Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

13 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Celebrities who have stanned the album so far

1. Taylor Swift
  2. Caroline Polachek
  3. Rosalía 
  4. Halsey
  5. Kendall Kenner
  6. Lili Reinhart
  7. Manu Rios
  8. Finneas 
  9. Adam Sandler

have I missed anybody?

adam sandler? wuuut? what did he say?

On 3/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, Xenoblade 2 said:

Ocean is not streaming friendly at all. Too many long songs. Still waiting for Spotify to change how they count plays because right now it’s ruining the industry by encouraging shorter and shorter songs. YouTube does it very well with watch times and pay creators based on engagement. That alone curbs clickbait short videos and encourage more meaningful content. Spotify has no system like that. The pay rate is flat based on play counts disregarding length.

I 100% agree, Fingertips, Candy Necklace Kintsugi and Taco truck would be doing ~100k extra streams per day if they were 4 minutes or shorter and that’s why I think A&W (7 minute song) is a bigger hit than doin time (4 minute song) 

38 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

121k in the US :gclap: Highest since UV secured 

outsold miley ctfu

Sad because she would’ve been #1 any other week before March. Her label is trash at picking release dates. Tbh they’re trash at most things. How do you sell over 100K and still not be #1:deadbanana:. The album should have come out the week Karol G releases her album. Easy #1 or any other week before that. Now she has to settle for #3 because of a 36 song album and a 0.69 cents songs EP with 10 versions and 12345 remixes :rip:.

10 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Sad because she would’ve been #1 any other week before March. Her label is trash at picking release dates. Tbh they’re trash at most things. How do you sell over 100K and still not be #1:deadbanana:. The album should have come out the week Karol G releases her album. Easy #1 or any other week before that.

i mean definitely agree but i also feel like the delay was probably due to physical copies not all being ready so if it was released weeks earlier it probably wouldn't have sold this much anyways 

9 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

i mean definitely agree but i also feel like the delay was probably due to physical copies not all being ready so if it was released weeks earlier it probably wouldn't have sold this much anyways 

I mean it would still be #1:deadbanana:. Sales were LOW all year around. Also they could’ve delayed it further if the physicals weren’t ready. They are still having inventory problems gimping her first week sales:

IMG_2699.png

3 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

Because it’s not a Marina Teen Idle reference. She just rhymed the same words.

I think it is- she has tons of music references even if sub conscious-she’s rhymed the exact same lines on when the world was at war before and was a fan of Electra heart.

Theres also an uncredited melody and line interpolation on Ride-4.06

just watched Fantano's review and wow I didn't think he'd like (love:usrs:) it that much :godlaugh:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

3 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all I am STILL feeling a deluxe edition. It’s just the vibe I’m getting like anyone else getting this?! 

Hasn't she literally talked about how much she hates deluxe editions? And why split up sales like that? AND wouldn't it be her first Deluxe Edition since UV? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

Hasn't she literally talked about how much she hates deluxe editions? And why split up sales like that? AND wouldn't it be her first Deluxe Edition since UV? 

Deluxe boost sales not split them, hence their existence. It’s literally another variant with bonus songs.