x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

3 hours ago, LBcita said:

she is not the first artist to be late to a show and she will not be the last

2 hours ago, White Dress said:

I’m not defending it but I’m just saying… 30 minutes late is very normal for festivals and even regular concerts, honestly even up to an hour is very typical 

Ah yes, the "everyone else does it so it's fine!" argument :gclap:develop some standards. It's rude and unprofessional, period.

ot: This really was her best performance in years and it's such a shame she couldn't have just gotten her shit together and got there on time, or scrapped Bartender/White Mustang and fit Tunnel/VG in at least. 

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

her set is the only one that hasn't been uploaded to bbc player... they hate her fr

Right, I'm certain she really pissed them off with her headliner complaint or something else cos they did NO promo for her yesterday either whilst hyping up the rest of the headliners all day. Don't see them inviting her back after this debacle. 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nice-weather-pity-about-the-music-l7jpc8j5c

Spoiler

Afestival in serious need of an emotional lift off finally received it with a beautiful, vulnerable, surprisingly fun set on Saturday night, from everyone’s favourite millennial torch singer Lana Del Rey. How fitting, as a coup loomed near, to hear her poignant, stately ballads about the end of various relationships and, sometimes, the world.

It was a majestic performance and, also, rather baffling. Del Rey — one of the biggest pop stars of the past decade — was out on the Other Stage, while Guns’n’Roses — who haven’t actually released an album in a decade — were headlining the Pyramid Stage. It was a weird own goal of planning and booking, for a festival constantly having to defend its lack of female headliners.

another great review, glastonbury' organizers may hate her but her angelic voice speaks for itself 

I think people are exaggerating the vocals- she sang beautifully but she wasn’t belting out song after song- it was pleasant and warm with good micing this time despite the lateness which made the difference.

again if she can’t be on time which I’m the same as - do your own little tours and have them late at night so you can get ready 

I just finished watching it and I'm stuck between pure happiness at her vocals and performance, mortification at them literally turning her mic off while you can hear music thumping in the background (noise curfew, who?) and sadness at what has obviously been a tumultuous time for her emotionally - girl basically opened with a 'fuck you' to, assumedly, Jack.

but jesus christ on a cracker she's got to stop being late

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

can we just call it what it is? SELF 👏 SABOTAGE 👏  i have been genuinely wondering whether this “tour” was her idea and now i’m sure it was a compromise between her & her record label. they wanted her to tour & she didn’t so they agreed on a festival tour. she’s still not happy about it so she’s sabotaging it. honestly she seems done.

8 minutes ago, heavenisatunnel said:

can we just call it what it is? SELF 👏 SABOTAGE 👏  i have been genuinely wondering whether this “tour” was her idea and now i’m sure it was a compromise between her & her record label. they wanted her to tour & she didn’t so they agreed on a festival tour. she’s still not happy about it so she’s sabotaging it. honestly she seems done.

i actually think she is just having some problems on her personal life and she seems very nervous so she gets late on stage ig. 

u can see she actually enjoys being there afterwards 

12 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

the way non-stans are gonna think she was late cause she didnt get ready in time, and she still wasnt done by the time she got on stage so now she has to have her hair done now

bffedl0w728b1.jpg

maybe i am psychic after all

image.png

As someone who gets super anxious when I have to speak in public, I understand why she's late. It's that fear to do shit that makes you delay tasks thinking that if I wait, anxiety will go away but it never does. In fact, the more you wait, the more anxious you'll feel. You can just tell how anxious Lana looked during Jimmy part but throughout the night anxiety subsided and she looked and sounded amazing. 

Lana just as many other people, will probably have stage freight for the rest of her life. Plus her current relationship drama.... Not a good mix. Hoping she's not going to be late when she performs at BST. Can't wait to see her in person.

4 minutes ago, J03 said:

Can someone please post a new link? 

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/1gFBKLBkricwMIjJSKsUcvJcHT89vWQNK?usp=sharing

Mods, not sure if this is allowed 

D.png