x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

BBC posted The Grants on yt

Vocals and background singers shine!

Shaad D'Souza at the Guardian gave Lana & co's Glastonbury performance FIVE STARS, early cut off nothwithstanding.

Guardianfivestars2.jpg

I don't really believe in/care about things being "iconic" at all so to me this was just Lana being stupid and Glastonbury not tolerating it. It was what it was. Good show though, aside from ridiculous choreography during Born to Die and basically having to end with White Mustang which she should have ditched years ago. Should have just listened to what they were saying to her and genuinely rushed instead of just saying it, then she probably could have finished with Ocean Blvd and Video Games.

Honestly. 30 mins is really not that bad and she was the last act. I think they did her dirty by cutting her the way they did. She apologised many times for being late. I mean of course she should have been on time but half an hour is really not the end of the world. Would it have drastically affected everything if she was given an additional 20 mins ? Glastonbury should really factor additional time (for lateness or even technical issues because the truth is you never know what can happen backstage on the day) in their programming but they’re probably just trying to save loads of money and profit from already very expensive tickets. 

Regardless of this issues. She was amazing and deserves all the praise. 

5 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

Honestly. 30 mins is really not that bad and she was the last act. I think they did her dirty by cutting her the way they did. She apologised many times for being late. I mean of course she should have been on time but half an hour is really not the end of the world. Would it have drastically affected everything if she was given an additional 20 mins ? Glastonbury should really factor additional time (for lateness or even technical issues because the truth is you never know what can happen backstage on the day) in their programming but they’re probably just trying to save loads of money and profit from already very expensive tickets. 

Regardless of this issues. She was amazing and deserves all the praise. 

She apologised but then blamed it on her hair, which from the festival organisers and crowd's perspective she seemed to have done on stage anyway. It was just dumb of her. Then she had a bad attitude with Byron halfway through the show and then came and sat next to him during Candy Necklace and he didn't seem amused with her lmao. She came off well in the end though when she spent minutes running out to the crowd. BBC iPlayer haven't even uploaded her performance with all of the others so I can't rewatch to see how awkward it was with Byron, I just saw it when it was airing. Saying that it was amazing is an exaggeration. It was good though.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:16 AM, delley said:

Everyone who's still looking for it - page 96, so you can give a ❤️ there. 

Just have to say a big thanks for it, downloaded it the night it was posted and it saved my night while feeding the newborn every 2 hours 😅🥰

It was expensive watch it 

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

She apologised but then blamed it on her hair, which from the festival organisers and crowd's perspective she seemed to have done on stage anyway. It was just dumb of her. Then she had a bad attitude with Byron halfway through the show and then came and sat next to him during Candy Necklace and he didn't seem amused with her lmao. She came off well in the end though when she spent minutes running out to the crowd.

Are you referring to when she asked to redo White Mustang?

13 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

Are you referring to when she asked to redo White Mustang?

I referred to that followed by her sitting by him for Candy Necklace and him ignoring her. Blake didn't seem that enthusiastic either. I just think she pissed everyone off that day aside from people who are already huge fans. It's not just her show, she's ruining it for the band too if they can't finish a Glastonbury headlining set. There's no point pretending she was professional about any of this, she didn't even compromise so they cut her off. :rip: The performance itself was fine, but it didn't have a real ending so it didn't go that well really. Saying it was amazing just because she sang well is crazy, that's what she's supposed to do.

I keep seeing people say she won't be coming back but it seems more likely she won't be invited back. As I said they haven't even uploaded her performance either along with all the others. She could have handled it better. She was told and thought it would be fine to just skip Venice Bitch. She could have listened and skipped a few songs so that we'd have had a real ending to the show. It's no big deal though, it just seemed like a missed opportunity. If she was a professional she'd have listened and instead of saying "Let's just keep going and see what happens" she could have asked exactly how long they had and chose the appropriate closer instead of going ahead with White Mustang. She definitely could have got Ocean Blvd and Video Games in there to end the show if she'd have listened and acted accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I referred to that followed by her sitting by him for Candy Necklace and him ignoring her. Blake didn't seem that enthusiastic either. I just think she pissed everyone off that day aside from people who are already huge fans. It's not just her show, she's ruining it for the band too if they can't finish a Glastonbury headlining set. There's no point pretending she was professional about any of this, she didn't even compromise so they cut her off. :rip: The performance itself was fine, but it didn't have a real ending so it didn't go that well really. Saying it was amazing just because she sang well is crazy, that's what she's supposed to do.

