Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Now I know that Lana was an alcoholic. I also know it's highly probable she dabbled in shit like meth. (All bc of her involvement with Alcoholics Anonymous) But has she done heroin like she implies on FIILY?

giphy.gif

Now I know that Lana was an alcoholic. I also know it's highly probable she dabbled in shit like meth. (All bc of her involvement with Alcoholics Anonymous) But has she done heroin like she implies on FIILY?

Obviously, nobody knows for certain, but we do know that she used to mix with people in NYC who definitely did do heroin. We know she had a (boy)friend who died of a heroin overdose ... we know she worked with recovering addicts ... it's not far-fetched to assume that she's at least tried it.

She said that FIILY is her "most dishonest" song (as in, she said it wasn't about her). I don't believe that, and think she said it because she knew that admitting it was about her would raise awkward questions about drug use.

There have also been various accounts from people who worked with her that she used to do coke before every show; especially during the Endless Summer tour.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Obviously, nobody knows for certain, but we do know that she used to mix with people in NYC who definitely did do heroin. We know she had a (boy)friend who died of a heroin overdose ... we know she worked with recovering addicts ... it's not far-fetched to assume that she's at least tried it.

She said that FIILY is her "most dishonest" song (as in, she said it wasn't about her). I don't believe that, and think she said it because she knew that admitting it was about her would raise awkward questions about drug use.

There have also been various accounts from people who worked with her that she used to do coke before every show; especially during the Endless Summer tour.

I don't believe in that "most dishonest" thing one bit tbh. great minds think alike.

and i could totally see her doing coke to prep for a show.

giphy.gif

I didn't know she had a boyfriend who did heroin and died. How sad. I guess her song "heroin" is about him. 

I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, and the weather outside the first time I heard Body Electric. It blew my mind upon first listen to the point where I turned to my friend and was like "who is this???"

UGH good memories

negAbhB.png

Who said this?

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

It's still confuse to me why/how Lana has so many unreleased songs... Especially the pre-BTD ones, why so many wasted material?

She had the acess to record sessions that seem so expensive and laborious even without having a prediction of when they would be released?

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

It's still confuse to me why/how Lana has so many unreleased songs... Especially the pre-BTD ones, why so many wasted material?

She had the acess to record sessions that seem so expensive and laborious even without having a prediction of when they would be released?

I think she is doing the same thing as Prince was doing.

She is probably keeping all those songs in a secret vault , ONLY to be released after her death. lol

Prince was an amazing (and genious) artist+musician. He used to record a new song once every 2 days !

He wrote the lyrics, sang them and then played ALL of the instruments by himself, AND he mastered all the

tracks in the studio all by himself. It´s unreal.  He is like 50 people all rolled up into one.

Imagine the 2,000++ songs he recorded and were never released !?!

In about 100 years from now, people will look back at Prince´s music and wil consider him the Mozart of our time.

He was indeed a musical genious.

I bet Lana Del Rey has more than 1,000 songs hidden in a vault , that we never heard before !

-

this would be a dream come true for me

9edabd0361de32d1202ce70b27410cf6.jpg

tbh I dont think lana has the taste to be interested in our Amy. If she looked into Amys solo work (which is more piano ballard focused) I have no doubt she would LOVE it, but with what music Lana has shown interested in, I doubt Evanescence would be on the list unfortunately. 

At least Amy love's lana's work though <3

tbh I dont think lana has the taste to be interested in our Amy. If she looked into Amys solo work (which is more piano ballard focused) I have no doubt she would LOVE it, but with what music Lana has shown interested in, I doubt Evanescence would be on the list unfortunately. 

At least Amy love's lana's work though <3

I could see Lana liking certain song, more on the piano side. Like My Immortal, Good Enough, maybe even Lose Control.

Imagine Lana covering Snow White Queen, WHEW

negAbhB.png

hi I’m fairly new to lanaboards and idk where to ask this but I’ve been struggling with putting on a profile pic because the photo I choose is always “too large”.

so I was wondering if anyone could help w this :crai:

hi I’m fairly new to lanaboards and idk where to ask this but I’ve been struggling with putting on a profile pic because the photo I choose is always “too large”.

so I was wondering if anyone could help w this :crai:

I hate this requirement so much. I always find the best picture but I have to resize it to look like sh*t just to upload it.

I use Paint on my computer to resize it until it's at or below 100kbs or whatever the maximum is. (I check the image size in its properties when I right click it in my documents wherever ive saved it)

Or if you don't know how to do that it might be easier to find a image resizer/compressor tool online or an app. Some you have to keep resizing until you have the right file size, or some let you choose the file size.