Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

this is probably such a late post about this, but does anybody have any info on the ocean blvd outtake with the screaming??? i’m so curious about in and i’d love to hear it.. i hope she actually releases it sometimes or it leaks

5 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

this is probably such a late post about this, but does anybody have any info on the ocean blvd outtake with the screaming??? i’m so curious about in and i’d love to hear it.. i hope she actually releases it sometimes or it leaks

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

6 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

If Candy Necklace is a late addition/replacement, was Jon Batiste Interlude still there without CN? It’s strange but not impossible.

omg i never thought about this :um2: i would assume not which might explain the interlude’s messy n chaotic nature. then again, maybe purify ALSO flows into it?

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

omg i never thought about this :um2: i would assume not which might explain the interlude’s messy n chaotic nature. then again, maybe purify ALSO flows into it?

Well Kintsugi and BOZ only mentioned Candy Necklace replacing the other song. They didn’t mention the JB Int. Also, early March leak which we assumed to be songs sent to mastering included JB Interlude but not CN.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

45 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Well Kintsugi and BOZ only mentioned Candy Necklace replacing the other song. They didn’t mention the JB Int. Also, early March leak which we assumed to be songs sent to mastering included JB Interlude but not CN.

true, im sure that means purify transitions into the JB interlude as well. im excited to see what that sounds like :hooker:

3 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

If Candy Necklace is a late addition/replacement, was Jon Batiste Interlude still there without CN? It’s strange but not impossible.

Without the interlude, there would be no Jon Batiste on the album at all.

I'm also surprised that this great artist plays such a minor role on the album, he deserved more.

13 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

Without the interlude, there would be no Jon Batiste on the album at all.

I'm also surprised that this great artist plays such a small role on the album, he deserved more.

there were confirmations that both Interludes were on it even when purify was supposed to be on the album

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

19 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

DON'T FORGET MEEEEEEEEE
LIKE THE TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BOULEVARD

the title track still hits so hard :trisha:

One of her best ever, and my favorite post NFR alongside White Dress. Like, I'm tired of her piano ballads, but I listen to OB almost every day.

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

there were confirmations that both Interludes were on it even when purify was supposed to be on the album

not feeling Purify much, based on the snippets. But would be good to hear. 

Now CRY KILL DIE from her Lust for Life sessions. I NEED THAT FULL SONG ASAP lol.

Why was it left out when Coachella somehow made the cut? Ugh. It sounds soo good, and the line "I'll see you in hell" is Lana at her finest. 

4 minutes ago, barttttender said:

not feeling Purify much, based on the snippets. But would be good to hear. 

Now CRY KILL DIE from her Lust for Life sessions. I NEED THAT FULL SONG ASAP lol.

Why was it left out when Coachella somehow made the cut? Ugh. It sounds soo good, and the line "I'll see you in hell" is Lana at her finest. 

coachella is perfectly fine and cry kill die is from hm sessions

12 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

coachella is perfectly fine and cry kill die is from hm sessions

Ha. Good to know!

Well, I guess it doesn't fit HM that much. But would have fit on LFL production wise.

I'm in such dire need of a "Best of LDR unreleased" compilation with a tracklist like:

1. Hollywood

2. Serial Killer

3. Angels Forever

4. Cry Kill Die

5. Backfire

6. Yes to Heaven

7. Ridin'

8. French Restaurant

9. You can be the Boss

10. Drivin' in Cars with Boys

11. Fine China

12.  Goodbye Kiss

Maybe also Disco, Dragon Slayer and Your Girl. 

Can you imagine how perfect that would be???

Maybe re-record it all with a producer like Max Martin or Rick Nowels and release as a new album?

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Ha. Good to know!

Well, I guess it doesn't fit HM that much. But would have fit on LFL production wise.

I'm in such dire need of a "Best of LDR unreleased" compilation with a tracklist like:

1. Hollywood

2. Serial Killer

3. Angels Forever

4. Cry Kill Die

5. Backfire

6. Yes to Heaven

7. Ridin'

8. French Restaurant

9. You can be the Boss

10. Drivin' in Cars with Boys

11. Fine China

12.  Goodbye Kiss

Can you imagine how perfect that would be???

it wouldve worked really good if she wouldve released sime kind of unreleased compilation in like end of 2021 - start of 2022 instead of blue banisters, leaving bb as just an ep out of 4 tracks - text book, blue banisters, wildflower wildfire and Black bathing suit 

11 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

That's why I wonder if Purify is also a track with Jon (at least on production) cause it makes no sense that the album first leaked without CN but we still had the interlude... unless whoever leaked it took Purify off cause they knew it was scrapped (at least from Ocean Blvd)

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

POP EMERGENCY: The album fell to 84 on the BB200

we lost

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing