Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

10 hours ago, honey dew said:

The poll in fact shows that there are more Margaret fans than The Grants fans and Sweet fans, which is extremely worrying. Research has shown that Sweet fans are the most oppressed and socially isolated demographic on Lanaboards, and the most likely to suffer from major depression and comorbidities such as fibromyalgia, schizophrenia and iron deficiency.

in the sweeeet iron deficiency :whine:

Capture.jpg

@Orville Peck Listened to the first song off of: Live at KEXP - nice that I can introduce myself via live, my preferred style. Your voice has a little Link Wray, Roy Orbison, and Joe Jackson echo-ey quality. Lana would like it. Do you expect to make a duet with Lana?

46 minutes ago, Louise said:

@Orville Peck Listened to the first song off of: Live at KEXP - nice that I can introduce myself via live, my preferred style. Your voice has a little Link Wray, Roy Orbison, and Joe Jackson echo-ey quality. Lana would like it. Do you expect to make a duet with Lana?

Oh Louise, you are so sweet. :oprah:

I think yes, Orville would love to make a duet with Lana... on many occasions he has mentioned Lana as one of his inspirations.

In 2019 he did a live cover of Norman fucking Rockwell.

**Could some mod move this to the Orville Peck thread? :)

17 hours ago, ByDayAnother said:

Still crying to Kintsugi 🤘🏻 

2 hours ago, WildMustang said:

Fingertips being her best song ever, yup 

Her best 1-2 punch to the gut ever. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’d love to know how many songs were written for a Ocean Blvd including the two interludes, we know about 18 right now (The album + Zodiac and Sunshine) This is her first album since Norman to feature all new tracks (Not including Next Best American Record because she always recycles one or two songs from the last record) so I wonder if she wrote more in the 2ish years in between BB and Ocean 

My thoughts :makeup:

This album is absolutely incredible, the sheer power in every track. I personally think the album is very cohesive and kinda builds its own grand and beautiful world which I felt was lacking in the last several albums. I get everyone disliked the side D tracks but personally I think they work perfectly on the album, especially at the end. It leaves the album on such a fun and good note, on what would otherwise be just a very heavy emotional record. Every track really makes a statement and my only real complaint is the lack of Zodiac, the deranged rocker anthem, as track 5.. because yes, I would delete Judah Scuffed Interlude from existence if I had it my way :oprah3: But thats my only complaint. I lied, I just lied to you, I don't like Margret that much but its cute so it gets a pass. Fingertips is also one of my new favorite Lana songs. The melody and the orchestration is just gorgeous and the lyrics are absolutely tragic yet breathtaking. Its a beautiful gift and I'm so glad she shared it with us. I also absolutely love Let The Light In, The Grants, Sweet, A&W, Fishtail, Peppers, imjustgonnaenduplistingthewholealbum, Candy Necklace.. like this album is a classic and I hope everyone recognizes it as that

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Kintsugi and Fingertips haters make me even madder when you take into account that these two songs are very personal, transparent and honest. During COCC she made a video talking about how she wasn't going to let people tell her story for her, that the popular narratives were fictitious, and the real story was more beautiful than what they say. Fingertips is the result of this.

Talking about it all: her siblings, being sent away, resenting her mother, wanting a child, suicide, death/loss of a partner.....I mean, she covered so many bases. As a long time fan I'm very moved by it. Like, sure a lot of this stuff we've known or has been inferred....but it's different when she actually sings about it

It's storytelling, it's songwriting, it's poetry. Those just here for "bops" and "cinematic production" or whatever it is they're not getting....you're just not gonna appreciate or understand the true magnificence of the songs if you don't genuinely love Lana's writing and story. I love hearing her sing about this shit, it feels really personal and touching and I feel every word, it's truly music for the soul. Idk how some people cant see how BIG these two songs are for her. They're so important. But thats just me

3 hours ago, Americanboy said:

Kintsugi and Fingertips haters make me even madder when you take into account that these two songs are very personal, transparent and honest. During COCC she made a video talking about how she wasn't going to let people tell her story for her, that the popular narratives were fictitious, and the real story was more beautiful than what they say. Fingertips is the result of this.

Talking about it all: her siblings, being sent away, resenting her mother, wanting a child, suicide, death/loss of a partner.....I mean, she covered so many bases. As a long time fan I'm very moved by it. Like, sure a lot of this stuff we've known or has been inferred....but it's different when she actually sings about it

It's storytelling, it's songwriting, it's poetry. Those just here for "bops" and "cinematic production" or whatever it is they're not getting....you're just not gonna appreciate or understand the true magnificence of the songs if you don't genuinely love Lana's writing and story. I love hearing her sing about this shit, it feels really personal and touching and I feel every word, it's truly music for the soul. Idk how some people cant see how BIG these two songs are for her. They're so important. But thats just me

No, I don't think it's just you, I feel it too. With Fingertips in particular, her choice of words, the tone of her voice, and that sort of serene desperation, it feels like she's speaking directly to our hearts or our souls. :crai:

But based on our own life experience, I can accept that it doesn't resonate the same for everyone. I mean, I am always moved by tragedies, but that might not be what everyone is looking for in her. 

what is it about the obsession of these people with the idea of her retiring? like STAWPPPP :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing