I like that in a singer.

Sometimes a whisper is just as strong as a high-note scream (for example like Celine Dion singing her high-notes).

Like this...

That Youtuber who posted the video says...

Vocal Type: Dugazon Mezzo-Soprano

Vocal Fry: F#2

Lows: B2 - E3

Belts: G4 - F5

HV: Bb4 - Eb6

Remark: - The F5 is actually an F#5...My apologies!

-

I never heard her recite Einstein´s Theories on Relativity  :teehee:   but what do you mean ?

.... " Like i could listen to her talk about space, time, science "

Which song for example ? I got to listen to that . I am curious

Although I do like the way she recites her poetry or sings it in a song (not all songs, but on most of them)

She has a sultry sexy voice.   Deep sounding, yet can also change it to extreme high-notes and sound like a little girl (or Betty-Boop),

or come back down again and just whispers softly in your hear.  I like that in a singer.

Sometimes a whisper is just as strong as a high-note scream (for example like Celine Dion singing her high-notes).

Like this...

That Youtuber who posted the video says...

Vocal Type: Dugazon Mezzo-Soprano

Vocal Fry: F#2

Lows: B2 - E3

Belts: G4 - F5

HV: Bb4 - Eb6

Remark: - The F5 is actually an F#5...My apologies!

well not space and shit lol but like whatever she was talking about on Burnt Norton (which i am aware is a book) I could listen to her talk about that shit aaaaalllll day

negAbhB.png

well not space and shit lol but like whatever she was talking about on Burnt Norton (which i am aware is a book) I could listen to her talk about that shit aaaaalllll day

Oh That one. :)  Its a cool poem.   Kinda Weird but cool too.

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future
And time future contained in time past
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden

The song was registered on APRA AMCOS during July 2015 with T.S. Eliot credited as the writer. The song is based on the poem by T.S. Eliot of the same name.

The track was previewed on August 21, 2015, through the "Honeymoon Hotline", a phone line accessed by calling the telephone number on the Honeymoon album artwork,
which allowed fans to listen to songs from the album as well as lectures hand picked by Del Rey.

-

Oh That one. :)  Its a cool poem.   Kinda Weird but cool too.

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future
And time future contained in time past
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden

The song was registered on APRA AMCOS during July 2015 with T.S. Eliot credited as the writer. The song is based on the poem by T.S. Eliot of the same name.

The track was previewed on August 21, 2015, through the "Honeymoon Hotline", a phone line accessed by calling the telephone number on the Honeymoon album artwork,
which allowed fans to listen to songs from the album as well as lectures hand picked by Del Rey.

oh man do I remember the Honeymoon Hotline. I remember I hid somewhere at work at the time and called it. That was seriously some cool promo, props to her and her team for that

negAbhB.png