Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

The whole Kanye thing was just unconscious opportunism. It still hurts that I had to agree with Azealia Banks about something

Nah Fuck AB. I’m sorry but there are things that makes sense but this isn’t one of them. She supported trump openly, was transphobic, racist and discriminatory. Lana is not any of those things and does not deserve to be in the same sentence y’all are on drugs. 

I leave for one day and come back to this. :horror:

faSE.gif

38 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

Nah Fuck AB. I’m sorry but there are things that make sense but this isn’t one of them. She supported trump openly, was transphobic, racist and discriminatory. Lana is not any of those things and does not deserve to be in the same sentence y’all are on drugs. 

I leave for one day and come back to this. :horror:

Azealia first point was:

"Wow okay Lana, this would be cute if you were consistent with your outrage and refused to collab with ASAP rocky who has physically assaulted women too. To me this just looks like the typical White woman taking using a weakened target to ‘pretend’ to be an ally” 

I don't agree with anything that she said after that, but she had a point. Lana could have talked with Kanye in private or made a post on her social media about how sad it is seeing artists that she admire supporting Trump (without name dropping for the lord's sake).

Instead, she went straight to Kanye's page declaring that his support to Trump was a "loss for the culture". It's easy shooting a man when he's already down. Lana got the fame to be anti Trump while he declined even more in the public's eye.

Lana is always cherry picking her causes. She never openly showed support to any liberal agenda (she doesn't have to, but it's easy pointing fingers to the ones that are open about their beliefs when you're keeping yours private). 

One of the reasons that she gave to her position was Trump's misconduct. Didn't she after that had a collab with Børns and Jared Leto? Attended a homophobic church? Smells like double standards for me.

I don't think that her opportunism was conscious. But she should think twice and avoid talking about politics unless she develops stronger values and it's ready to live for it

Damn guys, my post really provoked you to reply. I respect your opinion and this is the last time I'm going off topic so don't ban me lol. I don't want to quote everyone so I won't clog the thread but here's my take on the Kanye thing. Btw I'm obsessed with Wildflower Wildfire?️?.

I'm surrounded by people with very different views, literally from typical European libertarians, to pro authoritarian left and right wingers so here at least distancing from someone because of political views is weird. We're usually friends with people who share our opinion. I didn't want to date a guy because he literally framed Hitler's portrait in his bedroom lmao so I'm guilty of doing that because it's just too sick and radical. I don't think that division is a good thing because people are never able to unite on a rainy day. America is a often used as a bad example how its citizens are divided based on political views. Also, let's not act like Biden is better than Trump, he's just as bad as him, a wolf in sheep's clothing, a pedo, a racist and a fascist who's trying to appeal to Gen Z and young millenials. 

I'm aware that artists and young people are liberals, that wasn't the problem, I identify as a centrist btw. The problem is the literal eco chamber among celebrities and the fear of having slightly different opinions. We saw how the public reacts to Lana being a liberal but slightly deviating from the stereotypical pop star strong independent woman vibe. I wouldn't be surprised that she ditched Kanye in fear of being seen to be same as him. I've seen so much bullshit accusations of Lana being a racist because she likes the retro aesthetic. I'm just saying that it's toxic for people to hate each other so much and accuse others of horrible things based on zero evidence. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

17 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Azealia first point was:

"Wow okay Lana, this would be cute if you were consistent with your outrage and refused to collab with ASAP rocky who has physically assaulted women too. To me this just looks like the typical White woman taking using a weakened target to ‘pretend’ to be an ally” 

I don't agree with anything that she said after that, but she had a point. Lana could have talked with Kanye in private or made a post on her social media about how sad it is seeing artists that she admire supporting Trump (without name dropping for the lord's sake).

And then Azealia goes to the FKA twigs post where she poses with Rocky and says how much she loves FKA while ignoring how ASAP physically assaulted women. Later this happened:
467256?v=1607820778
You can't bring Azealia on these topics. She is VERY problematic, to say the least.

23 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Spoiler

my mistake lol

Spoiler

Azelia first point was:

Instead, she went straight to Kanye's page declaring that his support to Trump was a "loss for the culture". It's easy shooting a man when he's already down. Lana got the fame to be anti Trump while he declined even more in the public's eye.

Lana is always cherry picking her causes. She never openly showed support to any liberal agenda (she doesn't have to, but it's easy pointing fingers to the ones that are open about their beliefs when you're keeping yours private). 

