Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I'm wondering if there is a thread for this already... 

I wanna discuss Lana being deep and mysterious vs. straight forward and basic

I came across this old interview not long ago, and at 4:55 she starts explaining that she is "kind of as basic as it gets". 

I remember hearing in another old interview.. she was asked why she never smiles in professional photos and she said the photographers always asked her not to smile, or never asked her too. Can't remember which one. 

Now it's got me thinking, is Lana only seen as deep and mysterious because that is something people want to see out of her? Has she been put into this mystery box by others, without choosing that for herself?

I first thought about her being elusive and deep from her BTD album, but it might all be in Emiles production. After all, the demos are mostly the same vocals, but give a completely different vibe- not mysterious at all, and much more 'regular pop'. 

Even in the words she chose to speak, she still seemed mysterious and elusive right up until after Honeymoon. Perhaps she was only like that because she wanted to choose her words carefully to avoid criticism.

Whatever it is, she might be back to her real self ever since the new album. And when people have thought of her now as 'basic' and boring and 'off', perhaps this really is her. Most of this discussion has come out since NFR, so?? What do you think?

Was she ever actually mysterious? Did she ever want to be seen like that? Or was she playing along with what other's said she was, and now she's back to who she was before? Have I been a bad fan for wanting back the old Lana when she never really existed?

@@Ultra Violet

I don't think you're a bad fan.

Is L.D.R. mysterious or is she basic? Maybe a little of both; she is after all, just a person. Was all, or at least some, of her glamour and cinematic allure just a contrivance from her Team? Possibly; she's in show business after all; she's a singer; a performer...

I think that L.D.R. provides personal imformation during interviews according to the vibe she gets from the interviewer, and when I listened to the interview that you included in your post, it didn't seem like L.D.R. was very enthusiastic about spilling her guts.

I must admit that Lana Del Rey does seem somewhat more Plain Jane-style since NFR, and NFR is my least favorite L.D.R. album; but when I listen to Hope Is a Dangerous Thing, at least to me, Lana sounds like the same gloomy girl she was when I first heard Summertime Sadness...

It's still confuse to me why/how Lana has so many unreleased songs... Especially the pre-BTD ones, why so many wasted material?

She had the acess to record sessions that seem so expensive and laborious even without having a prediction of when they would be released?

I think she's just very prolific tbh. She differs from a lot of more mainstream (ik she's pretty mainstream but not quite there) artists in that their albums tend to be much more manufactured, songs not written at all by the artist, much more of a given direction etc. Lana during the Lizzy period (and BTD to an extent) seemed the opposite - much more throw a bunch of songs at the wall and see what sticks. I think she's a lot more confident in what she writes now and knows what works and what doesn't, but her having the say she does over her albums and the direction they go inevitably mean she could change her mind on a whim and scrap any number of songs and add some older unreleased ones

locals only

I hate this requirement so much. I always find the best picture but I have to resize it to look like sh*t just to upload it.

I use Paint on my computer to resize it until it's at or below 100kbs or whatever the maximum is. (I check the image size in its properties when I right click it in my documents wherever ive saved it)

Or if you don't know how to do that it might be easier to find a image resizer/compressor tool online or an app. Some you have to keep resizing until you have the right file size, or some let you choose the file size.

thanks so much! i’ll try it right now :)

hi I’m fairly new to lanaboards and idk where to ask this but I’ve been struggling with putting on a profile pic because the photo I choose is always “too large”.

so I was wondering if anyone could help w this :crai:

The picture AVATAR you use must be at least in the size 200 x200  and below 100 kbs.

Cheers

-

Honeymoon - Lana Del Rey

We could cruise to the blues

Wilshire Boulevard, if we CHOOSE

Or whatever you wanna do

We make the RULES

DAN AUERBACH replied to Lana's Honeymoon track in the song below :

Get Yourself Together - The Black Keys

And I'll do, I'll do whatever you do

You can CHOOSE, make up all the RULES

Lana actually wrote Honeymoon about Dan Auerbach. They were involved in a hot and heavy affair which was hidden from the world. The Italian spaghetti was a distraction from the real affair that was going on Behind The Scenes

God please reunite these 2 musical geniuses and bless us with ULTRAVIOLENCE II :crying4:

Is this a real alternative version of PWIC or is it fake?

The uploader says in the comments that it's a fan edit! You can also hear the bleed from the drums and guitars at some points (plus the filtered acapella sound).

It's cute though! 

3lfQEhw.png

The uploader says in the comments that it's a fan edit! You can also hear the bleed from the drums and guitars at some points (plus the filtered acapella sound).

It's cute though! 

Thanks! I didn't see the comment. I just saw the main title. I'm not saving it if it's not real though. 

Want Lana to work with Nicki Minaj so bad. She works sooo well with hip hop acts, and Nicki is a musical genius/chameleon in her own right.

Gosh that’s my dream collab.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Does anyone remember that photoshopped pic of Lana on a swing and theres flowers on her and the swing? it was a fan edit she reposted onto her IG awhile back but I cant find it :(

Try Google-Image-Search with the words... lana del rey on a swing

You will see many of her pictures

original.jpg

22513b84e97bea973ac37fe516ad3043.jpg

-

Realistically, how many unreleased songs are we missing? I mean, there's only so much she could have recorded, right?

the "songs we dont have" thread should give a general idea, however that is mostly stuff that is comfirmed/rumored to be real and doesn't account for things nobody knows about yet, and/or stuff that hasn't got in any one's hands yet. we didn't know about songs such as serene queen, dreamgirl, bad boy, freak like me, until they leaked or we got snippets, it's hard to say for sure how many songs we're missing but there's definitely still stuff out there. i think a user here said that there is about 50 tracks circulating. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Yes yes ofc I didn't want to know the exact Number of songs we are missing, but just a general idea.. I mean, like if some more 100/150 were to leak in the future I'd be surprised. Did this bitch even have a life? Lol jokes apart, I really can't conceive how a single human individual could create so much, and have a perfectly good output on many occasions. I really admire her and Charli XCX so much, they're are so prolific. Ofc someone who is in the field may think this is normal or common, but a as a person who lacks this kind of talent it always amazes me how a single mind could produce so much.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Honeymoon - Lana Del Rey

We could cruise to the blues

Wilshire Boulevard, if we CHOOSE

Or whatever you wanna do

We make the RULES

DAN AUERBACH replied to Lana's Honeymoon track in the song below :

Get Yourself Together - The Black Keys

And I'll do, I'll do whatever you do

You can CHOOSE, make up all the RULES

Lana actually wrote Honeymoon about Dan Auerbach. They were involved in a hot and heavy affair which was hidden from the world. The Italian spaghetti was a distraction from the real affair that was going on Behind The Scenes

God please reunite these 2 musical geniuses and bless us with ULTRAVIOLENCE II :crying4:

that's interesting, I wonder if it's true

Lana's old friend Jaime King is granted a restraining order against soon to be ex-husband Kyle Newmon (no secret that Lana and Jaime have not been as close since 2013) 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8337561/Jaime-King-looks-gaunt-steps-filing-divorce-Kyle-Newman.html

Jesus Christ she looks awful. What did this man do to her? I hope Lana and her can be friends again. Jaime looks like she needs a fried right now.