I keep seeing people say she won't be coming back but it seems more likely she won't be invited back. As I said they haven't even uploaded her performance either along with all the others. She could have handled it better. She was told and thought it would be fine to just skip Venice Bitch. She could have listened and skipped a few songs so that we'd have had a real ending to the show. It's no big deal though. I'm generally a fan of her albums, I don't really care about most of the live shows. It just seemed like a missed opportunity. If she was a professional she'd have listened and instead of saying "Let's just keep going and see what happens" she could have asked exactly how long they had and chose the appropriate closer instead of White Mustang. She definitely could have got Ocean Blvd and Video Games in there to end the show if she'd have listened and acted accordingly.

I mean with regards to Byron and other band members, you seem to make a lot of assumptions without knowing anything really. No one knows what happened backstage and again I don’t think it matters that much now. I do agree that she should have been on time but she obviously didn’t think she would actually get cut off and I’m sure she didn’t mean for any of this to happen the way that it did. Of course she could have handled it better but it’s done now. And when I say that she was great, I mean also the whole show (dancers, staging and musicians) not just her voice.

i agree with both sides but honestly this isnt lana’s first offense of being late. its starting to look like she doesn’t respect fans enough who paid a ton of money to see her to be on time. i never think an artist owes fans anything UNLESS its a case like this where most of the people in that crowd paid to see her live. they deserve to see her on time n to see the full show. 

Some fans being delusional saying that Glastonbury should feel honoured to have Lana etc. As if Glastonbury isn’t arguably the most famous festival in the world 

1 minute ago, Whitemustang said:

I mean with regards to Byron and other band members, you seem to make a lot of assumptions without knowing anything really. No one knows what happened backstage and again I don’t think it matters that much now. I do agree that she should have been on time but she obviously didn’t think she would actually get cut off and I’m sure she didn’t mean for any of this to happen the way that it did. Of course she could have handled it better but it’s done now. And when I say that she was great, I mean also the whole show (dancers, staging and musicians) not just her voice.

I think it's safe to say anybody would be annoyed if they were part of a band headlining Glastonbury and didn't get to finish, and it's more the attitude she had towards him. I think they were all annoyed to some extent, including Lana. She was stressed, that's why she snapped a little bit during White Mustang. I didn't think they'd really cut her off either but she did get a chance to wrap things up. During the broadcast I was relieved she managed to stick around for long enough that WM didn't feel like the closer but it would have been great if she'd have managed to get Ocean Blvd in there. It would have been a highlight and made the show feel more well rounded to me. I wouldn't mind as much but she was really hitting her stride vocally during this show and it (obviously) felt incomplete.

5 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i agree with both sides but honestly this isnt lana’s first offense of being late. its starting to look like she doesn’t respect fans enough who paid a ton of money to see her to be on time. i never think an artist owes fans anything UNLESS its a case like this where most of the people in that crowd paid to see her live. they deserve to see her on time n to see the full show. 

If she had the self awareness to know she's coming off that way to a lot of people then she wouldn't have even made the comment about being late because of her hair in the first place. It did look gorgeous though :giggle:

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

Then she had a bad attitude with Byron halfway through the show and then came and sat next to him during Candy Necklace and he didn't seem amused with her (…) I can't rewatch to see how awkward it was with Byron, I just saw it when it was airing.

59 minutes ago, trashmagik said:

Some fans being delusional saying that Glastonbury should feel honoured to have Lana etc. As if Glastonbury isn’t arguably the most famous festival in the world 

they should feel honored, it is possibly the reason why especially many young people visited the festival. even though there were many other strong bands, she was  obviously one of the main attractions

15 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

they should feel honored, it is possibly the reason why especially many young people visited the festival. even though there were many other strong bands, she was  obviously one of the main attractions

the tickets sell out months before the lineup is announced - how it’s always been