Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:
12 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I don’t understand why Ben shared it tho? Lana has quite the beef with them right?

Yes.. exactly why I'm curious..

tbh ben probably can't keep track of all the media outlets lana has a problem with

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Where was Ben10 when Dealer was relatively smashing the charts

He must not have felt it was worth giving attention in the many promo cycles, could've been focusing on someone else he manages, or it was doing enough work for itself and they had no other plans for it + this Guardian article could just be for the sake of the Euphoria song or reminding people "Lana exists lets stream her on spotify" for the gp

Just now, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

I have this feeling that ever since Dua became the main pop girl, Lana was somewhat left behind by Ben

:horror: Dua is projected to be the next katy Perry..flop. ben should invest in other artists .

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

violets for Roses is about a toxic relationship..

To be fair, "You made me trade my violets for roses" lyrics were already leaked through merch.

They also said Black Bathing Suit is like High by the Beach if I remember correcly.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I have this feeling that ever since Dua became the main pop girl, Lana was somewhat left behind by Ben

This could be true as well, but Lana (allegedly) herself doesn't care too much for promo, she gives pure sales with her records and has enough streams + some tiktok exposure. I think her label(s?) let her do whatever, seeing as she floats from project to project and producer sessions alike

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

:horror: Dua is projected to be the next katy Perry..flop. ben should invest in other artists .

it's too early to tell. Dua will probably follow the Weeknd and stick to that same pop subgenre for her next era. The problem with Katy is that she didn't really progress as an artist. Even now, after countless tries, When I'm Gone is just another boring early 2010s song.

D.png

The problem with Katy is that she didn't really progress as an artist. Even now, after countless tries, When I'm Gone is just another boring early 2010s song.

lana del rey - "that awful katy perry record" (2021) 

1 minute ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

it's too early to tell. Dua will probably follow the Weeknd and stick to that same pop subgenre for her next era. The problem with Katy is that she didn't really progress as an artist. Even now, after countless tries, When I'm Gone is just another boring early 2010s song.

Dua really milked the shit out of FN..FN had really great melodies-only that all of them were sampled. 

Let's see where she goes..with her creativity..even her latest elton song was a mash of 4 of his songs. Hmm. 

Her voice isnt really that extraordinary.  She might fall off like Leona or Carly

13 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

I'm sure Lana is grateful for that :hide: I don't think she would do any promo (outside of IG posts) if it wasn't for Ben and Interscope.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Dua really milked the shit out of FN..FN had really great melodies-only that all of them were sampled. 

Let's see where she goes..with her creativity..even her latest elton song was a mash of 4 of his songs. Hmm. 

Her voice isnt really that extraordinary.  She might fall off like Leona or Carly

why are we talking about dua lipa on the WCE thread?

The way dua’s always in y’all’s mouths…. one of the most successful artists of the past few years, i might add,  pretty sure she’s here to stay but anyways 

tbh i don’t get why everyone’s mad about it being short, also the “this is what happens when you cater to tiktok” ??? 😭 short songs exist and can be absolute bops, what 😭 

like just stream it twice :kiss3: