Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

20 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

*NOT A RANKING* I just wanted to be annoying and rearrange the tracklist and the track titles hehe. :sass: Just wanted to see how the flow works if we divide the 'dark' songs and the 'light' songs and connect them with JB Interlude. 

1. The Grants

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard? 

3. Candy Necklaces (feat. Jon Batiste) 

4. American Whore [A&W

5. Two Seconds [Fingertips

6. Kintsugi 

7. I Feel It Interlude [Jon Batiste Interlude

8. It's Time To Go (feat. SYML) [Paris, Texas

9. Three White Butterflies (feat. RIOPY) [Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing

10. Taco Truck [VB

11. Sweet

12. Fishtail 

13. Margaret [feat. Bleachers]  

14. Angelina Jolie (feat. Tommy Genesis) [Peppers

15. Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty) 

the Judah Smith Interlude erasure :cryney2:

😋🫶🏼

On 3/27/2023 at 2:32 AM, fl0r1dakil0s said:

when we find out this was directed at the fans stuck in 2014

https://tenor.com/view/black-girl-surprise-stan-twitter-memes-stan-twitter-black-girl-surprise-stan-twitter-gif-26111597

someone needs to add this gif to the library 

😋🫶🏼

4 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

the mel's diner listening party  :deadbanana:  anyone who got there after like 5:40PM had to wait about 4 hours to get in.. the music was so low volume that you couldn't hear the album.. colton (store owner) did try and make it work but.. it wasn't it 

roFUdg6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

on the bright side they did give out pins that were apparently "designed by lana with mel's, since she's a friend of the family, and she wants the fans here to know that she appreciates and loves you so much"

i also talked to a guy who was hired by charlie to film/take pics of the event.. he was an open book LMFAO if only y'all knew.. he was adorable tho x

:thumb3:

These pins are so cute! One day I will go to California and try the Lana Del Rey milkshake at Mel's :wowcry:

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Which proves how insanely good this album is :oprah: , when a career highlight like A&W is not my fave

No it’s so true. A&W as great as it is for music and for Lana’s career is definitely not one of my top songs from the album. Like it’s a career highlight for sure but it’s not my absolute favourite. 

8Qg234E.gif

The biggest growers for me:

• Sweet

• Kintsugi

• Paris Texas 

• Peppers (one of the most iconic songs in her discography) 

I really liked Fingertips on my initial listen so I didn’t include it on here but it also keeps getting better with each listen along w Margaret. 

8Qg234E.gif

2 minutes ago, Sweet said:

• Sweet

• Kintsugi

• Paris Texas 

I really liked Fingertips on my initial listen so I didn’t include it on here but it also keeps getting better with each listen along w Margaret. 

kintsugi really is the grower of the album. nobody is meant to like it the first time… but every listen is like rediscovering the song over and over

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

kintsugi really is the grower of the album. nobody is meant to like it the first time… but every listen is like rediscovering the song over and over

kintsugi hits so hard for me, bc of family trauma and a lot of grief. this record was painfully relatable 

9 minutes ago, The Grants said:

candy necklace was the grower for me, kintsugi hit immediately and it hit hard :dmd:

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

23 minutes ago, Sweet said:

• Sweet

• Kintsugi

• Paris Texas 

Sweet is such a grower. I wasn’t amazed amazed when I first heard it (I liked it though) but then it suddenly was stuck in my head. The “if you want some basic bitch go to beverly center and you’ll find her there” especially. It’s honestly such a sweet:flutter: song, and it reminds me of valley of the dolls and roses bloom for you. 

Peppers too, when I first heard about tommy genesis on the album I wasn’t too happy about, but now I love it. It’s such a bop. Also the end is lowkey sounding like Kinda Outta luck…

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

27 minutes ago, Sweet said:

• Sweet

• Kintsugi

• Paris Texas 

IASFM !

I mean I really fell in love wiht them at the first listen but then the appeal of other tracks like CN, Fishtail and Taco Truck took over but now they're growing on me again as if it were the first time listening to them

Basically, they sound like classics already