Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

We all do have trust issues regarding lanz, don't we?

Kinda. I check the facts when she says something and exact dates and snippets are almost certain indicators of that thing happening when it’s supposed to. But other than those, I don’t get my hopes too high.

I wonder if Lana is gonna do another 2012-2015 and release something every year for a while.

It's a shame it won't be the same quality but I'm still grateful. Something is coming only a year after NFR? If it actually does get released this year, what else could we ask for tbh?

Me before I saw all the Instagram drama

Like releasing the poetry album date already.

for the first book at least. cuz we know nothing about violet’s date yet she said the institution one is coming next march. like girl-

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Imagine Lana just sitting in her bed and planning merch and vinyl colours for us.

She won’t be planning anything for us after Interacting with those rude insta stans

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Y’all act like before LFL Lana wasn’t just pumping out annual masterpieces

I don't get why people here don't like LFL.

Like for god's sake the 2nd half of it is absolutely gorgeous!!! We have CWIMM, GBAAATBWII, BPBP, TNC, WTWWAWWKD, Heroin, Change and Get Free - some of the best songs in her entire discography!!!!!

original.gif

Y’all act like before LFL Lana wasn’t just pumping out annual masterpieces

Lust For Life isn’t a bad album by any means, it’s just not cohesive, which is what we’ve come to expect from Lana. To me, it feels almost like a compilation album. I feel like it has a little of all her previous works (even AKA), which is why I agree with the theory about it being the end of a “cycle” and Norman being the start of a new one.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Lust For Life isn’t a bad album by any means, it’s just not cohesive, which is what we’ve come to expect from Lana. To me, it feels almost like a compilation album. I feel like it has a little of all her previous works (even AKA), which is why I agree with the theory about it being the end of a “cycle” and Norman being the start of a new one.

I love the demos to most of the songs from LFL, but if the album had sounded like that, nobody except us would have listened to it (and we know that Interscope became very involved with LFL after the poor numbers of HM). It would have been a super airy project, but probably one lacking something. 

There's just one thing I really don't like and that's been ocurring for the last years - her live performances.

Like, it's not that I don't like them, I just don't like the fact that we can hear the studio version louder than her actual voice. I miss the 2012/2013 live performances where the only thing we could hear was the instruments and Lana's voice. Now she skips verses, we hear the studio version louder than her actual voice, that's not nice. 

original.gif

There's just one thing I really don't like and that's been ocurring for the last years - her live performances.

Like, it's not that I don't like them, I just don't like the fact that we can hear the studio version louder than her actual voice. I miss the 2012/2013 live performances where the only thing we could hear was the instruments and Lana's voice. Now she skips verses, we hear the studio version louder than her actual voice, that's not nice. 

Can't argue with that. She is uneven from one venue to the other. Sometimes, she's on top and other nights, not so much. I know she considers herself more of an «album singer» rather than a «live singer», but still. To her defense, doing festival tours sure doesn't help have the best volume to her voice, when these things are an orgy of singers or groups going one after the other with little to no time for audio adjustments that weren't  predetermined in rehearsals. 

true, but i'd argue that she hit her live vocal peak in 2014-2015, and most of the 2016 performances were quite good too. From 2017 on it's been a downgrade

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i know this is unrealistic but PLEASE no more backup dancers...  :angie:

And PLEASE live vocals without the studio version underneath

original.gif

please we just want some drums... we will literally shut the fuck up if there are drums.... PLEASE

and a  Ukulele song version :)

What happened to White Hot Forever... didn't love the title but I still liked it more than the Chemtrails one. WTF is this. Is she trolling or trying to be 'political' again?

She is being totally political.

Lana Del Rey for President 2021  :D  

-