Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

listening to some deep cuts in anticipation.

SHE WORE BLUEEEEE VELVEEEEET  :defeated: 

next stop: The blackest day  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Perhaps my favorite cover :gclap:

Perhaps my favorite cover :gclap:

although those vocals on TOW was really good too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Off topic but kind of relating to recent speculation-

I think it’s funny when fans talk about blonde hair, trailer park, maybe-prostitute disco mermaid wannabe redneck old school Lizzy like she’s the “real Lana” or something, when she said out her own mouth that that whole era was a phase she now cringes at.

Personally I like Lana Del Rey a lot more than lizzy grant tbh.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I think it’s funny when fans talk about blonde hair, trailer park, maybe-prostitute disco mermaid wannabe redneck old school Lizzy like she’s the “real Lana” or something, when she said out her own mouth that that whole era was a phase she now cringes at.

I like Lizzy’s look and aesthetic, but I much prefer Lana’s.

Although I was thinking the other day, if ‘Lana Del Rey’ never came to exist (as in BTD up to now) and one day I randomly stumbled upon the AKA album from some random girl named Lizzy Grant who released 1 flop album then dipped, it would still be in my fave top 5 albums of all time. That album is amazing to me even without the Lana connection

RVhKIwP.gif

as someone who is a really big fan of that era, and the aesthetic and music that came from it, i think it would be silly to assume that is the real, authetic lana currently, i do feel like at that time (around 2007-2009) that was the aesthetic she enjoyed and i think that was authetic for her at that time, but she's changed as an artist and she's a grown woman. i think it would be a little silly for her to still be singing about being a trailer park darling, trashy redneck, or a lolita. i think people have been making the connection recently because of the blonde hair, and also her nails, the tacky baseball mom hat and 4th of july decorations, and her bamboo hoops. 

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

I like Lizzy’s look and aesthetic, but I much prefer Lana’s.

Although I was thinking the other day, if ‘Lana Del Rey’ never came to exist (as in BTD up to now) and one day I randomly stumbled upon the AKA album from some random girl named Lizzy Grant who released 1 flop album then dipped, it would still be in my fave top 5 albums of all time. That album is amazing to me even without the Lana connection

yeah the music wasn’t bad, even Lana said she’s proud of it and would remaster/rerelease it.

I just think it’s interesting/strange how certain fans act like that girl is the “real her” and Lana Del Rey is some illusion created by her and her record label. Or they talk about Lizzy and Lana as if they’re two separate people lol.

Like nah that’s her, just younger and with fried hair lol.

Anyways this is off topic, I’m just ~musing~

as someone who is a really big fan of that era, and the aesthetic and music that came from it, i think it would be silly to assume that is the real, authetic lana currently, i do feel like at that time (around 2007-2009) that was the aesthetic she enjoyed and i think that was authetic for her at that time, but she's changed as an artist and she's a grown woman. i think it would be a little silly for her to still be singing about being a trailer park darling, trashy redneck, or a lolita. i think people have been making the connection recently because of the blonde hair, and also her nails, the tacky baseball mom hat and 4th of july decorations, and her bamboo hoops.

exactly!! I think that’s who she was when she was 24 years old, but like...that was ten years ago lol.

Idek I’ve just seen some people on twitter saying like “oh the real her is finally coming back!!” when I feel like she’s never really been untrue about who/what she is.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

Here's my ranking of each album's title that no one asked for:

-Norman Fucking Rockwell! (extremely iconic)

-Honeymoon

-Ultraviolence

-Chemtrails Over The Country Club

-Lust For Life

-Born To Die

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Which Unreleased song feels like your guilty pleasure?

Mine is Hit & Run

I don't know why I love it so much but it sounds so early 2000s, and kinda Lady Gagaish and reminds me of the time I discovered it in my final year of high school and I would listen to it and pretend I was not a model student and in fact a crazy bombshell who drives round town  :thumb:

It used to make me act like a thot and grab a guy and go on a crime spree lmaooo

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Ee8jKjuUwAIpFza.jpg

:derpna2:

ughhhh this is so gross. being depressed and addicted to drugs isn't "aesthetic". it's not cute or something to be romanticized. and they talk about her like she's some sort of product or aesthetic to be sold which is also gross.

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

i'm listening to i talk to jesus...when did she live in alabama?? i thought it was new york/new jersey and then california? her past confuses me. 

yeah because we definitely wanna see lana del rey battling an eating disorder, chain smoking cigarettes and using hard drugs because the aesthetic is immaculate!!! :crai:

was there ever any sort of confirmation on this, or what it just speculation? cause i always thought she had one leading up to born to die through the uv era

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137