Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I just hope we get a boxset this time.

We got one for each album (I only own the LFL one) and then she slapped us in the face by not releasing one for NFR.

im still pissed off for not having a nfr boxset

since im a huge collector and i have all of her boxes it pisses me off to be cut off by nfr ugh

If she at least re-released the lyric book and Paradise tour book. It was her only tour book, right?

Interscope should make something for the new era...

should we say that to ed on his ig? 

she has three books (brown leather, green, blue)

but they were sold out years ago

she rly needs to release a new one instead of her venice bitch cropped tops they were so random like they'd fit the surf shop why are they on her official merch smh

:smile3:

im still pissed off for not having a nfr boxset

since im a huge collector and i have all of her boxes it pisses me off to be cut off by nfr ugh

should we say that to ed on his ig?

she has three books (brown leather, green, blue)

but they were sold out years ago

she rly needs to release a new one instead of her venice bitch cropped tops they were so random like they'd fit the surf shop why are they on her official merch smh

I don't follow any of her managers, but I agree we should say to them what we would like to have in the merch store. Let's be real: those crop tops are ugly as hell (and I love to wear cropped shirts to hang out on summer)

original.gif

I don't follow any of her managers, but I agree we should say to them what we would like to have in the merch store. Let's be real: those crop tops are ugly as hell (and I love to wear cropped shirts to hang out on summer)

i hate her tops but im a collector aka cursed

they're ugly and looks cheap yet they're so expensive i've bought one for $50 and it worth $10 it looks really really cheap 

i think we really need to tell her managers 

:smile3:

i hate her tops but im a collector aka cursed

they're ugly and looks cheap yet they're so expensive i've bought one for $50 and it worth $10 it looks really really cheap

i think we really need to tell her managers

OMG they're really horrible hahahahaha

I never said anything, good to find someone who thinks they're ugly too.

They're not worth even $20. $50 is simply insane!

original.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDAjw9Ljrw

"Lana Del Rey has Lana Del LOST IT"

40min of analyzing lanas recent behavior hmm  :creep:

Thanks VeniceBambi.

Very interesting to hear/see that video. 

Each person will always have their opinion(s) and may find a deep need to make a long video about it.

Why the need for such a video ?

There has already been too much talk about it. A biilion words written about it across the internet.

Let´s just rest it in its place in history. Let us move on.

Like Bono (from U2) used to tell their fans at their concerts... " There´s been too much talk about this next song....

This is not a rebel song... this song is Sunday Bloody Sunday "   

- h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

I can't believe the news today

Oh, I can't close my eyes

And make it go away

How long?

How long must we sing this song?

How long, how long?

'Cause tonight, we can be as one

Tonight

-

Thanks VeniceBambi.

Very interesting to hear/see that video. 

Each person will always have their opinion(s) and may find a deep need to make a long video about it.

Why the need for such a video ?

There has already been too much talk about it. A biilion words written about it across the internet.

Let´s just rest it in its place in history. Let us move on.

Like Bono (from U2) used to tell their fans at their concerts... " There´s been too much talk about this next song....

This is not a rebel song... this song is Sunday Bloody Sunday "   

- h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

I can't believe the news today

Oh, I can't close my eyes

And make it go away

How long?

How long must we sing this song?

How long, how long?

'Cause tonight, we can be as one

Tonight

I actually like watching longer videos that go through the topic/controversy completely, even if it seems late- all the better to get the perspectives. 

I think there is a need for these videos (I haven't watched it yet but I'm about to so I might correct myself if I'm wrong later and the video sucks), because watching something like this can help me navigate through the billions of words written on the topic.

I like watching things like this when Im done talking about it. It helps me level out my final opinion and then move on. I hate leaving my last thought on comments that can be read differently to how the person intended them to be heard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDAjw9Ljrw

"Lana Del Rey has Lana Del LOST IT"

40min of analyzing lanas recent behavior hmm  :creep:

It's a good video, I watched the whole thing. 

The only thing I don't agree with is that she strategically did this to get more attention for her album. 

I think what she expected was responses from her fans like:

"Yay Lana is taking back her voice and is gonna sing about her fragility like she used to! Can't wait for the new album" (which is what I foolishly first thought when I first saw the post, despite feeling a bit strange about the opening sentence)

Not the response she got from the wider community like:"Lana is trying to promote her new album with a huge controversy on feminism and race".I don't think she expected that at all and she is probably more worried about her career than ever, despite saying it's not affecting her. 

His other analysis is really good though, like her reactions and especially how he goes through the video she posted. On point!

I love Kehlani, but she was 100% just tryna get cool points off Lana. And tinashe...well she’s gotta make people remember she exists somehow. Lana was reckless for posting that, but They could have easily privately hit lana up, especially since they were claiming her making it public was dangerous. So like...why bring even more attention to it?

But anyways if I were Lana I’d be locking myself in the house right now and not coming out or going online for a long while.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I love Kehlani, but she was 100% just tryna get cool points off Lana. And tinashe...well she’s gotta make people remember she exists somehow. Lana was reckless for posting that, but They could have easily privately hit lana up, especially since they were claiming her making it public was dangerous. So like...why bring even more attention to it?

But anyways if I were Lana I’d be locking myself in the house right now and not coming out or going online for a long while.

I know this is not the right thread, but here I go.

Not for nothing, I thought that Tinashe’s approach to having Lana take down that video was a bit silly. I agree that Lana shouldn’t have posted that video in the first place, that was very clumsy and insensitive on her part. However, calling her out on Twitter over it was counterproductive. I very much think that Tinashe felt like this video was actually harmful, but by making it so public she definitely brought unwanted attention to the video and prompted people to look up for it, like the whole point was to avoid these people getting recognized, yet she indirectly promoted it. :rip:

I honestly believe that it would’ve been much smarter for her to DM Lana in private and be like "Yo Lana, you should take down your video, because it’s actually harmful and you're putting these people’s lives at risk", I’m sure Lana would’ve taken it down anyway, and rightly so.

To me this just goes to show that call out/gatekeeping culture can sometimes actually be counterproductive.

I hope the good sis releases a single in the next month or so to divert all this negative attention she's been receiving lately into what she actually does best: make music.

It's funny how tinashe reacted almost immediately like she was expecting to drag her for a reason.. Cause after all I don't think Lana is of the most powerful celebrities like Beyonce or Rihanna

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I just can't stand Kehlani and Tinashe acting like they're the moral supremes when they literally also were posting pictures of protesters where they are clearly identifiable...