Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, shady said:

Dumping Kanye over being a republican? Kanye is batshit crazy but it's pretty disturbing if you decide that people who vote for a different party don't deserve to be friends with you. 

divide and conquer, politics, wars, sports, covid :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, shady said:

This is so true and probably one of the worst trends in pop culture. It creates this eco chamber where out of touch celebs say the same thing and pet themselves on the back for being so brave and moral. I would prefer the majority of celebs being "airheads" with only a few who genuinely care about politics than this. The ratings of the Oscars and Grammys shows how the public reacts to bullshit but they can't seem to get it. This has gone so far that celebs have become propaganda tools. How moral is a celeb who knowingly has young fans like Ariana and Billie and encourages them to vote for a democrat president and have a certain ideology? They're all for equality but don't bother to tour everywhere else that isn't the US, UK, west Europe, Japan and AUS.

As for Lana, she isn't far from them. She's trying to jump on the bandwagon but fails to catch the train. Dumping Kanye over being a republican? Kanye is batshit crazy but it's pretty disturbing if you decide that people who vote for a different party don't deserve to be friends with you. She reacted so poorly when people joked that she was a republican instead of laughing it off like in that furry livestream. She can still be a democrat but expressing it in a different way would suit her more. She doesn't seem radical at all giving by her her QPTC statement but I understand the pressure from her environment. 

Honestly I agree with everything but this part. I think it's okay to distance yourself from people who have different political views provided you let people have an opinion about things you may not agree on. For example, I'm pro-choice and I know there are people out there who are pro-life, but after all, they're people who are allowed to have an opinion, even if that opinion is damaging (but hey, it's a great opportunity to have a debate). Yeah it sucks to admit, but that's life and that's how humans work.
At the end of the day, we can't force people to think the same way as us. It's quite literally impossible and you have to be a realist to truly understand that you can't just 'shun' people from speaking about certain topics that differ from your own, but we can surround ourselves with people who are likeminded to us to achieve inner peace for our own wellbeing  :agree:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

32 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

very weird take

Seriously… if your friend or colleague or whatever sympathizes with an objectively bad party, it doesn’t make your loyalty look cute either :awkney: this thread couldn’t fall further from grace unlike the UFB pre-leak

on topic: not a day goes by without listening to the godly singles several times. The atmosphere she’s created within each one is almost too much to handle. Just thinking how I‘ll listen to NFR and BB back to back is giving me chills.
tenor.gif?itemid=18140969 tenor.gif?itemid=18140969 tenor.gif?itemid=18140969

I‘m glad we still have the album to look forward to, even though the anticipation is killing me

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, shady said:

Dumping Kanye over being a republican? Kanye is batshit crazy but it's pretty disturbing if you decide that people who vote for a different party don't deserve to be friends with you. 

?????

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

21 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Honestly I agree with everything but this part. I think it's okay to distance yourself from people who have different political views provided you let people have an opinion about things you may not agree on. For example, I'm pro-choice and I know there are people out there who are pro-life, but after all, they're people who are allowed to have an opinion, even if that opinion is damaging (but hey, it's a great opportunity to have a debate). Yeah it sucks to admit, but that's life and that's how humans work.
At the end of the day, we can't force people to think the same way as us. It's quite literally impossible and you have to be a realist to truly understand that you can't just 'shun' people from speaking about certain topics that differ from your own, but we can surround ourselves with people who are likeminded to us to achieve inner peace for our own wellbeing  :agree:

rt

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

25 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

The way I see it is (sticking to the abortion example), I can be friends with someone who’s abortion rights view differ from mine, because there’s absolutely no reason for 2 private citizens to engage in heated debate about political topics. If I have a friend who I can have stimulating conversation with on art, music, philosophy, film, etc; why bring up an issue that 50% of the population is divided on?

I’m likely in the minority, but I think such issues should exist only in voting booths, polling stations, and petitions—not in conversations between friends. I think that having conviction in one’s beliefs is great, but if that’s all someone can discuss in social situations, they will never be at peace.  

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

How would we feel about a whole album of songs similar to:

• Kill Kill
  • Doin’ Time
  • Florida Kilos
  • West Coast (Alternate/Radio) Mix

aka summer, beachy, tropical songs?

I’m here for it!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, shady said:

This is so true and probably one of the worst trends in pop culture. It creates this eco chamber where out of touch celebs say the same thing and pet themselves on the back for being so brave and moral. I would prefer the majority of celebs being "airheads" with only a few who genuinely care about politics than this. The ratings of the Oscars and Grammys shows how the public reacts to bullshit but they can't seem to get it. This has gone so far that celebs have become propaganda tools. How moral is a celeb who knowingly has young fans like Ariana and Billie and encourages them to vote for a democrat president and have a certain ideology? They're all for equality but don't bother to tour everywhere else that isn't the US, UK, west Europe, Japan and AUS.

As for Lana, she isn't far from them. She's trying to jump on the bandwagon but fails to catch the train. Dumping Kanye over being a republican? Kanye is batshit crazy but it's pretty disturbing if you decide that people who vote for a different party don't deserve to be friends with you. She reacted so poorly when people joked that she was a republican instead of laughing it off like in that furry livestream. She can still be a democrat but expressing it in a different way would suit her more. She doesn't seem radical at all giving by her her QPTC statement but I understand the pressure from her environment. 

I kind of get what you're saying, but being a Republican is viewed as synonymous with being a racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. so I understand why Lana would be angry that people are calling her a "Republican" or "Lana Del Reycist"

It makes me angry that they do that too, because she's the farthest from those things haha

As for Kanye, and "dumping Kanye over being a Republican," he is not just a Republican, he was a full fledged Trump supporter, along with actually being homophobic and transphobic.

Abortion opinions are one thing, but if you are gay or trans then I don't see how you could be friends with someone who is homophobic/transphobic and doesn't support you and votes for taking away all your human rights.

Why are so many artists showing off that they're democrats/liberal? I mean, its just always been way more common for artists/people in the entertainment industry to be more liberal. Not only that, but young people just tend to be more liberal as well

Not only that, but think about it this way...how many Ariana/Taylor/ Lana fans are gay?

How would it feel if your fav turned out to be Republican and tried to promote their followers to vote for someone who is trying to take away their basic human rights?

Could you really still support them? 

Lana after tricking me to go into the boot of the truck she brought in the middle of the night by promising me there was a bag of Rock Candy Sweets inside.9be08753415bdca5db2aa16b69351633.jpg

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

2 minutes ago, Lightning Bolts said:

Lana after tricking me to go into the boot of the truck she brought in the middle of the night by promising me there was a bag of Rock Candy Sweets inside.9be08753415bdca5db2aa16b69351633.jpg

I'm not even gonna try to understand this but YASSSS !!!!

23 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i shut up for 1 week n all u have left is usa politics discussions and gifs:gurl:

Welcome back bestie!

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm just gonna pretend the June stuff was never a thing and will be looking forward to July, when hopefully this shit better be released by :creep:

Keepin us hot like July forever :creep::creep: 

32 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i shut up for 1 week n all u have left is usa politics discussions and gifs:gurl:

:gclap: