Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,066 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

20 hours ago, Bonita said:

in 2 years i hope i want a break and i want her cook up some more A&W's for us 

I hope one year but with fewer songs, more big songs and zero interludes. Just a 10 song album with no skip would be perfect. Kinda drives me crazy how Lana produces 2 songs per month since Norman and there are still tracks that don't make it. Quality Lanita, por favor. Fuck fillers and interludes

I'd rather her put out what she likes or what she thinks needs to be released. If that's new material, an unreleased collection, or covers... so be it. Lana could sing just about anything and I'd be into it. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

13 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Wonder what her chances are of winning a Grammy 

I think about the same as they always are. But after she lost every category in 2020, I will never get my hopes up that high again. 

but she absolutely deserves one for this album. For A&W :squidward:

4 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

Wonder what her chances are of winning a Grammy 

I think they're pretty solid, if they submit her in the Alternative album category.

She's got reputable collaborators on the record (Antonoff, John Batiste, Father John Misty etc), she's in her prime streaming wise (top 10 female artists on Spotify), she just had a collab with Taylor Swift putting her back into mainstream, she had two songs on the Billboard 100 (Snow, Heaven), the album is doing okay streaming wise, and most importantly - the album is her best reviewed since NFR (which they screwed her over with and they know it). 

I'm just worried Ben/Interscope is gonna drop the ball again and submit it in the pop category, which would be a massive mistake. There's not a single pop song on the record. Not one. 

2 hours ago, Dior said:

Literally who cares about a Grammy. It's like a verified IG mark. 

a validation checkmark for her resume basically, she has one of the most immaculate legacy out there and her impact needs to be recognised by some sort of award and stuff, i know the "impact" is not defined by awards but having it as a validation still better than just words.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

we need atleast 2 more music videos for this era :crossed:

it's true, we need an MV for the title track as well. If not then this will be the first era that a title track dont have an mv and i hate inconsistency :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I'm just thinking, imagine the success OB would have had if Taylor Swift was one of the features?

Like, if Lana and Jack just asked  Taylor to do some backing vocals or whatever on one of the tracks.

I reckon OB would have become Lana's second biggest album after BTD. Kinda wish it were true.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

a validation checkmark for her resume basically, she has one of the most immaculate legacy out there and her impact needs to be recognised by some sort of award and stuff, i know the "impact" is not defined by awards but having it as a validation still better than just words.

It's like wishing your favorite actor to win an Oscar. It's perfectly healthy. It's the top award in the industry and LDR was nominated several times. It's time she won. 

1 minute ago, Good Intentions said:

Let's close this era, I think the videos wouldn't do much. But I hope that we get these videos for the next album instead. :pray2:

Yeah, no one has even watched her last video, and people want 2 more? Nah. Waste of time and money.

I want an upbeat song from Lana, something to dance to or workout at the gym. Maybe a collab.