x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, glastonburywtf said:

RE why she thinks she was headlining, we think this is because she originally got her own announcement (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/lana-del-rey-added-to-the-glastonbury-2020-line-up/) and this was maybe meant to be repeated but then they forgot or something? Not too sure but hopefully she ends up not pulling out :)

if this is all just a big misunderstanding then that's embarrassing for all of us :bebe:

😋🫶🏼

3 minutes ago, glastonburywtf said:

Evening

I come from the other side (note the name is how we all feel right now, most of us are delighted to have Lana after 2020 got cancelled for covid).

Her placement is headlining the 2nd stage and usually this isn't announced and is just in the alphabet mix. its to make it fairer for all acts and to stop agenet arguing about where their acts are placed on the poster (a big thing at Coachella for example) so that its all about the music.

Re the 4 big names at the top, AM GNR and Elton are the headliners. contray to what i've been seeing here, GNR are the weak one, monkeys are huge here they sell out multiple nights at stadiums up and down the uk (even if their new albums are poor), its their home territory. Lizzo has the higher billing because of them booking 3 old white men acts basically, she's probably a similar size to here as Lana is imo.

Lizzo is not actually headlining though its just to make it look like less of a sausage fest basically. She is playing before Guns n Roses on the saturday, whereas Lana is at the same as Guns N Roses on the second stage. Usually the 4th slot on the top line is reserved for the Legend act (has been kylie minogue, diana ross among others in the past) but this didn't happen this year for whatever reason.

Generally sub headlining the pyramid like lizzo is seen as the same slot as headlining the second stage, imo the other stage headliner is actually better because they get their full stage show and a longer set time.

RE why she thinks she was headlining, we think this is because she originally got her own announcement (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/lana-del-rey-added-to-the-glastonbury-2020-line-up/) and this was maybe meant to be repeated but then they forgot or something? Not too sure but hopefully she ends up not pulling out :)

if you have any questions let me know, its quite late over in the UK but would be happy to answer anything. hopefully she plays and some of you manage to bag tickets!

who are you? are u glastonbury managment? please can you secure me some tickets, thank you

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, glastonburywtf said:

not actually glastonbury, we have our own boards lol

Well she’s rightfully pissed, imo. Obviously something got lost in translation but her managers are British so it’s weird, you’d think they’d be more familiar. Maybe they were expecting her to be included in the press release.

Just now, guns and roses said:

if this is all just a big misunderstanding this'll be embarrassing for all of us :bebe:

I think so, hopefully it is. Its just the way glastonbury announce stuff if you go back to last year's it will look similar i imagine. hopefully all gets resolved 

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

who are you? are u glastonbury managment? please can you secure me some tickets, thank you

i wish i could secure my own every year :) 

should have said i am not actually glastonbury in my original post lol

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Well she’s rightfully pissed, imo. Obviously something got lost in translation but her managers are British so it’s weird, you’d think they’d be more familiar. Maybe they were expecting her to be included in the press release.

She is in the press release - this came out before the original poster

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

"Lil Nas X will return to play before Elton John, while Lana Del Rey will graduate from her 2014 Pyramid stage afternoon slot to headline the Other stage."

Just now, plastiscguy said:

@glastonburywtf can u ask Lana to perform The Greatest on the show thx xox

will do

10 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

listen, i get elton john headlining and maybe guns & roses but arctic monkeys at the top of the list? there's a theme going on here and i don't like it

