Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

One day soon she'll do a career retrospective like Tori Amos's 'A Piano,' and then we'll get songs/tracks like 'Yosemite,' 'RBFY,' the 'political songs' she left off LFL, some of the material deleted from UV, etc. Kate Bush has also released such a large set.

Omg be still my heart. A Piano is a great collection and I’d love if Lana gave us something like that eventuallly.

Creativity is a compulsion, and I honestly doubt she'd ever be able to stay away from music for a long period of time.

It's easier to keep making music as a solo artist than it is as part of a band, generally. A band is obviously dependent on multiple people being willing and able to 1. get along, and 2. participate in the creative process, and that almost never happens over the span of a lifetime.

I want all the music forever and ever and EVER.

:smile4:

Also can everyone please stop talking about snippets; I feel like she's gonna drop one the moment she thinks it's "safe" to do so.

I hope she doesn't do her snippet things either. Reminds me of the annoying leakers who teased members here with their posting of 30 seconds clips. That's what ruined "Your Girl" for me.  :smh: 

The review of the DT cover ... I read no lies

A shame that the writer didn't seem to know that she was in fact even more lazy than they thought, and used a rando selfie from a show almost a year prior.

:eek2:

But I can’t imagine her dropping a date without having consulted with Interscope first.

:coffee: 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think she’s kinda lost her spark tbh. Her other albums are so unique and powerful. No one but Lana Del Rey could make an album like Ultraviolence, for example.

Meanwhile NFR was just so plain, generic. Tbh I find it boring. I understand she’s matured and it would ridiculous to expect her to just do one thing her whole career. She was a troubled young woman during her early career and her music reflected that, now she’s calmed down a lot, and the music reflects that too.

I feel like some people confuse maturity, or lyrical maturity, with watering down content and just more generic/tame lyrics. There were cringy lyrics on all her albums, 'NFR!' was not exception to that, but 'NFR!' did lack that spark or oomph. Just kinda plain or beige

She should just do an album of unreleased songs that are already floating around. Just put them out in one single package so then everyone can shut up about them lol. She knows her fans already know them all, tho, so she might not see a point.

Anyways I’m hoping for a single maybe around the Fourth of July, she usually had been putting out the lead a couple months before the album drop (except for NFR that was about a two year rollout)

hehe this made me giggle, she really played with our hearts like that huh

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189