Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

don't know if this like common knowledge but found this rap song from 2011 called "last day alive" by daniel jordan that uses the same instrumental as daytona meth/hollywood movie/party girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZUCpTnazDU

thought it was kinda cool, i wonder if she got the instrumental from a royalty free beats website or something since this song doesn't have any producer credits either. maybe then the other laptop demos that we don't know the producers of have their instrumentals floating around somewhere online  :flutter:

I have to live with the fact that HM and NFR don't have outtakes :poordat:

As for as I know there are some NFR! outtakes which sounding more like Lust for Life the title track but in the end, there were more songs in an "acoustic vein", so those more girl-group sounding songs didn't make the cut. But it is unknown how many outtakes from NFR! exists

Radio 107.7 The End, Seattle, October 4th(?):

"Was anything left behind?"

"Yessss ... like, there were some real big like 60s shangri las pop stuff kinda like the title track of my last album, Lust for Life ... which I was trying to do like, a bit of a girl group sound ... I thought it was either gonna go kinda like hip-hop girl group or, like, something a little more acoustic. And in the end, there were just more songs that were like that. And I think the next album, whatever that ends up being, will still be more in this realm 'cos I'm having so much fun."

Found this at the WHF timeline made by @@Clampigirl (thank you for doing the timeline!!) 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Is there a detailed timeline for Lana's hair transformation in 2010-11? I feel like one second she was medium length blonde and then at some point she went auburn and her hair was suddenly long and fuller. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Is there a detailed timeline for Lana's hair transformation in 2010-11? I feel like one second she was medium length blonde and then at some point she went auburn and her hair was suddenly long and fuller. 

she probably just dyed it and got extensions?

~INSTA1.gif

i'm reading "My Dark Vanessa" since someone recommended it and i'm actually shocked at the numbers of things that reminds me of BTD Lana?????? The teacher-student relationship, the red-auburn hair of the protagonist, the teacher teaching English, the references to Whitman, poetry, the cherry coke cans he buy when she comes over for the first time, her mentioning loons waking her up during the summer, the whole story happening at a boarding school, him giving her Lolita to read, him telling her to call him Daddy :creep:.... The author literally began writing the book in 2000 and put it out this year...???? WHAT THE HELL!! WE FOUND A GLITCH. i cannot believe this is happening and i'm literally only a few pages in

plot twist: Lana is actually the author

~INSTA1.gif