Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

On 10/29/2021 at 3:04 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

i've also only watched like 2 mins of the tropico video :noir: 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:53 AM, honey is that true said:

I've never watched it :slayty:

wtf…., you’re just robbing yourselves…. it’s the most effort i think lanas ever put into a project 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

imagining the magical, troubling serve lust for life could have been, thinking about lana's understanding of alchemy and its association with drugs 

LFL could’ve been so fucking good if she stayed with the direction she was going in. In all honesty I think LFL is a stain on her discography. the era slapped with all the beautiful magazine covers and photo shoots but the album tracks are so horrible…. i don’t listen to anything from that album. every song is a skip except wtwwawwkd and heroin. i loved the album when it first came out but i’m 20 now and as i got older i just realized how it just seemed like a grab at her seemingly fading relevancy. And it worked for her. but i think i wanted something that was more personal, something that genuinely contributed to the world. I think if LFL never happened, Honeymoon from 2015 to NFR! in 2019 would’ve been a career highlight (even though it is already), it would’ve gotten even more critical acclaim, and it would’ve been much more loved by the fans because the NFR hate i see every day is so indigestible to me. I’m lowkey rambling at this point, but i just mean that LFL either 

A. shouldn’t exist

B. should’ve gone with her witch of alchemy theme

C. should’ve had a different album cover 

giphy.gif

Just a quick shower thought: we don't have more post-UV unreleased stuff, because even the concept demos are too good to be leaked. Fr, I was remaking my unreleased collection and while I was organizing LFL, I came to the conclusion that she really outdid herself after the UV/HM era, On&On and Valley of the Dolls are masterpieces and they're not even finished songs, the later one is a freaking concept demo. She set a very high quality standart for herself during the more recent album sessions. I wonder how many magnum opussies from NFR and COCC are just waiting to be leaked by Honeymouns or whoever...

2 hours ago, lilithlana said:

Heroin, Change, 13 Beaches and Lust for Life (Demo) should've just been put in Honeymoon and LFL should've never happened.

I could agree if we included Tomorrow Never Came. Perhaps an alternative to Sean Lennon's contribution would make this song more lovable to others? And the album cover is one of my favorites, so I wouldn't want to do away with that. She is perfection in her lacy dress with daisies in her hair. 💙

Lust for Life has some of the best songs Lana's ever made, I cannot believe this slander :horror: One day the Honeymoonifcation (everyone hating it and then a few years later everyone loves it) of Lust for Life will happen :true:

imageproxy.jpg

i cant with people saying lust for life needs to be removed :what: i do think what we ended up with could have been WAY better and i mean WAY better but i still love what we ended up with.

However Id love to hear more finished outtakes from the album sessions (cough roses bloom for u) so i can make my own album tracklist to see if it sounds better

Spoiler

Okay actually I would go back in time and scream at Lana in the studio and make her replace every track after Cherry and before Beautiful People with Serene Queen, Yosemite, Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You and replace lfl with demo 2 :teehee:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i cant with people saying lust for life needs to be removed :what: i do think what we ended up with could have been WAY better and i mean WAY better but i still love what we ended up with.

However Id love to hear more finished outtakes from the album sessions (cough roses bloom for u) so i can make my own album tracklist to see if it sounds better

Hide contents

Okay actually I would go back in time and scream at Lana in the studio and make her replace every track after Cherry and before Beautiful People with Serene Queen, Yosemite, Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You and replace lfl with demo 2 :teehee:

Lfl with demo one. Are you high?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

don't know why everyone is bullying lust for life but it's a great album

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

In My Feelings

When the World was at War

Tomorrow Never Came

Heroin

Get Free

so many good songs on one album i can't imagine hating it and tomorrow never came is literally one of my favorite songs ever.

faSE.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

don't know why everyone is bullying lust for life but it's a great album

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

In My Feelings

When the World was at War

Tomorrow Never Came

Heroin

Get Free

so many good songs on one album i can't imagine hating it and tomorrow never came is literally one of my favorite songs ever.

i’m here for TNC praise (but god damn it why did she change the bridge) 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

12 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Just a quick shower thought: we don't have more post-UV unreleased stuff, because even the concept demos are too good to be leaked. Fr, I was remaking my unreleased collection and while I was organizing LFL, I came to the conclusion that she really outdid herself after the UV/HM era, On&On and Valley of the Dolls are masterpieces and they're not even finished songs, the later one is a freaking concept demo. She set a very high quality standart for herself during the more recent album sessions. I wonder how many magnum opussies from NFR and COCC are just waiting to be leaked by Honeymouns or whoever...

i'm SO fucking here for NFR outtakes!!

mUENGN9.png

I just can't hate any album with Heroin, 13 Beaches and Get Free on it

It wouldn't really make sense to get rid of it as she said it was the album for the fans (even though the fans are divided), and NFR was more watered down for critics (and it's a fan favourite)