One of the reasons that she gave to her position was Trump's misconduct. Didn't she after that had a collab with Børns and Jared Leto? Attended a homophobic church? Smells like double standards for me.

I don't think that her opportunism was conscious. But she should think twice and avoid talking about politics unless she develops stronger values and it's ready to live for it

I wanted to say that but it would be such a long essay. I don't like this term but it describes her perfectly, she's not a feminist™, she's a white feminist. She's one of those celebs that would be better off being silent than continuing to contradict herself. Lana babe, just say you love gays and get back to writings songs. I cringed sp much when I read her argument with dating rappers = black people. 

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

How would we feel about a whole album of songs similar to:

• Kill Kill
  • Doin’ Time
  • Florida Kilos
  • West Coast (Alternate/Radio) Mix

aka summer, beachy, tropical songs?

I would feel very good about that :smile:

8 hours ago, shady said:

Dumping Kanye over being a republican? Kanye is batshit crazy but it's pretty disturbing if you decide that people who vote for a different party don't deserve to be friends with you.

a lot of words to say you’re republican too and wanna be friends with bigots :awkney:

why are y’all even discussing some stupid stuff that happened 4 years ago and politics literally who cares. either talk about BB or lock this thread cause this is clearly going nowhere and it’s been like that for 2 weeks now:um3:

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

a lot of words to say you’re republican too and wanna be friends with bigots :awkney:

Bestie I'm from Europe. I feel like Lana now for being accused of being republican :ohsnap:

1 hour ago, Writer In The Dark said:

You can't bring Azealia on these topics. She is VERY problematic, to say the least.

She still made a point

Let's forget about all of this. It's in the past, Lana is releasing new music, Trump was defeated, Azealia is taking care of herself, Kanye is doing I don't know what...

Leak UFB

I completely understand why she doesn't want to talk about the latest singles but I'm feeling kinda ripped off that we never got any COCC post-release explanatory notes in the form of interviews or anything. I know she talked about Yosemite way back, but I would've liked to hear why she decided to put it on COCC, how it evolved, etc. It's just a bit sad - for her and for us - that the COCC era really passed without any iconic photo shoots, etc. I'm sure they took more pics up at that house so where are they? Idk I just feel grumpy and need a nap

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

WHERE IS THIS BITCH 

like I get her sister is about to give birth anyday now but still she got an album out in less than a month

WHERE :trisha: IS :raven: THIS :bebe: BITCH :monica:

at this point im not expecting any music videos or physicals till after release 55k debut here we come!!!! :angie:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

25 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I completely understand why she doesn't want to talk about the latest singles but I'm feeling kinda ripped off that we never got any COCC post-release explanatory notes in the form of interviews or anything. I know she talked about Yosemite way back, but I would've liked to hear why she decided to put it on COCC, how it evolved, etc. It's just a bit sad - for her and for us - that the COCC era really passed without any iconic photo shoots, etc. I'm sure they took more pics up at that house so where are they? Idk I just feel grumpy and need a nap

I feel like Lana doesn't really associate with the album or nonetheless really like it :runs: she never said anything relatively positive about it, minimal videos, interviews, photoshoots, posts.

I think in May 2020 quarantine + Mother's Day really fucked with her and she started making the darker family related tracks for BB while being mostly done with COCC, so she took pieces from that and replaced them with older tracks (Yosemite, Wanderlust) and in the end COCC ended up as this record about going nowhere that goes nowhere that she just released cause it was done. and that ontop of her already being halfway done with the next album Interscope and her managers just let her drop it and move onto the next thing 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

You all need to stop talking to Satan and start talking to Jesus, Amen! qywi1fxkq8041.jpg

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

28 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I feel like Lana doesn't really associate with the album or nonetheless really like it :runs: she never said anything relatively positive about it, minimal videos, interviews, photoshoots, posts.

I think in May 2020 quarantine + Mother's Day really fucked with her and she started making the darker family related tracks for BB while being mostly done with COCC, so she took pieces from that and replaced them with older tracks (Yosemite, Wanderlust) and in the end COCC ended up as this record about going nowhere that goes nowhere that she just released cause it was done. and that ontop of her already being halfway done with the next album Interscope and her managers just let her drop it and move onto the next thing 

Yes I think this is spot on, and then she went through her I-love-Nikki phase which she is still somewhat in

Can she have an I-love-Weyes-Blood or I-love-Florence-Welch phase, though?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream