Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I am NOT a Jack anti but I really think it is a shame Rick wasn’t brought into help with A&W, Fishtail, and Peppers. Rick Nowels excels with using trap beats and I just know he would have taken those songs to the next level. And if Rick and Jack worked together on Taco Truck- people would gag

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I am NOT a Jack anti but I really think it is a shame Rick wasn’t brought into help with A&W, Fishtail, and Peppers. Rick Nowels excels with using trap beats and I just know he would have taken those songs to the next level. And if Rick and Jack worked together on Taco Truck- people would gag

jack is very annoying in the sense that 99% of songs he works on, he is the sole producer (or it's him and the artist) which is why i think a lot of his stuff starts to sound same-y. i feel like if him and one of lana's orevious producers worked together it could open up a whole new sound for him...

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

just found out fantano gave it a 9
that's when you KNOW it's good

still not forgiving him for saying fishtail was his least fav tho

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Um, where Ajay? I miss her and her reviews. The way she always review Lana's new with the witch hat. :flutter:

It's been a year. I hope she's still living. 

In the meantime, this guy is great.

Rick Nowels certainly does NOT "excel" at "trap beats." In My Feelings is an abomination. One of the worst songs she's ever put out; she knew it was time to move on! 

Skippin' rope in the bayou, bayou
Slip softly in terrain
Not that smart, but I've got things to say
Palm trees in black and white
I like to watch them sway
You're so funny, I wish I could skinny-dip inside your mind

:illumilana2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

57 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Rick is the true king. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

22 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Rick Nowels certainly does NOT "excel" at "trap beats." In My Feelings is an abomination. One of the worst songs she's ever put out; she knew it was time to move on! 

Slip softly in terrain

Yeah Rick was great but :rip: Her best trap effort is A&W, followed by High By the Beach (Kieron Menzies).

28 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Slip softly in terrain

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

that’s odd? idk , but back when chuck had her baby, i was driving down sunset blvd and there was patty and rob outside at a table having a glass of wine… i think she and lana just do not associate. (speculation) 

I think people just literally make shit up when it comes to filling in the gaps with Lana’s story. 

and wow that would be such an odd, surreal moment seeing patty and rob in the wild (and on Sunset no less).  Just seeing patty in the flesh would be extra impactful now that she’s kind of the resident villain of the LDR mythos  

I just listened to Ocean Blvd front to back at 3 am, cried during the whole album. This is definitely my number one album, that's it.

you know i got nothing under this overcoaaaaaat ines-brasil-german-singer.gif

Spoiler

this keeps reminding me of the one episode of buffy where there’s the love potion and then she shows up in a robe and almost strips … and then is turned into a rat … too niche? 

8c1cfc54aba2389ffafa0e6d42adbe48e8edc543.gif

sUcVobB.png

8 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

9 hours ago, the greatest bitch said:

When she says “Forensic Files wasn’t on” - I understand on a metaphysical level 

How do you interpret it?

Forensic Files is ALWAYS on tv - specifically late at night. I feel like a lot of people who are aimlessly browsing cable tv at night alone find themselves watching. When forensic files isn’t on cable what’s an American gal to do all alone at night.

I immediately think of sitting in a dark room with the tv glow while wearing like a stupid oversized sleep shirt.