This isn’t how it works.  Glastonbury only ever announce their 3 headliners. Taylor Swift was initially down to do the Saturday but that’s how Guns & Roses ended up being there. It’s not about being higher on the list. The first part of the list is the pyramid stage. It’s the main stage and a big event. The headline sets are hugely televised on the main television channel and are always the most watched musical tv events of the year excluding Eurovision. Glastonbury is a cultural phenomenon in the UK and so forth the pyramid is a handpicked list of those artists who have made the most impact of the last year or two culturally split with this who haves legacy impact. Lana got the pyramid stage very early on fitting the cultural impact requirement and it was not good. The audience were not there for it, it transpired poorly and the reviews were harsh. Whereas she has a huge audience at Glastonbury it’s not at the pyramid- she’s not a scratch on the general public within comparison to the likes of Lizzo who soundtracks a hundred commercials in this country, gets 20 minutes airtime at the brits even when she’s not nominated or promoting etc, (not a fan of Lizzo but she’s inescapable in this country). I also want to point out there are two other headliners on the other stage and they know and appreciate the drill. Sugababes weren’t even on the poster last year and drew the biggest crowd of the weekend. It’s not that I’m knocking her, I spent a months rent on merch and music this era, but it was good of Glastonbury to have back and quite kind to give her a specific audience and not leave in front of those waiting for her set to be over so they can watch whoever’s on next. This way she’ll get a dedicated audience and any reviews and televised performance will transpire a lot better. 

She is in the press release - this came out before the original poster

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

"Lil Nas X will return to play before Elton John, while Lana Del Rey will graduate from her 2014 Pyramid stage afternoon slot to headline the Other stage."

will do

Clearly not prioritized in the press release, though. Which is strange because in her 2020 slot (which I believe wasn’t as strong), she was announced in the title along with the headliners. A fuck up probably, but I think her dropping out would set a good precedent 🤭

6 minutes ago, glastonburywtf said:

not actually glastonbury, we have our own boards lol

So basically there’s nobody to fill the 4th slot via precedent, so they just randomly close between Lizzo & Lana?

Theyre kind of ridiculous for having a sub headliner on a headliner spot..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I think so, hopefully it is. Its just the way glastonbury announce stuff if you go back to last year's it will look similar i imagine. hopefully all gets resolved 

i wish i could secure my own every year :) 

should have said i am not actually glastonbury in my original post lol

tell greenpeace to reopen their applications so i can get free tickets

tumblr_mopojeYXwt1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, J03 said:

This isn’t how it works.  Glastonbury only ever announce their 3 headliners. Taylor Swift was initially down to do the Saturday but that’s how Guns & Roses ended up being there. It’s not about being higher on the list. The first part of the list is the pyramid stage. It’s the main stage and a big event. The headline sets are hugely televised on the main television channel and are always the most watched musical tv events of the year excluding Eurovision. Glastonbury is a cultural phenomenon in the UK and so forth the pyramid is a handpicked list of those artists who have made the most impact of the last year or two culturally split with this who haves legacy impact. Lana got the pyramid stage very early on fitting the cultural impact requirement and it was not good. The audience were not there for it, it transpired poorly and the reviews were harsh. Whereas she has a huge audience at Glastonbury it’s not at the pyramid- she’s not a scratch on the general public within comparison to the likes of Lizzo who soundtracks a hundred commercials in this country, gets 20 minutes airtime at the brits even when she’s not nominated or promoting etc, (not a fan of Lizzo but she’s inescapable in this country). I also want to point out there are two other headliners on the other stage and they know and appreciate the drill. Sugababes weren’t even on the poster last year and drew the biggest crowd of the weekend. It’s not that I’m knocking her, I spent a months rent on merch and music this era, but it was good of Glastonbury to have back and quite kind to give her a specific audience and not leave in front of those waiting for her set to be over so they can watch whoever’s on next. This way she’ll get a dedicated audience and any reviews and televised performance will transpire a lot better. 

this makes a lot of sense. thank you :kiss:

violets in your eyes

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Clearly not prioritized in the press release, though. Which is strange because in her 2020 slot (which I believe wasn’t as strong), she was announced in the title along with the headliners. A fuck up probably, but I think her dropping out would set a good precedent 🤭

I think some kind of miscommunication has definitely happened, seems she expected her own announcement to me which is obviously fair enough. Not sure who's side the blame is on but no doubt tomorrow they will try sort it out and hopefully prevent a drop out

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

So basically there’s nobody to fill the 4th slot via precedent, so they just randomly close between Lizzo & Lana?

Inb4 the excuse is that Lana's name didn't fit... well, idk, use a different font and size maybe? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

There's also Lil Nas X and Wizkid playing the same slots they are, think Lizzo is quite good friends with the festival and helps with diversity more. it is a bit strange though, this whole announcement has been very weird