Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

8 hours ago, turquoisejewel said:

"almost victorian with you"

what does she mean with this? :pout:

Like back a long time ago even showing your neck or ankles was kinda sensual. So she means even the smallest little things can turn her on/mean a lot to her. Such as braiding her hair.

23 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

NFR did 74 million lol. Yes, it did better. Also in 2019 when there 50% less streams.

sorry missed this! I believe the numbers that are in the deca-millions are an accumulation of each songs streaming numbers, whereas the numbers @Ultraviolencez and I linked to, which are both under 10 million are the # of times the albums been streamed front to back? Not exactly sure. Someone may know more than me I’m sure!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I love the trajectory of Lana’s journey on the album. From track 1 to 11 is all about self worth, not loving herself, questioning whether she could be a mother or even deserves it, trying to connect to something bigger than herself through her family history ect. It can be very sad. Then track 12 (Light In) is all about actually coming out of all that into a brighter place of positivity, then 13 (Margaret) is all about not needing to try so hard when you know you’re in love and it’s good for you. Then the last 3 songs are more upbeat, fun and Lana is just playing around feeling herself.

She seems to be in a much better place by the end of the record.
I thought the album tracklist order made no sense musically, but story wise it makes sense.

I hope her engagement and current relationship has given her some healing. Chuck having a child seems to have really had a positive effect on her too. Maybe motherhood (if she ever has a baby) will bring her even more healing going forward. 

5 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Rick Nowels certainly does NOT "excel" at "trap beats." In My Feelings is an abomination. One of the worst songs she's ever put out; she knew it was time to move on! 

Skippin' rope in the bayou, bayou
Slip softly in terrain
Not that smart, but I've got things to say
Palm trees in black and white
I like to watch them sway
You're so funny, I wish I could skinny-dip inside your mind

:illumilana2:

Idk i dont think the production is what makes in my feelings bad, it has terrible lyrics and a pretty forgettable melody:bebe: the beat is kind of fun tbh

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

29 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Y’all are gonna get so triggered watching this twink blab about how the new album is a flop…

“I miss old Lana”

Sweetie, then go listen to old Lana, who is stopping you? The albums still exist, they haven’t vanished.

Literally BTD to NFR is “old skool” Lana. That’s 6 albums worth of music. Some peoples entire careers consists of 6 albums. She has more than enough content for all types of fans.

30 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Y’all are gonna get so triggered watching this twink blab about how the new album is a flop…

73 views… why would anyone care lol this is just some random guy

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Not even gonna give 'em a view.  :kiss3:

Guys i think the tracklisting actually makes sense. She opens the album with her talking about her family, trauma (The Grants, A&W), running away and reflecting upon her life (Kintsugi & Fingertips), then she realises in Paris, Texas that it’s actually time to go home and enjoy life

So then we have tracks like Let The Light In and Margaret, which are more uplifting and then transitioning into fun tracks like Peppers and Taco Truck, where’s she’s finally back home in Venice, California and enjoying life.